Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See I'm crazy... I won't pay above face value for a concert ticket(well maybe 10-20 bucks tops)! Lucky everyone has GAs... I'm from Detroit by going to school in Cleveland so when tickets went on sale I still wasn't sure what college I would be going to and therefore didn't buy tickets.

If anyone is coming into town and doesn't want to pay big parking prices you should park in a park and ride(really nice area) and take the train(3 bucks round trip) down to the arena... the train stops in a mall with an underground walkway to the arena. The trains run starting early, early in the morning.

Miroslava,

Please add me to the list. BTW, who the heck the thequeenofohiou? I'm currently there (as I type!) If you're the queen, I'm self-pronouncing myself the jester!

Shout out to Kris (my only other MAC alumnus that I know!

April, Kris, and Gabriel... have fun in the bomb shelter!

Erica and I'll be in section 213 behind the stage!

- Matt

JD in Wilmington is that drivable ? I am a little worried now :sad:

The picture you have under your handle ( avatar ) is hilarious.

I use to work in Wilmington at a pharmaceutical manufacturer it used to be called Medisorb Pharmaceuticals but now it is called Alkermes Pharmaceuticals it is behind the park in Wilmington.

I grew up in Jersey about fifteen minutes from NY City but moved to Hillsboro Ohio in 1985 now living in Dayton.

3 to 5 inches JD can you ski ? :nerd:

Vincent

If It Isn't U2 It Isn't Music

Hehe, our basketball team whooped Wilmington's this past Saturday :wink:

Hope everyone gets here safely

-Tim

The snow is supposed to end by Fri. morning. I expect I-71 will be clear by the time we leave for Cleveland at ~4:00 Fri. afternoon.

Alkermes is adding a couple of lines and have recently hired a lot of people. I've spent some time there this past year doing inspections on the building additions. The air park has expanded like crazy since DHL bought Airborne Express and moved their operation from Cincinnati up here.

Last edited:
JD thanks for the good news so I should be ok as well leaving Saturday morning .......

I mapquested Dayton Ohio to Gund Arena is that the best way to get there you think ? Just wondering .....:help:

Vincent

U2 Does Not Make Music They Create Masterpieces

SethVincent said:
Hello Hello I'm @ a place called Ohio

I recently joined interference

Thanks to Miroslava for her help

Saturday will be a seventeen year dream fulfilled

In 1987 at the age of 18 and in the Navy a female friend gave me a book to read called The Unforgettable Fire and I have loved U2 and only U2 ever since but I have never ever seen them L*I*V*E

I purchased one ETS GA Package and was able to buy two reserve seat tickets for my two teenage children ( Heather Nichole age 16 1/2 and Joseph Vincent age 14 1/2 )

We will be leaving Dayton Ohio Saturday morning at 8a.m.

I saw a few people on here from the Dayton , Cincinnati and Wilmington Ohio area and just wanted to let you all know that there is some talk of us getting snow on Thursday evening. I hope not alot but just thought I would let you know if you don't already.

Nice to see some U2 Fanatics like myself ......

Vincent

This is my first post

U2 Like Oxygen Only Better :bow:

Hi Fellow Daytonian! :wave:
I hadn't heard about the snow...first ice Sunday and now this...blech:madspit:
We'll be right ahead of you on the road by 7...
And I'm so excited for you that your first U2 experience will be up close & personal!
How stoked are your kids?

Eng

Hello to U2

Originally I was going to go alone even though I desperately wanted someone to share this experience with me. We have four children and all four love U2 but the two youngest Matthew Seth 11 and Sarah Beth 9 opted for $50 in cash rather than a ticket if I was able to find them each one. Long story short I asked on a U2 Yahoo Group about anyone having any extra tickets willing to sell them and a guy in London Ontario Canada sold me two at face value section 217 ( I know behind the stage but .... ) So the two oldest will be there while I will be somewhere on the floor. This will be their first concert ever and my first U2 concert.

They are very *excited* but nothing compared to me:lock:

This coming Friday I was going to buy three disposable cameras one for each of us anyone know if we are allowed to bring cameras inside ?:nerd:

We will be at The Harp as well at 4p.m. anyone know about the ETS Party/Dinner ?

