Dec. 19, Rose Garden in Portland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:
I made 500 signs today :)

Woohoo!!!

:rockon:

That's awesome, fah!!!

:applaud:

:up:

Thank you for doing that.

:bow:

Sign Count

Hallucination - 3502
Miroslava - 480
Bratty_cat - 250
Hotpepper - 200
Carek - 300
Miringeltje - 1100
U2fanatic4ever - 200
fah - 500

Total - 6532

GA
*Distributing signs in GA

Allidreamsoutloud
Bratty_Cat* - has signs
Corianderstem
I Move in Mysterious Ways - I read she is thinking about trading her GA for seats
Miroslava* - has signs
Romi
StarsforU2 and U2bonogirl
U2fanatic4ever - has signs
Lemon Grrrrrrl
Jellybelly
4U2Play
Catlady? (if she finds a GA ticket)

Seats
6620ross (Section 105)
Carek (Section 223) - Has signs
Fah (Section 308) - Has signs
Hallucination (Section 229) - Has signs
Hotpepper (Section 229) - Has signs
Martha (Section 221)
Sukha (Section 103) - Arrangements for delivery of signs made
Forty + sister (section 119) - maybe
Calluna (Section ?) - ?

Last edited:
fah said:
Thanks for the voice mail Miroslava :wave:

We are leaving at 7 am and hopefully arriving between 1 and 2 if the weather isn't too bad

~crosses fingers~

Be careful! Two words...golf shoes. Those seem to work well when trying to walk on ice.

Hi everybody...am absolutely gutted to report that instead of freezing my butt off in the GA line (where I should be, right now), I am in fact sitting in my office in Chicago. Had all my arrangements made to leave yesterday afternoon, would have arrived in Portland last evening to join once more the best fans in the world waiting to see the best band in the world, but got a call late Saturday about a client meeting this afternoon, here, that I absolutely could not miss. Received this news at the hair salon, immediately burst into hysterics; my stylist and his assistant thought someone in my immediate family must have had a tragic accident or something...they didn't quite understand when I explained what I was so upset about. :huh:

If only I had planned better (i.e., announced months ago that I was taking today and tomorrow as vacation days versus making a last-minute decision-Friday night-to go to this show), I would have been OK. :banghead: :banghead:

I am sending lots of love and warmth to all of you in GA, you're going to have an awesome experience tonight and I'll be there in spirit...everyone be careful and safe. Can't wait to hear about it when you all get back...

Catlady said:
Hi everybody...am absolutely gutted to report that instead of freezing my butt off in the GA line (where I should be, right now), I am in fact sitting in my office in Chicago. Had all my arrangements made to leave yesterday afternoon, would have arrived in Portland last evening to join once more the best fans in the world waiting to see the best band in the world, but got a call late Saturday about a client meeting this afternoon, here, that I absolutely could not miss. Received this news at the hair salon, immediately burst into hysterics; my stylist and his assistant thought someone in my immediate family must have had a tragic accident or something...they didn't quite understand when I explained what I was so upset about. :huh:

If only I had planned better (i.e., announced months ago that I was taking today and tomorrow as vacation days versus making a last-minute decision-Friday night-to go to this show), I would have been OK. :banghead: :banghead:

I am sending lots of love and warmth to all of you in GA, you're going to have an awesome experience tonight and I'll be there in spirit...everyone be careful and safe. Can't wait to hear about it when you all get back...

Heartbreaking, catlady, sooooooo sorry!!! I immediately got sick to my stomach reading this post. Perhaps Mexico calls for you.....

Good luck in Portland, everyone. I'm sure it'll be a great show and an emotional experience for band, crew and fans alike.

Well done on the "thank you" signs. It has probably been suggested elsewhere, but may I suggest a few signs in Irish?

"Go raibh maith agaibh!" is "thank you"

"Go raibh mile maith agaibh!" is "a thousand thank yous"

"Slan abhaile!" is "Have a safe journey home".

Just a suggestion...! Have a good one!

Good news. Depending on how close to the Columbia River Gorge you are, it will be 40 degrees and just rain tonight. The roads are much better this morning.

