Detroit Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there!

On the 24th, my best friend and I will be going to our first real concert/U2 concert/cool concert/awesome time concert and all that jazz!

And on the 25th, if I can find tickets (darn high school during the sale!) my girl and I will rock with you!

I'm already peeing my pants over this!

Well count me in for both days for the GA line, possibly with a special interference guest. Details are being worked out...

My best friend and her husband will be joining me the second show. Parents are going with seats to the first show. Boss is allegedly going to one of the shows, I am not really counting on it cause she is notorious for backing out of things... :p

Party Sunday Night?

Hey All,

I'm thinking that we might want to get together and party the night before. What do you all say?

The Palace is about a half hour from Detroit, and we've got a Hard Rock Cafe now (wooohoo, about twenty years after everyone else! lol). If anyone is up for a Hard Rock gathering, holler. If not, either because most people going are from out of town (and will most likely have hotels close to the arena) or live closer to Auburn Hills than Detroit, there's a bar across the street called The Post that would suit us just as well.

I know we've quite a way down the line, but if anyone has anything to add, please post here. :D

I think I would probably be up to it... it would be nice if they allowed us a TV screen or something to play some videos and get in the mood (like we're going to need any help...)

So yeah, count me in :D

i'll be driving from kalamazoo, MI and camping in the GA line both nights! it pays to be your own boss and leave work any time.

i hope to finally get to meet some of you!

I will be there overnight for the 25th show and will either be in a seat or at the back of the GA for the 24th show (have a pair of GAs and will try to trade for a good seat b/c I can't get there very early).

Hey,

I've stepped up to the plate as organizer of the Detroit U2 group at Meetup.com. I'd really like to get this group active, especially with the Detroit shows around the corner.

Please consider visiting the site to sign up and participate:

http://u2.meetup.com/32/

Thanks!

Jenny

I am still in shock that I really am gonna be able to go to the show on the 25th. :hyper:

Beth...if you ever need a kidney...I'm your woman. :wink:

K, well I don't know if that "meetup.com" thing will take off... but I know we have enough interferencers here for a pre-concert gathering. I know LMPA suggested something the night before the shows, which would seem appropriate since a lot of peeps will be up early the next day for the GA line.

I'm open to a *small* interference gathering at my place the day/night before, if anyone is interested... that would be Sunday, Oct. 23. Not sure when all the out of town peeps will be arriving, but... if it's at my place, we could play U2 music and watch U2 vids and stuff like that. :wink:

Anyway, I don't really want to plan this on a public board, cuz my house is only so big, I'm a pretty private person, yadda yadda yadda... but if peeps are interested, why don't you e-mail me at tradingerised at yahoo dot com and let's see if we can get a discussion going. :yes:

erised said:
K, well I don't know if that "meetup.com" thing will take off... but I know we have enough interferencers here for a pre-concert gathering. I know LMPA suggested something the night before the shows, which would seem appropriate since a lot of peeps will be up early the next day for the GA line.

I'm open to a *small* interference gathering at my place the day/night before, if anyone is interested... that would be Sunday, Oct. 23. Not sure when all the out of town peeps will be arriving, but... if it's at my place, we could play U2 music and watch U2 vids and stuff like that. :wink:

Anyway, I don't really want to plan this on a public board, cuz my house is only so big, I'm a pretty private person, yadda yadda yadda... but if peeps are interested, why don't you e-mail me at tradingerised at yahoo dot com and let's see if we can get a discussion going. :yes:

We're staying with April so if she's going then I guess Kariann, Schmeg, and I will be there :D

PM me when you have the details worked out.

Is there anybody who is only going to the show on the 25th (or is going home in between shows) who would want to ride there with me? I'll drive...but I'd perfer to go with somebody.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
detroit frightens me

I've worked in Detroit for seven years. I went to grad school in Detroit for four years. I'm tough.

Seriously, The Palace of Auburn Hills is way the heck out in safe quiet suburbia, about 35 miles due north of the city of Detroit. Nothing to worry about. Unless you're the Indiana Pacers or you like to throw chairs and beer cups at people.

Bonochick said:
Is there anybody who is only going to the show on the 25th (or is going home in between shows) who would want to ride there with me? I'll drive...but I'd perfer to go with somebody.

*Bumpy McBumperson*

Anybody?

P.S. Don't listen to anything April says about my driving skills. :wink:

Alrighty, last call... if you think you might be available on Sunday, Oct. 23 to hang with some Detroit-area U2 fans, please send me your Interference.com username and an e-mail addy to tradingerised at yahoo dot com so we can plan this shindig. :D

does anybody wanna share a rental car?? I fly in Saturday, Oct. 22 at 3:30 p.m.... rg_3@juno.com

I booked a room at the MOTEL 6:wink: if anybody wants to share a room, that would be great too. I am 24, male, safe driver.

Alright, head count then...

Who's camping for which night?

I am up for both nights... I just need to talk Neutral into it... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom