Dec. 19, Rose Garden in Portland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be copying a lot more signs tomorrow since I will have to work late. Looks like we will have lots of them to pass around!

Again, I would think the best bet would be to just wait until we get inside and start working on passing them around before the opener... It can be done just like school hand outs. Grab a bunch, give to someone and have them pass them around... Giving them to people before hand will probably just result in people losing them, etc. etc. :hmm:

Miroslava - las felicitaciones en el baile! so exciting for you and, by proxy, for all of us here as well!

My last copy count was 200. I am hoping to double that by the weekend.

having read this thread I find myself really really wanting to go...much more than b4!! If someone can find a ga for Gabe can they get one for me!?!?! I have even been to ebay - extortionate though....

wow, this is such a great idea. have fun, guys! i can't wait to hear stories about the band's reactions as well as how it felt to be a part of it. =) make us proud ;]

Miroslava said:
I am going to be copying a lot more signs tomorrow since I will have to work late. Looks like we will have lots of them to pass around!

Again, I would think the best bet would be to just wait until we get inside and start working on passing them around before the opener... It can be done just like school hand outs. Grab a bunch, give to someone and have them pass them around... Giving them to people before hand will probably just result in people losing them, etc. etc. :hmm:

Miroslava do you know how many signs and how many people we have working on it? I have 2002 signs printed out. :laugh: I'm serious. 2002 signs and I can possibly make more Friday night if needed. I might be able to get about 3000 if I have time. For anyone who's interested and isn't shy about spending a few bucks you can pick up paper at Wal-Mart for real cheap. 2000 sheets cost $15 CDN so that's like $10 US. If you have access to a photocopy machine than you're set. It would only take 10 of us to fill the arena with signs.

As for handing them out once we're inside I was thinking maybe if I have so many(possibly 3000) that might be enough to almost fill the floor. I might want to hand them all out to the people in the GA line. Juts an idea. That or I might need help handing them all out.
Originally posted by Carek1230Good idea...and no paper airplanes! If I see anyone folding the signs or trashing them I might just go postal!

:laugh: Why not? I thought it would be way cool if after we've made our gesture durring the closing moments of One everyone made airplanes and had them ready for All Because of You. Imagine 20 000 paper planes being thrown all at once just as Bono does his wild scream and The Edge breaks into his solo durring ABOY. It'd be like a white out blizzard. It'd look insane.:laugh:

Last edited:
2002 :ohmy:

:faint:

That is AMAZING!!!

So hmmm I would venture to guess we have about 3000? :ohmy:

Let's start a count again. Actually let me get started on copying some more since I am here at the office alone :shifty:

Let's say

Hallucination 2000
Miroslava 250
Bratty_cat 200
Hotpepper 100
Carek 100
Anyone else? Don't have time to scroll back.

Also, I would think that we need to start finding people with seats in the sections NEAREST the stage or at least people with seats that can volunteer to go to those sections and pass out signs...

Maybe we can start a list like we had for the Cleveland thread to see who's where... For those with seats, section would be great :happy:

GA
Calluna
Corianderstem
I Move in Mysterious Ways
Miroslava
Romi
StarsforU2 and U2bonogirl
U2fanaticforever

Seats
Carek (Section 221)
Hallucination (Section 229)
Martha (Section 223)

Last edited:
Ack. My cell is in my car... I am leaving the office in about 15-20 mins. I'll call you then.

I'm in section 229, Row K. So my section won't even have signs:(

So yeah I'll try and get 3000 made by Friday but no promises. Don't forget everyone if you have access to a photocopy machine and you aren't affraid of spending $10-$15(roughly the cost of 2 two beers at the show) we could honestly fill that building with 9 more people dishing out 2000 copies. It would be epic and unforgettable if we could pull it off. Again you can get paper at Wal-Mart. 500 sheets for about $4.00. Now get out there and make those signs!!!!

Your section is going to have signs cause you'll be there! :happy:

I am not saying only those sections near the front should have them. But we shoudl denifinitely make an effort to ensure that those sections are given priority over the ones further back if we have no interferencers there :hug:

Thank you so much. This may just turn out grand :happy:

can you call me from work, I can give you my number on the board if you want

ummm, I need you to speak some Spanish for me (maybe for us):hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom