13 November 2006 Sydney Telstra Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
whats the general protocol regarding the concert.
what can u bring into the stadium (food drinks etc) ?
how early do you show up and once youre in the GA area can u go buy drinks ? dont know if this is the right palce to post this

i havent been to many concerts

i went to fiddy cent concert, this year

they search your bags, i bought an unopened bottle of coke from home so i could drink it there, i was told to either drink it on the spot or just leave it. also werent allowed to take deodrant spray cans with you, i think this is just 50cent being a bit paranoid though..

im not sure about cameras. however some people there had them, must have snuck them in

OK, got Gate K for this date. Who else? I cannot get out of work this day, but I will come straight out there and should be there by 4pm. Bold question: can anyone hold a place for me in exchange for me holding their place when I get there, so they can go for a nice little walk, stretch their leggies, etc. I"ll bring chockies, coffee, beer, whatever your heart desires!! Please, please, please.... calling Gate K'ers...

Woo hooo! :)

I've just booked everything today, tix/flights/accomm. for me and my dear friend U2 Bliss to head up to Sydney for this third show!!

We can't help ourselves, haha :)

So, just wondering, what's the best way out to the stadium from the city ... train or bus?? (or does it make any difference?!?) Is the train station close to the stadium???

shika said:
OK, got Gate K for this date. Who else?

shika, I was just wondering, do you have GA tickets?!?! I bought GA tix and they say Gate F?!!?

awwww ... coz I would of held a spot for ya, but we're at different gates?!?! :huh:

*5* days to go now, instead of 10, haha (for Melb) :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

They will be running express trains from the city through the afternoon and evening. It's easy: there'll be plenty of announcements at the stations telling you where to change (if necessary) and besides, you just follow the masses of people - most people train out, so you won't be alone! The train station at the Stadium is ridiculously close: you exit and you see it right in front of you.

See you there!

PS. ^ THanks for offer. I think there are two GA gates - I hope so after last night's fiasco in Brisbane. adrball said he will hold me a spot, but it might be a problem if they are handing out tickets for those that wait all day. We'll see...

Last edited:
Thanks for the train info :wink: I appreciate it!

What fiasco in Brissie?!?! :ohmy: Was there just a big stampede in the end or something!?!? oh .. oh right, maybe just coz there was only one GA entrance, yeah?

We're just gonna head straight to the stadium from the airport :wink: and we're arriving about 11 am I think. So hoping we get a good spot!

No stampede, thank goodness, but it was very disorganised and people were waiting for ages to get in. I think people may still have been coming in when U2 hit the stage. Just too many people trying to get into one entrance. Sydney should be better organised - the Olympics ran smoothly out there with no problems.

TranceEnding said:
Woo hooo! :) I've just booked everything today, tix/flights/accomm. for me and my dear friend U2 Bliss to head up to Sydney for this third show!!

:bow: You are a bloody legend...THANKYOU...so much for organising this in such a short time frame..... I'm indebted to you for life ......

TranceEnding said:
*5* days to go now, instead of 10, haha (for Melb) :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Oh my god...i can't believe it...monday night we'll be seeing U2!!!! I'm deliriously drunk with U2 happiness now!!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

I'm queueing for Gate E GA all day (pretty hungover after last night though, so not sure how early I'm going to get there!!)

I'll be all on my lonesome, so if anyone sees a girl with long black hair aviator sunnies and a fidel castro type army cap come say Hi! :)

muneno kodoo said:
I'm queueing for Gate E GA all day (pretty hungover after last night though, so not sure how early I'm going to get there!!)

I'll be all on my lonesome, so if anyone sees a girl with long black hair aviator sunnies and a fidel castro type army cap come say Hi! :)
Wow, I saw you in the queue. But I only just read your post so didn't recongise you. I was standing right near you. I had a red baseball cap on. There's probably interference people everywhere in these GA lines but we don't know eachother. Damn.

muneno kodoo said:

hey you went on ur own? and survived go you!

i'm hoping i don't get suffocated tom!

Back
Top Bottom