15th February 2006 Mexico City - Estadio Azteca

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
any English speaking people want to meet up in the city for sightseeing the weekend before the show or in the neighborhood of the steadium the day before?

I don't suppose there is somebody who would be willing to pick me up at the airport in DF (I know, I'm cool because I have been reading a guidebook). I fly in around 5 p.m. on the 11th. Anyone, anyone?

I'm staying in the Centro, but that's because I want to spend a few days being a tourist

not as far as I know. Nothing on the maps or in guide books. I called Expedia and Hotels.Com, and they've got nothing either. The closest is in the Zona Rosa, I think

Common guys! You're going to Mexico! Stay at a Mexican Hotel! I booked a room at an old colonial building now one of the main hotels near the Zocalo (the main square in the city), and I'm paying only $40 a night. And yes, they do speak English there.

I don't have much of a choice now. If I could have gotten out of my ETS ordeal, I would have picked somewhere near Chapultepec. Seems like a nice area, with the park and all.

The Holiday Inn has some bad reviews on trip advisor about them. Who knows how the service will be.

Last edited:
romi said:
Common guys! You're going to Mexico! Stay at a Mexican Hotel! I booked a room at an old colonial building now one of the main hotels near the Zocalo (the main square in the city), and I'm paying only $40 a night. And yes, they do speak English there.

What's it called?

let's put together a list of all people going so far. Just repost and add your name to the list.
1. Romi and Jen.

Acrobat_Al said:
Just be careful in downtown, trust no one...

So I've heard. Anyone know the best transport to the stadium. Taxi? Subway? I'm staying near the Zocalo. Thanks.

from what I hear, Taxi is the most reliable. Either straight from the hotel, or from the end of the METRO line. Wanna share a cab if its around 1 a.m. the day of the show?

thinking about it, if not earlier... I want to make sure I get in all the sightseeing i want, though... If I do, then I might... stadiums are different from arenas in that no matter how early you show up you won't be that close (barrier is farther away), but I would like to be among the first hundred people or so.

I doubt I'll line up that early. At least for the first show. After my trips into the ellipse on Legs 1 and 3, I'm pretty content with my "up-close' experiences. However I would like to be inside the "stadium ellipse." What time do you think I would need to show up just to get a spot somewhere in there? I'm probably going to be staying at the Hotel Catedral which I think is where you're staying...so we should definately link up at some point. Right now I'm getteng there around 10pm on the 14th but I'm trying to catch an earlier flight.

e-mail me your name, and I will try to find you at the reception desk. We can meet up and check out the city together. I will not be using a phone (most likely) just because it's more expensive.

I'm getting exicted!!! I can't wait until the show. I'm doing the ETS thing and I'm not sure when the shuttle from the Night Out party leaves for the stadium. Hopefully it isn't too late. Their party is from 12-3p.m. and I think 3p.m. is a tad too late to line up and try to get a decent spot for GA.

how early are people gonna be lining up?????

how bout the 16th?? 'cos im planning on staying right after the first night to line up and sleep there

would this be to bold from a lil guy from honduras???

will it be safe???

Back
Top Bottom