All Vertigo Eve Postings Here, Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
spinninghead77 said:
The lottery would be at 4pm the day of the concert. No the day before.

It will encourage people not to line up until a few hours before the lottery.

Ok, I see. My next question is the lottery begins at 4 and the show begins at 7. How does this encourage people to stop lining up earlier than 9am to get a good lottery position? Maybe I don't understand how the lottery works?

JOn

Last edited:
The lottery is random. People in line will be given wristbands with numbers on them in order that we arrive.

At 4pm when the lottery is done they will draw a number. the number will coincide with a number on someones wristband. This person becomes the first person in line. Everyone lines up behind them in the same order. Let me give you an example.

There are 6 people in line. There wristbands are in order

Number 4 is drawn.

The order is now:

This would discourage people from lining up crazy early and sleeping out because there is no point. It doesn't get you a better spot in the show.

Also, noone will be seperated from their friends/spouse/kids since the lineup is still in order.

looking forward to seeing you there. you can click on my gallery for pics so you can recognize me...come say hello :)

Thanks. I understand better now. What ahppens if your friend/spouse/kid gets #3 and you get #4 and then the number 4 is drawn? Then are they not separated?

4 you
3 friend/spouse/kids

So it's really just luck of the draw, then?

Jon

Last edited:
From what I`ve read, you and your group of concert-going buddies/family would all have the same number, thus ensuring you all go together.

However - I just read in the General Discussion area that someone was told by the venue that there are no plans for a lottery.

Klink said:
Thanks. I understand better now. What ahppens if your friend/spouse/kid gets #3 and you get #4 and then the number 4 is drawn? Then are they not separated?

4 you
3 friend/spouse/kids

So it's really just luck of the draw, then?

Jon

yes, but if the venue doesn't allow you to join them at the front then they could simply join you at the back.

Any Friends of Bill W. Going to San Diego?

FYI - There is a roundup at the Manchester Grand Hyatt March 24-27

Hi there, yes I am a biig fan of Bill W. and Dr. Bob. I am not going to San Diego though. I am here in Los Angeles and I am hitting the Wednesday show on April 6th. They will be having a dress rehearsal show on March 26th at the L.A. Sports Arena on March 26th.

Ahhh all this craziness! I'll be part of the group trying to get their early and I will have a marker or 2 with me. I do this for 2 reasons... 1. I'm making a Documentary and I want to get the whole scene on tape... 2. I'm a u2 fan and I want to be in the "egg."

ladywithspinninghead said:
So someone posted on Wire that that regardless of the line-up permitted to start at 9am, the SD venue will be instituting a lottery at 4pm. Why people will line up if there`s a lottery is beyond me.

If someone is ringing the venue back, could you please get clarification regarding this? Thanks!

there is NO LOTTERY SYSTEM... I spoke with the event manager at the arena and she specifically told me that there wasn't going to be one. THIS POST ON WIRE IS RUMOR AND NOT TRUTH! :huh: I heard it from the horses mouth so to speak. She will be the one telling Staff Pro what to do and her staff. If this were true she would of told me.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

there is NO LOTTERY SYSTEM... I spoke with the event manager at the arena and she specifically told me that there wasn't going to be one. THIS POST ON WIRE IS RUMOR AND NOT TRUTH! :huh: I heard it from the horses mouth so to speak. She will be the one telling Staff Pro what to do and her staff. If this were true she would of told me.

Just shows to go ya that you shouldn't believe everything you read!

U2Fanatic, thanks for helping straighten it out. I hope GA works out for everyone--it's hard to avoid kinks in the system, but I'd like to be optimistic and think that fans aren't going to try to cut in line or look for unfair advantage.

On another note, I emailed Sherry (one of the organizers of Vertigo's Eve) and she reports there are not tickets available, and if you don't have one it would be pointless to come to the door and see if they have spares--she asked that I post that info here.

What is it now, 9 days!!! :crazy: Sleepless nights ahead!

cool - wish I could hit the LA shows too but I will be at the San Diego opener and then of course back home for the AZ shows.

I think we should exchange this weekend! Next weekend people will be travelling! YAY! IT IS ALMOST HERE!

If anyone knows anyone who is lucky enough to get in to the 3/26 Dress Rehearsal in LA, WE NEED INFO!
We are counting on a report!
~Karen

hey karen it was great meeting you yesterday!! The Joshua Tree was great, makes me even more crazy about 3/28. Hopefully I will see you at one of the shows. :happy:

skjuls said:
when are you going to exchange numbers!!!!?????

it's getting close. woo hoo

sorry I haven't been posting a lot.
Boy problems!

I was wondering about you!!! We missed ya girl!!! :hug:

I say we should exchange phone numbers beginning of next week. What do ya all think???:wink:

OK RETRACK THAT STATEMENT..I agree with karen, let's exchange numbers this weekend. Maybe we should all repost our email addreses and then exchange phone numbers via email instead of this thread cuz we don't want any lurkers, wackos calling us do we???

Last edited:
hi everyone :wave: i'm leaving for Dallas a week from yesterday!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Let's definitely not exchange on this thread :yikes: Let's post emails and do it that way...you can see my pics in my gallery, so you can recognize me. If they don't open for some reason I'll attach one in my mail. Can't wait to meet all of you!

p.s. did someone already win the KFOG tickets for the dress rehearsal?

ruffian said:
hi everyone :wave: i'm leaving for Dallas a week from yesterday!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Let's definitely not exchange on this thread :yikes: Let's post emails and do it that way...you can see my pics in my gallery, so you can recognize me. If they don't open for some reason I'll attach one in my mail. Can't wait to meet all of you!

ruffian, you look way too young to be a college professor :bow: :)

I'm going to try to get a new cell phone this weekend (I've been needing to get one for a long time and this is the perfect excuse). I agree, e-mail would be a better way of exchanging numbers :yes:

:hug: thanks Kelly...I feel old on the inside. My email: ruffian@u2email.com.

should we all plan to meet before Vertigo's Eve, maybe for dinner? My flight arrives at 1:00, so I should be checking in by 2:00 or so...and if anyone else arrives around 1:00pm, I'd be happy to share a cab.

Check this out y'all!!!

OK... A lot of you know that we are doing an African Well Fund fundraiser show at The Hard Rock Cafe Sand Diego on March 27... the day before the Vertigo Tour starts! The show has been sold out since the day after it was announced... so thank you to everyone who bought tickets and are supporting this great cause!

IT IS TIME TO LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG!

The Joshua Tree is pleased to announce that we will be working with 91X radio in San Diego for a remote broadcast/ JT shows on Monday March 28th.

We will be outside the San Diego Sports arena from 3PM til around 8PM performing on the back of a flatbed truck with the afternoon crew from 91X . If you are going to opening night, make sure to come early to party with The Joshua Tree and 91X.

Also check out web site for upcoming April shows in San Jose and Santa Monica.

Hope to you see you!

Chedge
The Joshua Tree
www.u2jt.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom