7 November 2006 Brisbane QSAC Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it says at the end "ticket packages avaialble"
So how much are they gonna sting us ?

I'll find out today!

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I know of some fans who are planning a great fan action at the Brisbane concert. They are looking for support.

Take a look:

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/brisbane_one_u2/

'WANTED!' Fans attending the Brisbane concert!!!

We need fans who will be attending the 'Brisbane' concert to hand out 'ONE' and 'MPH', campaign flyers. If you didn't know... MPH is the official Australia campaign name for the 'ONE' campaign in Australia, 'MPH' are the initials for 'Make Poverty History'.

To participate it's easy... the flyers are already printed and ready to be posted off to you in packets. You will also have to option tow download the flyers and print/copy yourself :)

All we ask is that once you arrive at the concert, to please pass the flyers out in the section where you will be sitting or standing. In doing this, the area where you will be enjoying the concert will be full of flyers.

WHEN 'U2' PLAY THE SONG 'ONE', WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE RAISE YOU FLYERS HIGH SO THAT THEY CAN BE SEEN IN UNISON in the area where you are at. If you didn't know, at U2 concerts this is called a 'white out'!

The more fans we can get to participate in Brisbane, the more we will all be ONE in agreement, that it's time to MAKE POVERTY HISTORY!.

Instructions as to how to use the flyers in participation during the concert will be on the back of the flyer, along with an explanation of the 'ONE'/'MPH' campaign. What is all about and websites that can help you understand better how you can get involved.

So lets all get involved, get our own flyer, and have a brilliant evening at the concert in Brisbane!!!

Please sign up in the Brisbane Yahoo Group:

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/brisbane_one_u2/

Thank you!

Wow, fan action becomes more unimaginative by the concert.

This is one Brisbane concertgoer who won't be participating. Now, if it were a Play The Electric Co. fan action ...

I called Gilhooleys, they said it's being ornagise by ETS promotions, you need to speak to them to buy tickets etc.
there is a link on the www.gilhooleys.com right at the top under the vertigo banner, but is doesn't work?
Looks like a bit of a rort to me?

Have you heard anything back from Irish Murphy's Bono_man???

nah...I didnt think I would. Those ideas werent very good! Good to see the pubs incorporating the U2 event into their plans tho! Should be cool. :)

I wonder if U2 will rehearse at ANZ (or QSAC, whatever) in the days beforehand. :hmm:

If so, who wants to join me in listening in to the band?

I have been wondering the same thing. I reckon they will do some rehearsal there. Im so excited about camping out and listening to them go through material!!

bono_man said:
I have been wondering the same thing. I reckon they will do some rehearsal there. Im so excited about camping out and listening to them go through material!!

Especially if there's new material included. :drool:

I figure that even if they rehearse somewhere else, hopefully we'll be lucky enough to get a day or two's worth of rehearsals in Brisbane too.

bono_man said:
Yay!

U2 + Melbourne Cup = Drunk

I was a bit taken aback by the date. I'm often to be found wearing some silly hat, tipsy by two on that particular day. I sincerely hope Bono isn't ( I've forgotten the code here for the laughing smilie) . He and the Diva may share a bale or two before the concert? I have to pinch myself to believe it's really going to happen this time. My dad IOU-ed me this ticket for my 40th birthday...that was some time ago.
U2 At last!
It's going to be so much fun. After the long wait, the highs, the lows , the drama.
WOOO Bloody Hoooooooo.....U2
I think we should move to Brisbane. My kids are attending a series of concerts there in the next few months. Rock on.
Counting the days :):):):):):):):):)
I'm getting there on a charter bus with some Irishmen from the Gold Coast so I think after a few extra spins of the roundabouts we'll be lucky to get there just as the concert starts. **excited**

Have fun musiclovers

hello alll
long time since being in here!! Cass- howdy!! and Bono_Man you are married!! WOW!!

anyways I am going to the brisvegas gig and want to know where everyone is hooking up, I am having the day after the show off from work, so after the gig will be good for me!!

byeeeeeeeeee

Hi All,
I will be at the Brissie show, can't wait
and I advise anyone who is going to take train then shuttle bus , brisbane always does this when any big shows are and its free !all you have to do is show your ticket.

Anz (or Sports Stadium they call it ) i just call it anz, isc not near public transport only buses.

Also after reading all the messages , I would not be suprised 1 bit if the guys actually end up in one of the Irish pubs,
they have done it before and it may happen again ( this occured With Love Town & Zoo Tv tours,) depends on how the guys are feeling.
Cya all:wave: :p

cass said:

I'm getting there on a charter bus with some Irishmen from the Gold Coast so I think after a few extra spins of the roundabouts we'll be lucky to get there just as the concert starts. **excited**

Have fun musiclovers

That sounds like fun, Cass is that charter something you've organised or anyone can go on?

Hola Darren
sorry, not the Irishmen maybe you were thinking of. I don't think they'd be getting there by bus.
I'll never forget sitting on the steps at the back of the stands waiting for the Zoo Tv show to start at the ANZ Stadium. We were in a spot where all the limo's that were delivering VIP's were driving by. An old EH Holden came along and a young guy chased it along waving going "BONO! BONO!!" Oh dear we laughed. Who knows what kind of vehicle they might arrive in
:lmao:
The bus I'm going on is tiny, no seats left I'm sorry. And they are planning to go to a pub first on the way to watch the Melbourne Cup. I have been on heavy duty antibiotics , but I don't need to take them any more. HOO bloody RAY...I'm getting stuck into the champers next Tuesday. Just enough to get even more giggly than i am right now :hyper: This should be fun.

Oh wow oh golly oh &@#!
**pinches self**

Awesome Cass, sounds like a pretty fair way to spend a normally boring Tuesday and damn good way to top it off.
Apparently they took the Careflight chopper to Brissy for a sound check today so maybe that's the way to go!
Have a great one,
Darren

I'm gonna be in Brisbane tommorow (up from Sydney) fom the show. I don't know anyone and would love to meet up with you guys. I've got reserved seating so I'll be in Brisbane for the afternoon before heading off to the stadium.

Does anyone know where some of the meet ups are happening? If nothing pans out I'll just do my own thing but that seems lame! Would love to have a beer or two and a bite to eat beforehand and then ideally travel out to the show with some fellow U2 interference'ers!

I'm going to the races. See y'all there, if not save me spot at the concert.

Anyone going to be taping this show?

Back
Top Bottom