Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think Im spending the night in line (but I said that before Pittsburgh too and ended up doing it) Maybe in the wee hours of the morning. Im gonna come banging on tents to find out who is giving out the numbers.

BEVERLY56 said:
Dont think Im spending the night in line (but I said that before Pittsburgh too and ended up doing it) Maybe in the wee hours of the morning. Im gonna come banging on tents to find out who is giving out the numbers.

You know which one is mine, so don't bang on that one. I do not respond well to getting woken up. :madwife:

Got woken up for Detroit 1 by a ringing cell phone :madwife:

Got woken up in Pittsburgh by scaaaaaaary yelling :yikes:

Atlanta was interesting. The Jock and Jills or whatever restaurant had Rap/R&B blasting the entire night even though the place was closed. As soon as morning came, they stopped it. :lol:

I dont think they wanted us there. I managed to sleep through that though.

'cause April can't follow simple instructions :tsk:

enggirl
beverly 56
April (LMPA)
Miroslava
Michelle (BonoIsAGod)
Catlady
Scarletwine
Bonoinakilt
jd45177
fair trade
Party Girl Man
macfesto
PartyGirl43

That might explain why you and I can't ever successfully high five or bump fists!

:specialedbumpingfists:

Last edited:
BEVERLY56 said:
1:00 PM - You'll probably be a pretty far back in the line by then!

Yeah...I know. That's why I'm thinking about maybe coming earlier...
but, the weather might keep lots of people away, too!
I have read about people getting line numbers under #200 even tho they got there around noonish...and it wasn't cold at those shows!
I'm of two minds:
1. be a "grown-up" and not get caught up in the insanity...
2. say screw it and have fun and freeze to death and party with the peeps in line

Um, thinking that second mind is going to win...:)

BEVERLY56 said:
I NOTICED. I claim the scary yelling as my own. "BATHROOM ANNOUNCEMENT!"

No, it wasn't that one :lol:

I did hear that one and went right back to sleep.

Party Girl Man said:
you crazy (or maybe you prefer the term "dedicated") overnighters have my respect! :bow:

I always thought they were insane (and still do even though I am one of them )

Hey Everyone (everyone)....

I JUST called the "Q" formally the Gund and this is the info I got from the friendly customer service rep. She said they were just going into a meeting reguarding the GA line-up, and to call back in a few days because she would have better info for me.

I also asked if the have a coat check...alas they do not :(.

So hopefully we'll have more info in the next few days.

That is all......

PartyGirl43

Chicago 5/9
Cleveland 12/10

Hopefully they hand out wristbands like they did for Bruce and we'll have a couple of hours to kill (eat, change, warm-up). We and to be back in line and they checked every wristband. ther was no cutting and it was so nice.

Scarletwine said:
Hopefully they hand out wristbands like they did for Bruce and we'll have a couple of hours to kill (eat, change, warm-up). We and to be back in line and they checked every wristband. ther was no cutting and it was so nice.

Wrist bands :drool:

The last time they played here, my husband and I got to the Gund pretty late ( he just isn't as into U2 as I am and didn't think waiting in line all day was a good idea ), but the GA line wasn't that long yet,and we still got great "seats" right at the tip of the heart. It sounds like this time it will be different.What time are you guys planning on getting in line?

I sent an e-mail to The "Q" last week asking if they had a GA line procedure yet and I attached the procedure from Fleetcenter in Boston as an example.

jd45177 said:
I sent an e-mail to The "Q" last week asking if they had a GA line procedure yet and I attached the procedure from Fleetcenter in Boston as an example.

:love:

Nice one!

jd45177 said:

Yeah, Boston definately had the best line procedure. I hope Cleveland decides to do that!!

I'm still freaking out about how cold it's going to be and if I actually want to be out there for so long! Ack! But I don't think I could stand to be far away (if I get there in the afternoon) after being so up close for all the other shows I've been too.

:dancing: Dancing for good weather!!

Samantha

fair trade said:
I am flying in from Duluth, MN for the show and hoping my northern Minnesota living will have me toughened up for the GA line! We are already bottoming out at zero degrees here.

Duluth, huh? that's where U2 are from :wink: I just got back from Clear Lake, MN myself. I don't live in Minnesota but I've got family there and visit often, so I'm hoping the Viking blood in me (both kinds - I'm Scandanavian :wink: ) will help me tough out the cold. I'm not too worried about it, really. I rather like the cold. I doubt I'll "rather like" 0 degree weather for ten or however many hours, but I'll live. Maybe Bono will come keep me warm :love:

enggirl
beverly 56
April (LMPA)
Miroslava
Michelle (BonoIsAGod)
Catlady
Scarletwine
Bonoinakilt
jd45177
fair trade
Party Girl Man
macfesto