Catlady said:

Oh, Catlady, I am soooo sorry... lots of :hug: to you!!! My stomach dropped when I read this, I would have been hysterical too. Just look at me when we were leaving the Holiday Inn in Cleveland! :sad: :crazy: So needless to say, I know exactly where you are coming from...

Maybe Mexico or Hawaii are in the future for you!!! :hmm:

Michelle :hug:

Thanks you guys--it helps to know people who understand (unlike the hair salon people, who made no bones about the fact that they thought I was nuts after my breakdown in the chair on Saturday).

Mexico, Hawaii, hmmmmm :)

u2granny said:
Good news. Depending on how close to the Columbia River Gorge you are, it will be 40 degrees and just rain tonight. The roads are much better this morning.

Thanks u2granny!
Glad to hear this.

I have discovered the limit to my love for U2, and it is sitting in line in cold and rain all day. I got in line at 7:30, and the numbers were already up to 173. I bagged it at 9:00, because life's too short to sit in the cold rain all day. Ran into Miroslava as I was leaving, and she was close to bagging it as well.

I'll go back when the doors open and be thrilled with wherever I end up.

The drive from Seattle got a little hairy, but we made it. Then we ended up bagging on the @u2 party because we couldn't get a cab, I didn't want to drive in that weather anymore, and it was too cold to wait for the Max, when we didn't know when the next one would come.

Oh well. But the concert will be AMAZING! I'm going to enjoy being warm and dry the rest of the day. :wink:

stay safe & warm everyone in Portland. If you see this corianderstem, say hello to all and we send warm thoughts! :hug:

:wave:

The roads are finally clear. Hubby and I will be leaving around 330pm to the Rose Garden. We had planned to take Max if the roads were bad. Now we are going to park in the garage. Try and get something to eat and wait for the doors to open. The radio says there happens to be around 7 songs in the encore, so don't get to exit happy.
I am so looking forward to the concert. As of yesterday, I didn't know if the weather would keep us away and my Dad happening to be in the hospital. All is well this morning, I can breathe a sigh of relief now.
Stay Warm!

P.S. Saw U2 in Seattle, played Bad, hope they will have it in their setlist tonight.

Miringeltje said:
Hint for u2:

Next tour end the US leg some place warmer.

Hehe. They did end Elevation in a warmer place. Wonder why that didn't happen this year.

Anyway, everyone in Portland...have fun and stay warm! :wave:

Met up with Kevin and his friend at Red Lion before the concert. We managed to get rid of 300 signs before the concert and got more when we got there. I put them in all the cup holders and reminded people when to hold them up. It was so great. I was in section 105, first row behind the stage. It was a great place to be, we could see the crew and what was happening prior and during the concert. The curtains obscured our view, and I thought the sound a bit distorted, but all in all a great concert. I was a little disappointed I didn't get to hear my favorite "Bad", but I got to hear it in Seattle, so all is well.

It was a long night of standing, the crowd was great. I didn't see anyone sitting except during some of the slower songs, they really had the crowd rocking.

I heard the local radio say the entire concert will be on direct t.v., so I am waiting to see it, might even see myself.

Thanks to all, I now have new friends from far away places who I will keep in touch with.

Merry Christmas to all.

BTW, Kevin, if you read this, I hope you had a great concert and stay in touch, it was so nice meeting you both.

6620ross said:

I heard the local radio say the entire concert will be on direct t.v., so I am waiting to see it, might even see myself.

Really??? What station did you hear this on? :eek:

There will be many more pix in PLEBA, but in case anyone's interested, I got a photo of the Thank You signs. It's not wonderful, but you can get the idea of how grrrrreat an idea this was - and the boys seemed quite touched by the whole thing. I was lucky enough to get scanned into the ellipse, so here is the view from the 2nd row (keep in mind I am very short!):

345837%3A723232%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3A77956%3B3nu0mrj

Well, I guess my hearing failed. I called the radio station, they forgot to say it was the Chicago show. Boo Hoo.

Back
Top Bottom