Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miroslava said:

Sam, you're not going anywhere between 5:30 and 6:00, believe me

That is major stress time

And thanks James

Miro! Do you mean in the PM? Man, I don't go anywhere after 5pm! haha.

I just wanted something indicating the meet-up place in the wee hours of Saturday morning so that I know where I'm going, since I really don't know Cleveland at all. But I'm sure I'll find you guys! Hell, I don't even know when I'm going to get there now... with all this snow that's supposed to get in our way. My husband and I might be the first ones there if we leave too early! I hope not though. haha. :D

To clarify my previous question, if you are a U2.com member without a fan club ticket (have an ETS), can you still get in the fan line?

One more hour of work and then I head to the airport (2 1/2 hour drive)- think happy thoughts about the weather in Cleveland tonight!!!

fair trade, you do know that you can take the train from the airport to downtown(aka the Q, Rock Hall, etc.) and you wouldn't have to rent a car. Where are you staying?

fair trade said:
To clarify my previous question, if you are a U2.com member without a fan club ticket (have an ETS), can you still get in the fan line?

One more hour of work and then I head to the airport (2 1/2 hour drive)- think happy thoughts about the weather in Cleveland tonight!!!

Yes, you can get in the U2.com line if you have your U2.com Membership info. printed off of the website, or if you have your keychain (I STILL haven't received mine!).

staylorz said:

Yes, you can get in the U2.com line if you have your U2.com Membership info. printed off of the website, or if you have your keychain (I STILL haven't received mine!).

you know, i didnt get mine either, and i emailed them so many times. and i emailed them near the end of september... and i got 2 replies back..and then i received 2 keychains in the mail the following week. lol
they owe me a million for every time they said they'd send me one.

its not that great anyway. lol you aren't missing much....

AndrewRnR said:
fair trade, you do know that you can take the train from the airport to downtown(aka the Q, Rock Hall, etc.) and you wouldn't have to rent a car. Where are you staying?

I am from Cleveland so I am staying in Medina with the family. Dependent on them for rides but my pops said he will take me anywhere whenever I want to go. If I decide to hangout in line all day, my sister (who has seats- Christmas gift from me and that is a biggie considering I am a social worker and she is a lawyer!! LOL) will come pick me up to go get my ETS ticket and collect all my warm weather gear.
Probably more inforamtion than you needed :lol: but I am hyper and needing to GET OUT OF WORK!!!

Yep no problem! Didn't want you dropping a pretty penny on renting a car when you wouldn't have needed one.

Last edited:
my friends and i are staying at the renaissance...and i hope they want to go down at 4 am with me...otherwise, screw 'em. ill go by myself. lol

really, if any of you want to hang out friday night, go to the hard rock cafe around 8.
really, you should go. lol :yes:

Its frappin' cold outside kids, and we're set to get hit with a nice winter storm tonight so drive safely and bring your mittens!!

I still don't know when we're showing up.... kudos to you crazies getting there at 4am. Mind the bums, they tend to sleep taking up the entire sidewalk! lol

Oh, and anyone who might have a radio with them in line: WBWC 88.3 is doing a U2 pre-show special starting at 6pm.. yeah, I know most of you hope to be going inside around then, but I though I'd let you know! :D

I thought earlier we would leave at 4:00pm tomorrow. With the oncoming snowfall, I'm guessing there won't be school tomorrow so I thought, ok, my son will be home and I'll cut out of work two hours early so we can leave at 2:00. I'm thinking now, ok, why not leave at noon?

This is sort of like a vacation, only better. A lot of the fun of a vacation is the anticipation.

Totally agree the fun is the anticipation!!!
OK- changed timecard and leaving work now. Going home to pack cold weather gear just in case the early morning line beckons. Everyone, travel safe and I hope to meet some of you there. If I do not wait in the line early, I will deliver hot coffee to go with those cookies!!!!
:applaud: :dancing: :applaud: :dancing:

BonoInAKilt said:

you know, i didnt get mine either, and i emailed them so many times. and i emailed them near the end of september... and i got 2 replies back..and then i received 2 keychains in the mail the following week. lol

Yeah, I've been waiting for that dumb key chain for almost a year now, after many emails. I don't even care about it anymore. haha. :wink:

Samantha

BonoInAKilt said:

that keychain is the best ice scraper i've ever had!
(and yes, I locked it up in my bank box with the tickets...):nerd:

enggirl said:

that keychain is the best ice scraper i've ever had!
(and yes, I locked it up in my bank box with the tickets...):nerd:

LOL! That's hilarious... hehe.

ok, I had that moment today when I swooned (honestly)...It popped into my head "Oh crap, I'm going to see U2 in two days and I have FLOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRR tickets! Oh S**T Oh S**T!!!"

And I can't stop talking a mile a minute. I think my peeps here at work are gonna smack me soon!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(ok, deeeeep breath)
chairs...check
sleeping bags...check
cookies...check

oh, and everyone, please take two breaths and be sure you don't forget your tickets! I am so freaked out that I am gonna forget mine in all of the other packing insanity! I had a friend who was halfway to a big rock festival in Baltimore when she realized she forgot the tickets 4 hours back home...um, didn't end well :|

Drive safely everyone who is leaving today/tonite. And I can't wait to hang with y'all!

I really commend all you brave souls for standing in line all day - major snow coming tonight through tomorrow so hopefully they will shovel it so you won't have to stand in a foot or two of snow - if I'm in the area, I'll bring hot chocolate - or possibly something stronger to keep you warm :wave:

I'm going to the show but I don't plan to show up until much much MUCH later - I just hate this weather :D

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Beth, so you know to call me as you make your approach to Cleveland, right? :hyper:

It's could also serve a good weapon. Throw it at someone's head as you would one of those chinese stars thingamajigs and see how much damage it causes...

Hmmm, not that I have ever fantasized about doing this to anyone while in line or anything :shifty:

Miroslava said:
It's could also serve a good weapon. Throw it at someone's head as you would one of those chinese stars thingamajigs and see how much damage it causes...

Hmmm, not that I have ever fantasized about doing this to anyone while in line or anything :shifty:

*makes mental note to stay on best behavior around Miroslava in line*

Well, on the good side for those that behave badly, I throw like a damn girl... :(

On the bad side for those that behave badly, I am a pretty decent kickboxer :happy:

Time for Lift Off...

Like landing a 7-4-7 onto your front lawn...easy!

Especially in this weather :)

Wish us luck!!

Have a great night everyone...see you in Hoth...I mean...Cleveland ;)

HELLO //

HELLO//

Miroslava said:
Well, on the good side for those that behave badly, I throw like a damn girl... :(

On the bad side for those that behave badly, I am a pretty decent kickboxer :happy:

Well, I can throw (a football) surprisingly well for a girl but I can't kick for s**t...so I got yer back Miroslava! Together we'll be Kill Bill: Dork Edition!

Well, I can throw (a football) surprisingly well for a girl but I can't kick for s**t...so I got yer back Miroslava! Together we'll be Kill Bill: Dork Edition!

Can anyone say loopy?

I think we're all starting to lose it a little.

Hmm. I'm tempted to just leave at 3:00 tomorrow, get there about ten at night, get some sleep. and then get in line at 4:00

macfesto said:
Time for Lift Off...

Like landing a 7-4-7 onto your front lawn...easy!

Especially in this weather :)

Wish us luck!!

Have a great night everyone...see you in Hoth...I mean...Cleveland ;)

HELLO //

HELLO//

You know what's funny is I actually get that joke, even though I'm nowhere near a SW fanatic. :lol:

Safe travels to you! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom