9 December 2006, Aloha Stadium Honolulu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HERE'S AN IDEA FOR GAers..... GO IN ON A MOTORHOME TO PARK AT THE STADIUM! ALL THE COMFORTS OF A HOTEL ROOM...BATHROOM, BEDS, SHOWER, FOOD/KITCHEN....SHELTER....SPLIT HOW MANY WAYS?!!!

Enjoy the comforts of a traveling hotel room with a private CHAUFFEURED MOTOR HOME TOUR. Explore Oahu and have a access to a clean rest room and shower, food to snack on, and a comfortable couch and seats to relax in as you enjoy the beautiful views out the huge windows. Tours are catered to how you wish to experience the island. The tour descriptions are just an outline of what your day could be like. Call Hawaii Motor Home Tours & Charters at 1 800 955-6961 for more information.

OK IT' S JUST AN IDEA. :|

Yeah I've been up all night surfing the net. Sorry for the multiple posts....came across another cool and quite informative website I thought I would share. Of course, remove all the spaces.

www. aloha friends. com

Note: the going rate for luaus is $90+ per adult, so if anyone is considering a luau, that special ETS advertised at $49 is probably a great deal, hoping that includes island entertainment and the authentic luau foods. I hope it's not just a BBQ/party event with a band they are only calling a luau. :wink:

Carek1230 said:
Hang in there Laura, something will come up for you. As for me we have 3 people already and there will probably be a 4th, she is just waiting for another month....but keep in touch in here. :wink:

Thanks Carek.... I just don't think I can afford a room by myself. Plus it's more fun to share!

But, I should relax a little. I AM going to Hawai'i

hula.gif

Carek1230 said:

Note: the going rate for luaus is $90+ per adult, so if anyone is considering a luau, that special ETS advertised at $49 is probably a great deal, hoping that includes island entertainment and the authentic luau foods. I hope it's not just a BBQ/party event with a band they are only calling a luau. :wink:

Hmm... I'm not so sure about that. They are referring to it as a "U2 tribute luau." Don't know what that means exactly, but has the potential to be very non-authentic. :|

Carek1230 said:

love the cute little hula smilie btw

Thanks... I stole it from a Hawaii message board. :uhoh: You are welcome to use it, though.

^Yea I wondered about that luau. I think it means a get together BBQ with a tribute band. :yuck: I want to go to Hawaii to see U2, it will be a different show of course, but if I am going to go to a luau in Hawaii I want the traditional luau experience. I think $90 is worth it.

hey everyone -

a few of us are looking to stay at a hotel or rent a house in hawaii. we're looking for other fans to split some costs with us, so if you're interested send me an email: joeperry924@aol.com

My girlfriend and I just booked our trip to Hawaii, very affordable trips on Travelocity, 3 star Sheraton in Waikiki (3 nights) plus 2 RT air from LAX - only $1200 total.
If anyone has 2 GA's available, give me a holla! Can't wait.

Carek1230 said:
Have you tried TM? There have been more seats and GA's released, so keep checking. :wink:

Someone on this board (I think) was kind enough to sell me extra GA's last week, so I'm set. Thanks though.

We are at the Best Western Honolulu which is 1/2 mile from the airport and 4 miles from the stadium. Don't know if this is the closest place, but Kelly did some research and came up with this one so I trust it. We are not renting a car, so will take the bus to the show and cab it into Waikiki, we are only there the 7th to 11th. :wink:

For the Hawaii gig, are they going to do the scan to get in to the elipse or is it going to be first come first serve basis??
Anyone knows about this?

:shrug: No idea. I spoke to the stadium office and ticket office today and that was one of my questions. No one I spoke with had an answer to that. They were very nice, they said to call back about a week before the concert.

U2 has to work with UH

don' know if you have seen this yet. It was in the newsappear.

U2 may have to work with UH

March 14, 2006

Source: Honolulu Advertiser

Derek Paiva

The final 10 shows of U2's Vertigo tour will be rescheduled for November, vocalist Bono told Australian television yesterday. But a fall date for Honolulu will have to accommodate football at Aloha Stadium.

According to U2's Web site, u2.com, the band hopes to make an official announcement on specific dates soon.

The Vertigo tour's final shows, including an Aloha Stadium date on April 8, were postponed last week when an immediate family member of someone in the band fell ill. Honolulu fans were advised to hold onto their tickets and wait for a new date.

Bono commented about rescheduling the postponed shows on Australian Broadcasting Corpo's "Enough Rope" TV show, saying that he didn't want to leave the country without confirming the band's intention to make up the shows.

"I can't really get into details why," Bono said, regarding the family illness that postponed the dates. "The good news is I think I can announce tonight we are coming back. Looks like November, and that's a great relief to me."

Bono did not say which U2 member's immediate family member was ill but said, "Our music does come out of (a) very tight community. So if one of us is going through it, we're all going through it."

Last week's postponement affected U2 shows in New Zealand, Australia, Japan and Hawai'i.

Aloha Stadium Authority spokesman Patrick Leonard said he had not yet heard from the band's management about rescheduling the Honolulu show or specific dates that could be in play.

"But we'd have to know what date they were looking at, because almost every weekend in November has UH football," Leonard said.

University of Hawai'i football home games are scheduled for the stadium on Nov. 11, 18, 25 and Dec. 2. After that, stadium dates are available until the Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl on Christmas Eve.

A U2 concert on a UH football home game week in November would have to be scheduled to allow time for concert stage setup and breakdown between the Warriors' Saturday games.

The stage and seating layout would also have to be modified to accommodate the stadium's football configuration instead of the baseball configuration originally set for an April 8 concert.

The configuration change would affect vantage points for some fans holding reserved seats, Leonard said, and would create a narrower field that would alter the space for fans holding general admission tickets.

(c) Honolulu Advertise, 2006.

there is another Hawaii thread floating around too. I'll be using the fold out couch for free at wherever my friend booked his room :happy:

GA- sections??? Wristband give-outs?

Wondering what it means to see GA--general admission printed on the ticket, but with the GA-25, or GA-3...are there special sections of GA, even though I assume, as always, it is first-come, first serve? I've never seen this. Personally, my tix I obtained says, GA9 for the section, and then GA2 for row. I'm confused and nobody I know seems to know the answer. Just wondering if anybody knows what this is. Also, would there be a chance similar to that in San Jose, where they gave out wristbands to attendees in the a.m. of Dec. 9th, and you were off on your merry way and then line up later? Of course, this is DREAMING BIG!!!!

Thanks in 'vance!

Melo
:wink:

Teens with GA TICKETS

heyy
any teens have GA tickets?
//and want to hang out??
im camping out btw

~~the edge girl

Back
Top Bottom