Vincent

Cameras should not be a problem... :up:

So Seth, what did you decide for the line up? I am curious :D

SethVincent said:
This coming Friday I was going to buy three disposable cameras one for each of us anyone know if we are allowed to bring cameras inside ?:nerd:

We will be at The Harp as well at 4p.m. anyone know about the ETS Party/Dinner ?

Vincent

It seems that cameras have been allowed into every show, regardless of the "no cameras" policy printed on the tix. (I asked Miroslava about it earlier and she said that it's pretty much allowed). I had thought of bringing disposables, but instead will bring my regular digital. I figure if anyone gives me crap for it, they can just take the batteries and render it unusable...but I want to be able to take pics of the folks I've met here! Plus, with so many phones having cameras, confiscating cameras is sorta useless--and can you imagine the massive stink if they tried to take phones??!!

It was BALL-FREEZING cold in MI today so I stocked up on more handwarmers, bought mittens to put over my gloves. Intended to buy just a space blanket but the only ones Bass had left were in an emergency space heater kit so I shelled out 30 bucks for 2 blankets. Oh well, guess now I'll actually have something to kepe in my trunk in case of emergency.

Can't wait :hyper: I will have to be all packed by tomorrow too for my schedule on thursday and Friday....

It was 10 degrees here in Cleveland this morning(well at 10am.... the wind chill was muuuch lower)... it was painful.

Miroslava

I decided to take your advice

If I was alone it would be different

I should be in Cleveland by noon on Saturday so I figured I would hit Gund first just to see what is going on but I probably will not get in line at that time because as you know ETS Ticket holders like yourself have the dinner/party @ 4p.m.

I am just going to pay an extra $50.00 so both of my children can go to The Harp with me and have a good time and see that I am not half the fanatic as alot of other people are.:wave:

The work I do now is home safety inspector for Ohio's natural gas company called Vectren. I was outside today in short spurts for only about two hours I have no idea how you all will wait in line for close to twelve hours as cold as it will be. In my younger days I probably would do so but @ 36 well .......... :uhoh:

Vincent, I-71 all the way to Cleveland.

Your kids are going to freak! For as long as I live, I'll never forget the smile on my 16 yr old son's face 4-1/2 yrs ago when U2 hit the stage for his very first concert, and watching him bounce to I Will Follow.

36? Egads, I'm 50 and if it wasn't for the fact that my wife will be recovering from minor surgery, I'd be in line with everyone else. Afterall, it's U2!

if anyone is interested..
myself and my friends, and some U2 livejournalers are meeting up at the Hard Rock Cafe around 8pm on friday!
:)

JD

50 ? You look so young in your picture :hmm:

I have the ETS Dinner/Party @ 4p.m. I wouldn't feel right leaving the line and trying to get back where I was an hour or so later.

I-71 Then what JD just look for signs that say Gund Arena ? :confused:

Plus the bitter part about GA is you can wait in line for twelve hours and someone show up @ 5p.m. and they be scanned to enter the Ellipse and you not ....... I'm just hoping for a spot inside the arena even if I end up near the back of GA not inside the ellipse.

On the up side I will be alone so if I am scanned to go into the Ellipse I can take one other person with me correct ? If that were to happen anyone from interference is welcomed to be that other person.

Just a thought

Just wanted to say :wave: to everyone, I haven't had the chance to post and I wanted to join in the fun :wink:

Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday - I'll actually be getting into Cleveland about 3:00 am after the Buffalo show :crazy:

Only 3 days to go!!!!

:hyper: :dancing: :hyper: :dancing: :hyper:

BonoIsAGod said:
Just wanted to say :wave: to everyone, I haven't had the chance to post and I wanted to join in the fun :wink:

Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday - I'll actually be getting into Cleveland about 3:00 am after the Buffalo show :crazy:

Only 3 days to go!!!!

:hyper: :dancing: :hyper: :dancing: :hyper:

April and I will keep the tent warm for you :sexywink:

wannabe said:
Miroslava,

Please add me to the list. BTW, who the heck the thequeenofohiou? I'm currently there (as I type!) If you're the queen, I'm self-pronouncing myself the jester!

Shout out to Kris (my only other MAC alumnus that I know!

April, Kris, and Gabriel... have fun in the bomb shelter!

Erica and I'll be in section 213 behind the stage!

- Matt

MATT!!!!!!!!

Hey, how the hell are ya????

just got back from another supply run...

See everyone tomorrow at work hah

James//

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom