June 24th, Croke Park in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Dublin Second Night

Edges' Flying V said:
Got my GA's and room at the Clarence.

Anybody set to party?

Room at the Clarence?? They've been booked for a solid month... how'd you do it?

Yup!
Coming from Canada and will be staying the week. Have tickets for the first show but got skunked for the second show. Can't wait for some awesome Guinness cuzz the Guinness in Canada just isn't the same!

Eek, I still haven't booked my airtix and the accomodations. I don't know why I'm stilll waiting for the concert tix before doing this, when Dublin is going to be packed that weekend. :huh: I'm not positive yet if I can take off work in June.

I'm moving to Dublin in 1,5 weeks, so I'll be up for a party for sure!!! Can't wait! And it would be so cool to meet loads of U2 fans from all around the world...

dizzy said:
Eek, I still haven't booked my airtix and the accomodations. I don't know why I'm stilll waiting for the concert tix before doing this, when Dublin is going to be packed that weekend.
It's a nightmare finding a place to stay. Trust me - it took me a lot of emails! Some, or most, hotels are doubling their room rates and all B&B's in the general area are fully booked.

Lucy3011 said:

It's a nightmare finding a place to stay. Trust me - it took me a lot of emails! Some, or most, hotels are doubling their room rates and all B&B's in the general area are fully booked.

Actually, got lucky and booked a room for two at a guest house next to the Croke Park! :hyper: Had to call them though as they didn't have a website. The lady asked if I'm going to see U2. Her son's a fan too. :D

dizzy said:

Actually, got lucky and booked a room for two at a guest house next to the Croke Park! :hyper: Had to call them though as they didn't have a website. The lady asked if I'm going to see U2. Her son's a fan too. :D

You ARE lucky!

Goin' on the 24th.

Long time dream, 1st time to Erin. SO EXCITED

mitcher16 said:
Yup!
Coming from Canada and will be staying the week. Have tickets for the first show but got skunked for the second show. Can't wait for some awesome Guinness cuzz the Guinness in Canada just isn't the same!

Couldn't agree more. My wife and I are travelling from Toronto. We are looking forward to a great show on the 25th (and the 24th if anyone has 2 extra tix lying about). :drool:

As for a U2 get together in Dublin, let's set something up. That would be brilliant.

Peace.

Re: Drinking in Dublin

irishbusby said:
Anyone think they can keep with the Irish on a little pub crawl through Temple Bar on Friday daytime before the gig? [/QUOTE

Seeing as I am going to the Saturday gig, I am defnitely up for any ATTEMPT to keep up with the Irish on a Friday pub crawl.

Let me know.

Peace.

We have lift off!

pop_Mofo,

I'm going on Friday night, so will be having a 'few 'warm up' pints in the afternoon before getting over to Croke Park. Also hoping to scalp some Saturday/(SUNDAY??) tickets.

Manchester and Twickenham tickets in the bag.

Have some chums coming over from the UK who want to see a bit of the city as well - I'm a native of Dublin (claims to fame: attended Mount Temple Comprehensive School!), but now live in Blighty.

Shall we say midday in the Octogon Bar, Clarence Hotel? Seems a good a place as any! Then perhaps we can kick off a stroll down through Temple Bar?

Busby.:drool:

Some friends and I found a fantastic little apartment RIGHT on the edge of Temple Bar, kind of in the historic district there, and we're going to live there for 2 months this summer. We won't even have to walk home after a night out -- we'll just...fall home! :dance:

I'm stoked. I've been dreaming of going to Ireland all of my life, and I can't believe I'm finally going!

PaleBlueDot said:
Some friends and I found a fantastic little apartment RIGHT on the edge of Temple Bar, kind of in the historic district there, and we're going to live there for 2 months this summer. We won't even have to walk home after a night out -- we'll just...fall home! :dance:

I'm stoked. I've been dreaming of going to Ireland all of my life, and I can't believe I'm finally going!

Hey PaleBlueDot, you are gonna love Ireland. This will be my fourth time there and I can't get enough. I want to live there!! Anyway, I digress...I am wondering if your apartment is near where my wife & I will be staying. We are staying on the edge of Temple Bar, on Dame Street right next to the Bank of Ireland building and across from Trinity College. You nearby???

Irishbusby, my wife and I are in. How may people are you travelling with?? It will just be 2 of us and we are 28 & 27 years old. This is gonna be good.

Peace.

Irishbusby, my wife and I are in. How may people are you travelling with?? It will just be 2 of us and we are 28 & 27 years old. This is gonna be good.

I'm bringing over with a married couple, also in late twenties. I'm 31. My brother and sister also coming along to the gig/should join us for pre-gig drinkies!

We are not GA tickets, so are in no rush to be outside the stadium all day. Look forward to seeing you there!

Busby.

I'm going down to busk outside Croke, playing All I Want Is You and possibly Desire if all goes to plan:wink:

Me and my Brother are going on the 24th, to well have a laugh I'll be playing a few songs on my guitar so you'll know who it is:wink:

Re: Croke Park June 24th//

uwwedoogie said:
Anybody interested in meeting up that day or day before?? me and Mullen4Prez are heading up to Dublin for it...

My friend and I are flying into Dublin sometime on June 22, 2004 - Keep us informed on the plans. Can't wait for the concert.

pop_mofo said:

Hey PaleBlueDot, you are gonna love Ireland. This will be my fourth time there and I can't get enough. I want to live there!! Anyway, I digress...I am wondering if your apartment is near where my wife & I will be staying. We are staying on the edge of Temple Bar, on Dame Street right next to the Bank of Ireland building and across from Trinity College. You nearby???

Peace.

Awesome!

Actually, we are on the OTHER end of Temple Bar...the west side. On Parliament St. between Dame St. and whichever street runs the north side of Temple Bar (I forget). And actually no one has signed anything yet so it's not definite yet...Man, Dubliners are nice as hell, but they're so hard to do business with...they take their sweet old time lol. It's like...WEEKS between emails...a bit frustrating...which I know is very American of me...

You guys scored a fantastic location! Go you. And YES -- this is going to be good...no, GREAT. (Great and good...grood! ha ha) Seriously, though...This is going to be one amazing summer. For me, anyway.

My friends that I've got together for this are 25 and 34, from California and NYC respectively. Very cool guys.

Last edited:
OK I figured I need to come back to this thread and make an update.

I've had a buttload of people email me about this, and nothing is set in stone yet but I pretty much have my flatmates picked...

HOWEVER, we do all need to hang out...

Also, if anyone here really is serious about living in Dublin for a while, I recommend www.let.ie and www.daft.ie.

Also, I just have to give a shout out to all the Dubliners who've emailed me just to offer advice and whatnot...and invariably, they asked me out for a pint. Seriously, Dubliners are the nicest, warmest people in the world. I hope that never changes.

irishbusby said:

I'm bringing over with a married couple, also in late twenties. I'm 31. My brother and sister also coming along to the gig/should join us for pre-gig drinkies!

We are not GA tickets, so are in no rush to be outside the stadium all day. Look forward to seeing you there!

Busby.

So, just to confirm, are we looking at June 24th, in the octagon?? Sometime early afternoon?? Let's iron out the details.

Peace.

OCTAGON?

In an attempt to finalise:

OCTAGON at midday on FRIDAY.

I'll ring close to the time to see if members of "joe public" are even allowed into the bar/hotel over the weekend - the band usually book most of the hotel - may be a RESIDENTS ONLY BAR that weekend!

If that is the case, suggest meeting in EAMON DORAN's instead - still in TEMPLE BAR (on Crown Alley), and one of Dublin's PREMIER ROCK VENUES!

U2 tribute bands have played here in the past - I'll keep an eye on listings sites nearer time too - and post any U2-related club nites!!!

Mine's a pint of the 'Black Gold'!

(That's Guinness, to the uninitiated!)

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/eamonndoran.html

I've got GA tickets for the 24th, so I won't be out that afternoon, but what about the night before? Anyone up for that???

PaleBlueDot: let me know when you arrive in Dublin and if you want to meet up for a pint (or two...)...

I'll be at the 10/25 show, and staying near Croke. I'll probably hear the show from there. Would love to meet up on the 24th though, if something's happening.

Back
Top Bottom