Dec. 9, HSBC Arena in Buffalo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wenda said:
Hopefully someone in the know can help...

Is there a mall, movie theatre or Target near the HSBC Arena? My cousin may drive down with me but she's not going to the show and wanted to pass the time somewhere close by so she doesn't get lost...

well.... there's a target about 15 mins away.... the mall is kinda futher- maybe 20 mins- but its super easy to get to.

And movie theater? That's right by the target! It's a Regal on Elmwood Ave.

OMG!! hit me with that business, lol.

And thanks for the advice..maybe she won't have to go after all if there's a ticket, lol. I do believe I'd have to switch with her if that were the case. I'd go GA and she'd go in my seat, lol.

GA :drool:

Last edited:
Please do!! Can I give you my email address? I can't check the board at work.

To make the trip less stressful for me, I think I'm going to take the train to town tomorrow night instead of driving up in what could be lousy weather on Friday. I'm pretty sure the hotel I'm staying at has rooms available for tomorrow night, so I'll hole up and work on school work tomorrow night and Friday morning, then head over to the line around noon.

Does anyone think noon will be too late for me to get a rail spot? I went at 9 a.m. in the spring and in October and got great spots, but I'm thinking not as many people are going to show up that early on Friday.

Glad you could find a ticket, wenda! :)

BonoIsMyMuse said:
To make the trip less stressful for me, I think I'm going to take the train to town tomorrow night instead of driving up in what could be lousy weather on Friday. I'm pretty sure the hotel I'm staying at has rooms available for tomorrow night, so I'll hole up and work on school work tomorrow night and Friday morning, then head over to the line around noon.

Does anyone think noon will be too late for me to get a rail spot? I went at 9 a.m. in the spring and in October and got great spots, but I'm thinking not as many people are going to show up that early on Friday.

Glad you could find a ticket, wenda! :)

Thanks!! :happy:

I hope the weather is driveable...Me no likey winter weather driving. :(

I'm going to head up there at about 7:30 am and scope out the scene at the Arena.... I right down town so I'm super close - I don't know how crowded it will be. A couple people said theyre coming down at noon and they're pretty confident about a spot so.... :)

...SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A SNOW ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 NOON EST FRIDAY.

LOW PRESSURE OVER THE OHIO VALLEY TODAY WILL MOVE NORTHEAST AND SPREAD SNOW INTO WESTERN NEW YORK DURING THE MID AND LATE EVENING HOURS. THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT AND TAPER OFF FRIDAY MORNING. GENERAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES ARE EXPECTED...WITH THE HIGHER AMOUNTS NEAR THE PENNSYLVANIA LINE. ANOTHER 1 TO 3 INCHES MAY FALL LATER FRIDAY OVER CHAUTAUQUA AND CATTARAUGUS COUNTIES AS THE FLOW TURNS OFF LAKE ERIE.

Nope, no wristbands, unfortunately.

I live about four hours downstate from Buffalo, and we're actually supposed to get 8 or 9 inches of snow. It's odd that we're getting more than Buffalo is supposed to. Not that it matters to me--I'm out of here in a few hours, long before the snow.

The guy selling me my ticket is giving me a ride down. Don't know him though so I'm a little nervous. But he's a U2 fan right, so... :huh:

It should be fine though...YAY!! U2 TOMORROW!

wenda said:
The guy selling me my ticket is giving me a ride down. Don't know him though so I'm a little nervous. But he's a U2 fan right, so... :huh:

It should be fine though...YAY!! U2 TOMORROW!

I am driving from Cleveland (after flying from Duluth, MN :huh: ) with a guy I met at a U2 show 13 years ago and have not seen since:ohmy: . But I am hoping your theory is correct, if they are a U2 fan, they must be safe!!!

ONE MORE DAY!!!

fair trade said:

I am driving from Cleveland (after flying from Duluth, MN :huh: ) with a guy I met at a U2 show 13 years ago and have not seen since:ohmy: . But I am hoping your theory is correct, if they are a U2 fan, they must be safe!!!

ONE MORE DAY!!!

Gah, I'm nervous!!

hold me :hug:

question...

Is anyone else gonna be a late comer? I have a GA ticket now and wondering if anyone else will be showing up later than the others...I may need a friend, lol.

We are getting to Buffalo around noon but I don't plan on standing in line. Probably lining up around 6 pm. We'll be around the corner at Cobblestones from 4 - 6 for happy hour.

Uh oh...I have 2 concerns.

I forgot my passport at home but I do have my drivers license...are they requiring passports yet to cross the border? I know they were going to make it mandatory at some point but I thought that was next year or 2007.

Also, not sure how stupid this question is, but my friend let me use her credit card online last night for the ticket and I chose to print the ticket at home since she can't be there to pick it up. Now the sheet says the ticket isn't for resale but her name is on it. Will I need to show ID to use the ticket for them to know its with the credit card holder? Does that make sense?

Hopefully this snow lets up. I hate driving in this weather.

Last edited:
I hope to be there at about 5 or so...I'm driving from Toronto and it snowed like a mofo last night. I hope to be there in time before they stop scanning.

Will do! What if there are many with popmart shirts on? LOL.

I'll be wearing a black Roots hoody.

So I made it from Duluth to Cleveland and now just have to get to Buffalo!! We will be arriving later also and hanging out at the ETS party for a while. I would guess we also will be hitting the line at six. My picture is posted on the list of people going to Cleveland under fair trade- it is the first post on the Cleveland fan gatherings link. EVERYONE TRAVEL SAFE!! Susie

wenda said:
Anyone else gonna be in line alone?

I am since the people I'm meeting still havent' gotten here and aren't answering their cell!! it's 1:15, if you want to meet soon email me at connachtpa @ yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom