Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miroslava said:
You're driving back home after show? Wow! :ohmy: Not a suuuuuuuuper long drive, but not one I would want to be doing.

Hopefully we will all get a few naps here and there, though I have never been able to sleep during the daytime at a GA line... we'll see how the cold treats us :yikes:

Yeah, I know, I don't want to drive back after the show, but my husband and I are po' right now, since we're both back in school again. Blah... being po' sucks! :wink:

Sam

oh no problem!! It's my pleasure to share U2 with anyone who wants it ;) hehe

I cannot wait for this show!! make sure you find me and say hello // hello //

James//

I'd offer you a place to crash, but my original room with one king sized bed which I booked and paid for back in March or so is now housing 4 or 5 people :ohmy: Hopefully I can get it converted to a room with 2 double beds, but that hotel is now booked solid... Since we'll have a couple air mattresses and plenty of sleeping bags my crew and I should be ok... :lol:

I am even telling a couple people that are driving to bring their own towels! Hope we don't get kicked out of the Holiday Inn.

Guess we're going to have to be sneaky :macdevil:

Some can filter over into my room if they want...

We have a Jacuzzi in our room;) haha

before anyone asks why two men would have a room with a Jacuzzi, the hotel upgraded my room with my corporate discount ;) haha

oh yeah, and girls are another reason too hahhaa hahaahaha

James//

For some reason I didn't even think to book a room way back when (when I had money)... I guess I'm just used to driving back after the show, except for Boston and Toronto. We drove back after Chicago, but we had to stop at a rest area to get some sleep... not really fun. :wink:

macfesto said:
Some can filter over into my room if they want...

We have a Jacuzzi in our room;) haha

before anyone asks why two men would have a room with a Jacuzzi, the hotel upgraded my room with my corporate discount ;) haha

oh yeah, and girls are another reason too hahhaa hahaahaha

James//

Haha... I'm sure you can go down the line and recruit some women to join you after the show. The Jacuzzi reference will get 'em! :wink:

Ok, I need to study and get away from this damn computer!! Ahh!

Sam

hahhaha right on I'll leave some of my class here in Michigan...

hahahaha ;) damn good Idea though...

James//

I've heard that what happens in Cleveland stays in Cleveland...

I wouldn't know about that though, I am a perfect :angel:

ah...I'd join the movement, if there was one I could believe in...

I think I can believe in that...

Do you beLIEve in me?

haha

James//

OK so the Holiday is booked solid? Figured as much...I didn't even know I was going til yesterday :huh: .

So anway...Let me try and sort out what I'm hearing...someone just tell me if I'm close to right...

We CANNOT line up until 6 AM. So if I get to Cleveland at 5AM I'm good? (I'm from Indiana)

There's a parting lot across from the Q that we can park at?

James is sharing his hot tub with everyone (j/k):wink:

The Holiday Inn was booked solid as of a couple days ago, you may still want to check anyway.

We are being TOLD we cannot line up until 6:00 PM. Whether that will be enforced or not is another story. Out of my 13 GAs, only two venues (Detroit and Vegas for night 2 :madwife:) have enforced this rule. It is looking as if Cleveland is being serious though.

And yes, apparently there are pay parking lots nearby, but we have no confirmation as to whether they will be opened... There should at least be street parking though :D

Ok I hope so...I also hope that somehow someway I'm going to be able to just get out of the car and get in line, but I'm doubting it, since The lineup does sound strict.

I'm leaving at 10 Pm Fr. I should get to Cle. at either 4 or 5.

When I checked Orbitz and Cheaptickets they both had the Holiday Inn with vacancies...I'm just not going to be able to book a room until Fri... Maybe I can get an advance on my paycheck. :huh:

Well, there are several. My group and James and his Jacuzzi are staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Euclid street. Not sure if that is the same one you're talking about.

Street parking could be a b*tch since its winter season there's usually an overnight street parking ban, I'm not sure what time in AM that ends, but I can check.

Just an FYI: not sure if it was posted: Tower City opens at 10am. There's a Dunkin Doughnuts, Panera, a bagel place, a Caribou Coffee and other fun food stuffs as well as shopping. Being that downtown tends to be dead on weekends, I'm not sure what else will be open any earlier than that, so bring breakfast and coffee if you so desire! :)

I'm talking about the Holiday Inn that's supposedly right next to the Arena...not the Express.

I just checked Orbitz again, and they are saying it still has rooms.

And I just checked out the Express (yours is .4 miles closer to the arena than mine) it's booked :wink:

Last edited:
Good point about the street parking... oh well, worst case scenario as I said, is drop things off quickly on the curb along with someone from the group and return the car to the hotel...

Thanks for the info atomicpink :)

And not sure when the roll over was bono_212, but either at 30 or 35 posts? I should probably know this :reject:

Well thanks for all your help...I'm at school and my free period's over so I'll talk to you guys later.

Can anyone recommend from personal experience a good seafood restaurant in the downtown area? About 6 years ago at Hogates in DC my son and I started a tradition of sampling clam chowder in various cities. So far, the best we've had has been at Smokey's in Madison, WI. Man I hate to see him grow up...in a way.

Last edited:
There's Fat Fish Blue.. its an easy walk from The Q.. They're a cajun style restaurant, so I'm not sure if they have Clam Chowder, but I think they have a website.. Its a fun little restaurant.

There's also Blue Point Grille, which is also close (not in walking distance) but more on the pricey side of life, but is reasonable if you're just doing lunch.

hey, could everyone act a little more excited about this U2 concert?

I think we need to be more enthusiastic...

James//

hahha

just wondered, if anyone who is getting in on friday, is going to be doing anything, at all...
if anyone would want to meet up on friday night, maybe?
my friend and i got a room at the renaissance. and my friends from around cincy are driving up friday and staying with us.
so i'd just thought i'd see if anything was going on friday night.

im so excited for saturday!!! :hyper:

You'll find me meditating in my room...silently preparing for the show...

James Talbot doesn't sleep...he waits ;) hahahahahhahahaha

James//

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom