Dec. 9, HSBC Arena in Buffalo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buffalo gathering?

Buffalo is only, I mean finally, 5 weeks away. Anyone have a party spot before or after the concert? We are staying at the Comfort Inn Suites on Main st. There are plenty of bars up there on Chippewa for after the show.

Who is having a few for a gathering before?

What time are you lining up?

I'm hoping to line up about 3 or 4 depending on the weather. Buffalo winters can be awfully, awfully cold. (im probably going to buy a winter jacket at goodwill and trash it before the show) I was thinkin about tailgating before the show, but again, thats all dependent on the weather. As for after the show, chippewa is the place to be. Feel free to drop me an email at spe7710@cup.edu if you're interested in setting something up. Cheers!

I am comming down from the Roc and should be getting to the arena around 11. This is gonna be 4 of 4 for me for the tour so I am really excited for this one. I think we should definetely get something together for an after party.

Andrew

MaverickAK73@aol.com

For the Elevation show we lined up at 10:00am. I don't see any need for that this time because the scanning process for the bomb shelter. We did start a party around 4 pm when someone located a store nearby that sold beer. We also ran across the street to the Pearl Street pub and around the corner to the Cobblestone pub.

But just think what it'll be like if a lake effect storm arrives!

I am still looking into a bar to party in after the show up on Chippewa.

I've got nosebleeds as of now, but I'm determined to find GAs, especially since this is my last show for the tour. 4 for 4 for me, too, Andrew, and the first U2 show I've ever been to not in Philadelphia. I'm driving up from my town that day and will probably head right to the arena and line up when I get into town. I'm going with my friend and her husband, so if nothing else, maybe we can take shifts standing in line. I'm willing to freeze my ass off for a spot on the rail, especially since the lottery hasn't had any love for me this year. Edge is always on fire anyway--I'll thaw by a few songs into the set

Dec. 9 is also the last day of our semester here. People keep walking around saying, "God, is it Dec. 9 yet?" and I wonder why everyone is so excited for me to see U2 :shifty:

I just got word that if I can come up with $200 quick I can buy a pair of tickets off a friend's brother. Row 20, on a corner! I'm very excited now! I thought I'd never get tix!!!

And just a nod of acknowledgement to TheBrush, I too will be taking a teacher certification exam the next day! But I fully intend to party it up on Chippewa after the show!:wink:

Sorry, I'm just leaving the house so I can't read to see if it's been asked. Is anyone going to the Buffalo show from the Toronto area? I might be able to get one but it would make me feel much better travelling with a fellow interferencer.

Merci!

I heard rumors that they will be handing out tickets to people who show early for the GA line based on your arrival time so people can come back at 5. This would make sense considering it will probably be a frozen tundra outside the HSBC arena come Dec 9th. Any one else have any news. This would really make my day as I could avoid several hours of cold and in exchange do some pre-concert celebrating down the road :wink:

gabrielvox said:
okok so whats the deal for after the concert?

Where do we party??

We have a whole strip of bars, Chippewa St., open til 4am..... Any kind of bar you could think of- lots of choices!!

I thought there was something being set up with your band playing somewhere afterwards? No....

What are some of the names of the bars? I want to see if they have anything entertainment listed. Do you have a few recomendations?

Does anybody know where the ETS party will be? I am driving with a friend over from Cleveland in the afternoon so I will not be able to brave the GA line- guess I will have to hope hope hope for the ellipse!

I just emailed the arena to ask if they're going to be giving wristbands or something like that to GA people who come in the morning. If I don't hear from them by Monday, I'll call. I still haven't gotten my GA from ETS because I'm not brave enough to stand outside all day, but I'll definitely go for it if we only have to wait outside for an hour or so.

I can't wait for next week. Am I crazy to hope for Bad?

heinz said:
What are some of the names of the bars? I want to see if they have anything entertainment listed. Do you have a few recomendations?

All I heard so far is a U2 tribute band, Vertigo, is playing down the street from the HSBC Arena at Pearl St. Grill and Brewery at 10:30pm.

And Yes! They make their own beer so you should be able to smell it on your walk to the arena!! Easy to spot. :happy:

I called HSBC yesterday. They don't have any details on line up, admission or any policy untill 2 days before the concert.

Hey Kim

I was trying to line something like that up for OCTOBER but ran out of time when I had to take off to Florida..

Far as I know....the Vertigo show is actually the ETS party...so Im not sure what the price/deal is....maybe I should email Greg...

:hmm:

EDIT

Ok I dont know what the Pearl St thing is you got Kimmy....but here is what is on Vertigo's website (which actually coincides with what my ETS guys tell me so I guess its true LOL)

ETS Nite Out - Vertigo Pre-Party
D'Arcy McGee's
Date: December 9, 2005
Time : 4:00 PM
Address: 257 Franklin
Buffalo, NY 14202

Doesnt mention a post-concert show though...and in my experience, especially given that there is a show in Cleveland the next day, the ETS people wont be staging an after party, they'll be turning in early to get the tour bus on the road first thing in the am, (they might actually just go straight on the bus right after the show)

if there is a after party maybe Vertigo worked it out with D'Arcy's....we've found that alot of the downtown clubs that normally have DJs on the weekend didn't end up wanting the band to play too long because even though some U2 fans would show up after the concert, there was already alot of their regulars enjoying the DJ....all this is speculation about D'Arcy's though...:shrug:

I think, though, that D'Arcy's is in the same strip as all these other happening spots, if Im not mistaken. Maybe we can go there, and if nothing's happening, we find something better? What do ya think??

Where the HELL is Kevin in this discussion anyways??? He's the man with the master plan!! :wink:

G

Last edited:
It's in the Entertainment listing of the Buffalo News.... that Vertigo is playing after the show at Pearl Street Grill. It's not on the strip of bars, although D'Arcy's is..... and there's a ton of places to party down on the strip.

I'll see if i can confirm the dealio with the post-party at Pear Street and get back to ya :wink:

Thanks for the information, heinz. My email to the arena bounced back, stating that the user does not exist. I love that I'm asking about GA policy when I don't even have the GA's yet! If all else fails, I'll be in nosebleeds, but at least I'll be there. It's definitely my last stop on the tour, so I'll be having a blast wherever I am. I'd definitely be up for meeting up after the show, too.

Ok I called the arena emailed the event director and spoke to the women who is in his place till he comes back on tuesday.

I also forwarded the GA policies from San jose involving wristbands to them. I scanned the sheet I saved since april and sent it over and urged them to contact the Fleetcenter or the HP pavilion to see how useful of a policy it is.

She emailed me back and said they are looking into it and had just spoken to the fleetcenter event manager...so I guess it's just aquestion of whether they like a good idea...or are committed to their own stupidity.

and I'd encourage everyone to call the arena and lobby for wristbands ( if they want wristbands of course)

Update RE: ETS party / Vertigo USA show

Vertigo USA is playing only one venue on Friday, it is D'Arcy McGees and they are doing the ETS pre and post U2 show parties.

I imagine Greg or someone at Vertigo can handle any further inquiries..

What does this mean for everyone....where will we go after the show?

Update RE: ETS party / Vertigo USA show

Vertigo USA is playing only one venue on Friday, it is D'Arcy McGees and they are doing the ETS pre and post U2 show parties.

I imagine Greg or someone at Vertigo can handle any further inquiries..

What does this mean for everyone....where will we go after the show?

Just called HSBC, the only info they have is that doors open up at 6 pm. She has no info on wristbands being handed out for outside line ups. Maybe tomorrow they will know something.

heinz said:
Just called HSBC, the only info they have is that doors open up at 6 pm. She has no info on wristbands being handed out for outside line ups. Maybe tomorrow they will know something.

I ahve a feeling they will make a decision either tomorrow or early wednesday regarding this. Once the event director comes back I hope they sit down and have a meeting

The woman in his place didn't seem too warm on the idea to begin wtih but I think she warmed up to it slowly. I neer stated convienience. I actually itemized where they would save money and time by doing this namely security, trash pick up, and liability as well as any headaches with ordering the line.

Also she did contact the event manager at teh fleet center ( at least she said she did) .....if they dont' do it this way...it's clear they aren't too bright...don't they understand wristbands save them money and are better for fans...who loses in this scenario?

Wristbands would make my life so much easier. In reality, I have too much schoolwork to be going away this week, but now that I've finally gotten GA's, there's no way I'm giving them up. It would be great to drive up to Buffalo Friday morning, get my wristband, check into my hotel, and spend a good chunk of the afternoon doing work.

Anyone know if the arena allows cameras? All arenas claim they don't, but I know some really enforce that rule and will confiscate cameras. I have a disposable handy, but I'd much rather bring my good camera with zoom if I can get it in.

gabrielvox said:
Hey Kim

I was trying to line something like that up for OCTOBER but ran out of time when I had to take off to Florida..

Far as I know....the Vertigo show is actually the ETS party...so Im not sure what the price/deal is....maybe I should email Greg...

:hmm:

EDIT

Ok I dont know what the Pearl St thing is you got Kimmy....but here is what is on Vertigo's website (which actually coincides with what my ETS guys tell me so I guess its true LOL)

ETS Nite Out - Vertigo Pre-Party
D'Arcy McGee's
Date: December 9, 2005
Time : 4:00 PM
Address: 257 Franklin
Buffalo, NY 14202

Doesnt mention a post-concert show though...and in my experience, especially given that there is a show in Cleveland the next day, the ETS people wont be staging an after party, they'll be turning in early to get the tour bus on the road first thing in the am, (they might actually just go straight on the bus right after the show)

if there is a after party maybe Vertigo worked it out with D'Arcy's....we've found that alot of the downtown clubs that normally have DJs on the weekend didn't end up wanting the band to play too long because even though some U2 fans would show up after the concert, there was already alot of their regulars enjoying the DJ....all this is speculation about D'Arcy's though...:shrug:

G

Ok I got a bit of information on the ETS show. From what I know its at D'Arcy's and I think they are going to open it up to the public for a cheaper price than what they have on their website. They did this for the show in Minneapolis that Vertigo played at. Vertigo is suppose to play before the concert and one hour after the concert.

Vertigo USA is NOT playing at the Pearl Brewery, I have no clue what that is about.

more info @ VertigoU2band.com

Back
Top Bottom