Dec. 9, HSBC Arena in Buffalo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Gabe- This is the listing in the Buffalo News :

Pearl Street Grill and Brewery. 76 Pearl St. 856-2337. Fri.: Fully Clothed Gents (Barenaked Ladies tribute), 10:30 p.m. Next Fri.: Vertigo (U2 tribute), 10:30 p.m.

I called there just now and the guy said yes- and unless the company double booked the band :ohmy: - they usually get the tribute bands after the concerts..... that would be cool considering its a 30 second walk from the arena anyways.... D'Arcys is about a 10 minute drive....

Now I'm confused... :confused:

MirrorballLemon said:
I'm hoping to line up about 3 or 4 depending on the weather. Buffalo winters can be awfully, awfully cold. (im probably going to buy a winter jacket at goodwill and trash it before the show) I was thinkin about tailgating before the show, but again, thats all dependent on the weather.

dec9.jpg

To those of you who are in contact with HSBC staff, would you mention U2's policy regarding cameras? You know, no detachable lens SLR types, but point and shoot are okay.

kimmywimmy said:
Hey Gabe- This is the listing in the Buffalo News :

Pearl Street Grill and Brewery. 76 Pearl St. 856-2337. Fri.: Fully Clothed Gents (Barenaked Ladies tribute), 10:30 p.m. Next Fri.: Vertigo (U2 tribute), 10:30 p.m.

I called there just now and the guy said yes- and unless the company double booked the band :ohmy: - they usually get the tribute bands after the concerts..... that would be cool considering its a 30 second walk from the arena anyways.... D'Arcys is about a 10 minute drive....

Now I'm confused... :confused:

Well I'm the sound engineer for Vertigo and they are for sure at D'Arcy's NOT Pearl Street so I'm confused too hehe. And I'm for sure no illegal cloning has taken place.

gabrielvox said:

Where the HELL is Kevin in this discussion anyways??? He's the man with the master plan!! :wink:

G

Well- his plans are quite conflicting on my behalf ....:eyebrow: and his mater plan is not quite what I was expecting for a bitchin' nite out.... so..... who knows. :scratch:

Are we to assume Instant Karma will be a definite for Friday because of the connection between U2, Lennon and Buffalo? Good or bad if it is?

I dont mind it

beezd26 said:

Well I'm the sound engineer for Vertigo and they are for sure at D'Arcy's NOT Pearl Street so I'm confused too hehe. And I'm for sure no illegal cloning has taken place.

Whats the damage going to be?

Is there a guestlist?

Get Greg in here or Ill have to call him LOL

G

Okay- just spoke to the Arena...

The line can start at 9am at the earliest. No alcohol :ohmy:

There will be no wristbands- so we can't leave the line. Doors open at 6:30, then blah blah- we get the wristbands and they randomly scan tix.....

She said the rules just changed today about cameras- and absolutley none are allowed... :( so- no video/audio equipment either....

Damn :|

kimmywimmy said:
She said the rules just changed today about cameras- and absolutley none are allowed... :( so- no video/audio equipment either....

It doesn't mean no cameras. It just means you have to be creative about how you bring your camera in. (I always go for the camera tied to the calve under bootleg jeans)

No wristbands :scream: No alcohol :scream: No cameras :scream:

I can't believe they decided against wristbands. What time are people lining up? I'm probably going to try to get there between noon and one, depending on how early I can get on the road, but I'll need to leave at some point to check into my hotel, so hopefully the line will work the way that it usually does, where the people around you can hold your place if you're gone for just a little while. I'd even be willing to bring back coffee or hot chocolate for the people around me if I could find some.

I'm bringing my disposable camera and will hide it in my coat. I have faith someone will manage to sneak in the equipment to record it, too.

Three days :rockon:

Ok, so Vertigo is playing at D'Arcy's...pre show starts at 4pm and goes til...when?

Post party times?

Is it guest list only?

If not, cover charge?

Anyone know?

Okay - another update. I called to have the GA policy emailed to me but.... Mr. Pure-laziness would rather just mouth it off- and there is going to be a seperate line for fan club members- bring your card and (duh!) ticket..... they'll be seperating the lines in the afternoon....

Vertigo20 said:
Ok, so Vertigo is playing at D'Arcy's...pre show starts at 4pm and goes til...when?

Post party times?

Is it guest list only?

If not, cover charge?

Anyone know?

Ok well I'll get some calls in to get this figured out. Its not necessarily guestlist only. Basically if you buy a concert ticket through ETS you get the party. You can also just get a ticket to the party. I'm sure if you just show up they'll let you in for a certain cover.

If you go through the ETS site you can purchase tickets inorder to take the shuttle they have to and from the show and it includes food and drink specials.

Usually these shows start at 4pm and the band plays 2 sets one starting at around 4:15 and the other at around 5:30.

For the after concert party, I don't think they charged a cover, if they did it was like $5. The band will start just a few minutes after U2 stops playing and do about a 75 minute set.

more info visit the ETS website

B
VertigoU2band.com

Ok I just caught on that the ETS party is at D'Arcy's and Vertigo is playing- excellent. I am flying in from Duluth and driving from Cleveland so let's hope for good weather!!
THREE DAYS:dance:

How does the scanning for the circle work? Does the computer pick certain numbers that go past the check point or is it a process picked by the actual ticket scan code?
Hope that makes sense.

Im sure someone is going to contradict me...but after many discussions with various U2 tour staff, and watching the process work, I have come to the following conclusion:

Your ticket is either an ellipse ticket or its not, and it either was or was not since the day you bought it.

There is nothing you can do in terms of how you line up, whether you put a few people in front of you, nothing, to change whether or not you get a scan, it's precoded into your ticket already.

Of course, where you are in the line if and when you do scan will certainly make a difference as to where you end up in terms of position inside or outside the ellipse. And of course if you show up late after they stop scanning, well then you'll never know whether or not you should have been in the ellipse..

gabrielvox said:
Your ticket is either an ellipse ticket or its not, and it either was or was not since the day you bought it.

There is nothing you can do in terms of how you line up, whether you put a few people in front of you, nothing, to change whether or not you get a scan, it's precoded into your ticket already.

Then why does it seem that everyone I know who is close to OR first in line with or without a group of other fans, gets into the ellipse?? :yes:

kimmywimmy said:

Then why does it seem that everyone I know who is close to OR first in line with or without a group of other fans, gets into the ellipse?? :yes:

i know, it seems that way....but I have been to shows where maybe 1 person in the first 30 scanned - Im serious!

And conversely shows where practically everyone in the first 30 either scanned or their partner did (therefore more like 1 in 2 scanned rather than 1 in 8)

It all depends on where in the queue you were when your ticket was purchased....which also explains how two people one after the other can both scan, because both of their tickets probably came from completely different parts of the ticket pool....

:shrug:

This will be my third GA, and I'm really hoping for a chance in the ellipse, since it's my last show. I had such incredible luck finally getting GA's this week that I'm wondering if it really is meant to be. I'm planning on arriving in the early afternoon, so hopefully I'll get a good spot either way. If I don't freeze first! At least the weather looks relatively good (considering it's Buffalo in December).

kimmywimmy said:
Okay- just spoke to the Arena...

HA...the rules "just changed" at every venue regarding cameras...bring them or you'll be pissed off when you see 1000's of others taking pictures.

Looks like the forecast has changed, and they're calling for snow on Friday. Does anyone who lives in the area have a more detailed forecast? I'm a little nervous about driving... :huh:

well, its not supposed to be to awful out.... but its supposed to be in the teens.... ugh! :ohmy:

It's super windy down by the arena too.... so dress warm!! :wink:

and the forecast DOES say 100% chance of snow... ick. :(

Hopefully someone in the know can help...

Is there a mall, movie theatre or Target near the HSBC Arena? My cousin may drive down with me but she's not going to the show and wanted to pass the time somewhere close by so she doesn't get lost...

Back
Top Bottom