June 18th, Twickenham Stadium in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For people needing hotels, ive just booked at

infotel.co.uk

hotel name St Giles Hotel Heathrow Feltham,

believe its under 5miles away, 50quid a room

deffo interested in after show party, but what about our marvellous licensing hours, will anywhere still be open for a few pints?

btw the hotel i mentioned above has a bar but whether its for residents only and/or open late im not sure. will try to find out

Any final word on a place to meet? I'm leaving tomorrow and hope to see some of you before the show.

Jeff

Ok, if we're going to do something we should organise it pretty quick - if nothing is set, why don't we all just arrange to meet afterwards and take it from there?

Weather forcast for the weekend in London (not that it means anything this far ahead):

FRIDAY, JUNE 17
Mostly sunny, high 26C (79F)
POP: 20%

Night: mostly clear 14C (58F)
POP: 0%

SATURDAY JUNE 18
Mostly sunny, high 28C (82F)

Night: mostly clear, low 14C (58F)
POP: 20%

SUNDAY, JUNE 19
Scattered thunder storms, high 27C (80F)
POP: 40%

Night: Scattered thunder storms, low 14C (57F)
POP: 40%

Obviously weekend weather reports are a little premature and on average not very accurate. That said if this happens to turn out as expected then it would make for a great Saturday show. Can't wait.

If there are thunderstorms on Sunday and you're flying out of Heathrow or Gatwick, you can expect delays.

Jon

Last edited:
WEATHER UPDATE:
The weather forcast for Saturday went from good to better, and from bad to excellent for Sunday!! Looks like it might be a nice weekend! Good news all around.

FRIDAY, JUNE 17
Mostly sunny, high 27C (80F)

Night: partly cloudy, 17C (63F)

SATURDAY JUNE 18
Mostly sunny, high 29C (84F)

Night: mostly clear, low 15C (59F)

SUNDAY, JUNE 19
Partly cloudy, high 28C (82F)

Night: low 13C (55F)
POP: 30% chance of late showers

Off to London tonight. See you there!

Jon

Hi, I haven't time right now to go right through this thread (leaving tomorrow for London) but is there any kind of meetup planned on the 18th/19th? Would be up for something particularly as - to make a long story short - I'll be on my lonesome :(

Re: Anyone goin to Twickenham on the 18th or 19th??

1 love 1 life said:
Hi everyone!

If anyone is goin to Twickenham on the 18th or 19th we should all so meet up! It would be kool to get to talk to other u2 fans (esp. just before the concert wahooo) I'm so excited bout goin! yay!! :)

Kerri

DEFINITELY! I'm going tomorrow night. Someone from this forum, who is from the same town I went to university in, is seated literally next to my friend and I. How weird! Sadly I don't remember who it is :reject:

I've been looking forward to it, but as I've had a lot of very serious family problems, I found it hard to get excited about the concert, even though I'm REALLY looking forward to it... I know I will HOWL my eyes out when they do Sometimes. But, at the same time, this gig has kept me going for a long time. I know. I know once I'm there I'll be awed by it all. :)

I am sure I'll be there wondering how many of the crowd are people I've chatted with here!

Added 5 mins later:
Bono's Tart said:
The Hull girls will be at both Twickenham dates look out for the tshirts!!!:wink:
BLOODY HELL - that is where I went to Uni!!!!!!! Hull!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Anyone goin to Twickenham on the 18th or 19th??

sallycinnamon78 said:

DEFINITELY! I'm going tomorrow night. Someone from this forum, who is from the same town I went to university in, is seated literally next to my friend and I. How weird! Sadly I don't remember who it is :reject:

I've been looking forward to it, but as I've had a lot of very serious family problems, I found it hard to get excited about the concert, even though I'm REALLY looking forward to it... I know I will HOWL my eyes out when they do Sometimes. But, at the same time, this gig has kept me going for a long time. I know. I know once I'm there I'll be awed by it all. :)

I am sure I'll be there wondering how many of the crowd are people I've chatted with here!

Added 5 mins later:
BLOODY HELL - that is where I went to Uni!!!!!!! Hull!

im from Hull as well, in block 22 on Saturday. what did you think of it?

Back
Top Bottom