Dec. 12 -- New Charlotte Arena in Charlotte

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to be at the show. However, I don't know how early I'm going to be able to get there to line up because it'll be exam week. So, it depends on if I have an exam that day or not. Hope there's a good showing of interference peeps.

I definately plan on being there!! Dragging Mr. Blu & my best friend along with me! :lol:

My hope is to get there about 8am that morning.... whatta' you think? Will that be too late? Or will it depend on ticket sales, weather, etc etc? Soo many things to learn about getting the best GA spots! :crazy:

Re: ga

Kilikina778 said:
I wonder what the rules will be for Charlotte Arena for the GA line? You think they'll let us line up any earlier than 8 or 9 a.m.?

-Christine
According to the Vertigo 2005 GA Door Entrance Procedure (see this link http://www.interference.com/u2124713/index.html ), the earliest we're allowed to line up will be 9am.

Man, I hope it's not a cold day! :ohmy:

No ticket yet, but I'll be there for sure!!

I saw them in charlotte on the elevation tour and it was amazing!!! I was the second person in the arena and got the spot right in front of Bono... if I'd been an inch taller I could have touched his shoe!! Definitly a defining moment in my life. Anyway, Charlotte this time around is going to be great too!

oops, my bad

sorry, I accidentally hit the post tab instead of the reply tab on the charlotte thread...

Dec 12 Charlotte NC Who will be there?

Ive got a GA ticket and Ill be going by myself to Charlotte. Anyone else planning on going?

It should be nice at least, since it is a new Arena.

I'll be there with my girlfriend... me the big U2 fan, she's becoming one:wink: couple of GA spots. I'm going to have a sign... it's a long shot but it may work... I'm going to use the opportunity to try to get Bono to be our commencement speaker at our 2007 graduation from Queens here in Charlotte... I'll just be trying to get his attention with a sign... with some luck he'll notice:)

Me too!

I'll be there...in the GA line...with all my posters and probably eighty blankets since it's going to be frickin' COLD!

Who's gonna be in the GA line with me?!! :wink:

Have any of y'all decided on what hotel you're staying at? I can't make up my mind!

-Christine

Ill be hauling it down to charlotte from raleigh, after work. Ill probably take off a couple of hours early.

Won't be able to get in the GA line, but I figure back by the sound boards isn't bad, and if Im lucky ill get in the bomb shelter. Either way, there isn't a bad spot at a U2 concert :)

I'll be there... with my GA tickets!!!!! :drool: I even got a hotel room about a block away from the Arena so I can get in the GA line early Monday morning. "Excited" doesn't even BEGIN to cover it. :D Can't wait to meet some of you guys!!! :wave:

Hey, U2Dork,we're behind the stage, too. My 14 year old son's first rock n' roll concert. I am concerned he may not enjoy it as much behind the stage, but when I told him that was all I could get, but it was first row behind the stage, he was excited since he is a drummer -- "I can watch Larry play all night!"

got my room!

I got my hotel room a block away from the arena too! Hee hee! I sure hope it's safe to walk a bit around that area!

Is anyone else here getting themselves worked up into a frenzy waiting for this show???

Hooray!

-Christine

I guess I should be looking into getting a hotel for that night right about now...:der:

Does anyone have any recommendations for which website to use? Hotwire? Orbitz? Priceline?

:ohmy:

I just realized I posted in here on my old name all the way back in April when I thought I could go to this show.

Wish I could but I can't complain! :up:

Have fun folks! :wave:

I'm sure Japan and Australia will be much nicer than North Carolina in December.

I :heart: priceline. 4 star hotel a block away from the arena for under $70. :drool:

This is a longshot, I know, but does anybody have any pictures of the interior of the arena? I'm trying to get a feel for the layout. It would have been super great if the website had some sort of virtual seat finder or something like that. The closest thing they have is a animated tours of the terrace tables and royal boxes and those didn't really help.

me too!

Yeah, I wish I could get a look at the arena before I get there. I also kinda want to know how it is downtown in Charlotte. Is it safe to walk around? My hotel is a block away, but I don't know if it's dangerous or not.

Plus...in all honesty...we gotta figure out where to take food and bathroom breaks during the day. I mean, hey...we're going to be in that GA line for quite a while.

I got a big warm fuzzy jacket today because it will most likely be frickin' COLD.

Man, I am SO ready for this show! This is going to be the best Christmas present for me! No worries, no cares...just a trip across North Carolina with my best friend going to see the best band in the world. I love it.

Can't wait to meet everyone! See you guys there!

-Christine

I'm staying 3 blocks away... per my hotel's website info. It's the Hilton Garden Inn - anyone got any details on the place?

I can't WAIT to use my GA tickets!!! :hyper: I think I'm even turning Mr. Blu into a full-blown U2 fan. :yes: I overheard him tell his step-brother this evening that the MSG show last Monday was "the best concert" he thinks he's ever been too - thanks largely to the fans "being so into it"!!!

I am soooo proud!! :giggle:

Last edited:
hee hee

Not my man...he STILL doesn't like U2. But the only reason he doesn't like them is because of my undying love for them. In all honesty, he had three U2 albums before we started dating. So he's a closet fan, but he'll never admit it to me.

That's why I'm leaving him at home and I'm dragging my best friend along, who happens to be a MIGHTY BIG U2 fan herself, thanks to me. Hee hee! She's flying here all the way from Texas just so I'll have a U2 buddy with me.:wink: I don't have any North Carolina U2 friends yet...all of my old GA line buddies are back in Texas.

So I'm planning on being very chatty with everybody in the GA line...I hope you don't mind!

Let's see...it's two weeks from today, right? Sweet!

-Christine

holiday fun

By the way,

If you have GA tickets to Charlotte and you're planning on waiting in line the night before or anything...

Manheim Steamroller is booked to play Charlotte arena on Dec. 11.

So you'll have some nice Christmas music in the background as you wait.

Ha ha ha.

-Christine:laugh:

Think we'll get any special Christmas music??? What if we're extra special super good little kiddies? :hyper: Surely St. Nick could hook us up with some "Baby Please Come Home" or "Do They Know it's Christmas..."? :drool: :drool:

Getting one of those would ALMOST make up for the one Christmas wish of mine that I most certainly will not get -- Bono under my tree. :sad: :evil: :giggle:

Hello to all lucky enough to be going to Charlotte! I'm flying in from Tampa on Sunday and staying at the Omni, two blocks from the Arena. Looking forward to freezing my butt off with the other GAers. I hate to ask what the weather's supposed to be like... :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom