Your most exciting tour moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemon_vr6

Acrobat

Being outside of the San Diego Sports Arena on opening night and hearing the band start to soundcheck Streets. Everyone ran out of line to press their heads up against the doors.

Arriving in Ireland, walking to Croke Park from O'Connell St and seeing this

10001451cu.jpg

Sitting in the Stade De France, just outside of my favorite place on this Earth, waiting for my favorite band to come out.

10005242fa.jpg

Getting to take this picture on the way back home

10010720pa.jpg

hearing the sound check from the GA line at my first u2 concert (seattle1) and knowing that was really THEM, right in THERE, and I really was going to see them live!!

being on the rail outside the ellipse for that same concert and hearing "Everyone, everyone...", knowing they were coming out any second, it was one of the best moments of my life!

- getting a picture and handshake with Larry

- standing on the rail watching one of my best friends since age 4 playing Party Girl just feet away from me

- my first time in the ellipse getting front row center, and then having Bono jokingly mock me (into the mic!)

- sitting third to the last row at the far end of the arena in Cleveland, deciding it was a shitty spot to end my tour, and spontanously deciding to make a road trip to St. Louis without a ticket......(the waiting part I will not get into since it was torture and I'm never doing this again)....then getting my GA from the box office at 4:30pm!

- meeting so many cool people and making new friends/tour buddies

having Bono let my 3 year old son (wearing cowboy hat and sunglasses) sit on his lap for a picture on his way into rehearsals at the ACC in Toronto!

- Hearing the opening strains of COBL at San Diego 2 - my first ever U2 show

- Getting the "Elevation" symbol when my ticket was scanned.

- catching the "Edge" pick tossed by Dallas Schoo

- having my wife at my side for Los Angeles 1 (she said I never looked happier - not even on our wedding day :reject: )

and having my wife agree to let our second son's middle name be....Edge. It's a two-fold thing...Edge (the guitarist) and my favourite football player's name is Edgerrin James (also nicknamed Edge). He hasn't been born yet (not even conceived yet), but I'm holding her to it!! She might have been drunk when she agreed to it, but I have it on record somewhere!

nbcrusader said:
- having my wife at my side for Los Angeles 1 (she said I never looked happier - not even on our wedding day :reject: )

:lmao:

I guess this will happen to me on Monday.

:wink:

playing piano

Getting to play piano in St. louis during yahweh :)

michael mitchell
(nashville, TN)
mikeisi@AOL.com

04/14, 04/15, 05/12, 10/08, 11/18, 11/19, 12/14, 04/10/06!!! hawaii!!

lemon_vr6 said:

Arriving in Ireland, walking to Croke Park from O'Connell St and seeing this

10001451cu.jpg

I have a picture just like it :D

Seriously though, Vertigo from Dublin.
I can't explain it. I haven't ever got so high since, and I doubt I ever will.

Party Girl in Gothenburg and Wild Horses in Dublin is also worth a mention, and meeting Adam of course.

MSG NY 10/7 and 11/22 1st row behind stage, never been so close to them before. Had the same seats for both shows, after the first show I told my husband we are coming back!!!! Bono smiled and waved blew a kiss said thank love when I blew him a kiss......I'm more obsessed now than ever! :drool:

- making the great decision to call out from work and head to the 5/18 show and got to meet Edge and Bono for the first time.

- Having Bono do the third verse to WOWY in NYC a week after I handed him the lyrics in Boston

- Seeing my friend Tania on stage with the banner in Philly

- December 4th....bomb shelter.....banner...on stage...wow.

having bono give me larrys drumstick at buffalo.
and no, he didn't throw it into the crowd, he knelt down and passed it me...
pretty amazing PLUS was on my birthday...
too cool it really was!

1 - Hearing them soundcheck "I Will Follow" outside Manc 1.

2 - When the music to WOWY kicked in at Manc 1

3 - Meeting Bono in London

4 - Meeting Adam in Manchester

And just the whole GA experience in Manc - everyone at the front of gate Y were so so nice and I think loved the fact that 3 U2 tour virgins were going crazy and getting more and more excited as time wore on!!!!!!

- seeing U2 live the 1st time ever last year

- looking into Bono's eyes during "Sometimes..." and noticing his tears (really intense)

- CROKE PARK! 2 great shows and I saw Bono and Edge outside the Clarence after the 2nd show (unfortunately I was not able to talk to them or get an autograph...)
+ Out of Control live!

- Hundreds of white balloons during "Pride" in Munich

- meeting great people (includig Dallas Schoo), having lots of fun and seeing great cities incl. Dublin, Paris and Munich

-the first notes of COBL opening night
-meeting Bono before the Houston show
-hearing FC live for the first time on 10/7 in NY
-being 2 row in the Ellipse when they closed 12/4 with FC
-seeing the massive crowd in Barcelona
-the band reaction to the Thank You sign's in Portland
-seeing Bono and Edge in Miami during the Day in the Life of Edge filming and then being first row in the ellipse for that show.

Man, it's been a great tour. :)

- seeing my first show in Toronto :hyper:
- hearing Wake Up - every damn time!
- watching Bono emerge at the tip of the ellipse
- seeing Arcade Fire and U2 on stage together :drool:
- getting an ellipse wristband in Buffalo :hyper::combust::hyper:
- Electric Co. Twice.

Getting an autograph from Bono outside MSG 11/21 after just being in the city for about 30 minutes... being one person off the rail in Charlotte on 12/11 was also pretty damn good. :drool:

Literally waking up to Bono's voice soundchecking Wild Horses and running to Croke from the guest house to this.....
346499335%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3236%3E%3A69%3E%3A77%3EWSNRCG%3D323357643956%3Bnu0mrj

:faint:

Finally getting Bono's autograph in DC.

Getting in the ellipse in NYC 11/21 & 11/22 and the setlist!

The hostel staff in Aran Islands in Ireland putting me in a room with a photo taken and signed by Bono I didn't say I was a fan, hehe. (not really a Vertigo experience but I clearly I got carried away with this thread). :wink:

Last edited:
~Going to my first U2 concert in Chicago
~Hearing the opening notes to Streets and Streets for the first time, LIVE.
~Watching my friends enjoy themselves; by that I mean scream, shout, sing along. They both called a U2 concert the best concert they ever went to
~Meeting Bono and Edge before the Milwaukee concert (also a few interferencers :) )
~Sunday Bloody Sunday played at Milwaukee concert
~Watching the interaction between Bono and Edge when Who's Gonna Ride.......... was screwed up :cute:

Wow, such wonderful posts so far - I have tears of joy here :hug:

-Seeing them for the first time this tour in Anaheim, day the Pope died
-Seeing them in L.A. by myself in GA, about 5 people back from the outer ellipse. Bono singing SYCMIOYO right in front of me, sans shades
-Joining Interference at the beginning of the tour and meeting a lot of hardcore fans along the way
-Setlist parties (for the most part :shifty: )
-Taking my daughter to her first U2 show (seated) in L.A. (when Exit played)
-Lining up in GA with daughter for the last L.A. show, scanning into the ellipse with her and fellow Interference (Amy :wave: ). We had a rail spot in front of Adam
-Hearing 'Every One' play, knowing what was to come, and the surrealness of being at the show, on the rail
-Having Adam smile at us numerous times :happy:
-Hearing WOWY :heart: and just wanting to cry - that song just moves me... and live with 18,000+ people singing
-Show ending with "BAD"
-Watching the S.American show online live :drool:

and again friendships made here :hug:

u.gif
2.gif

Just off the top of my head:

- Seeing the lights light up for COBL the first time

- The Edge and Bono signing autographs in San Diego (having a fangirl "OMG it's really them!" moment :lol: ).

- The amazingly loud crowd at Miami 2 right after WTSHNN (it felt like the building was shaking).

- Shaking The Edge's hand in Miami
f754165a.jpg

- Seeing spinner dolphins ride the bow of the boat on a whale watching trip in San Diego (okay, not really part of the tour - but I would never have seen that if I hadn't gone to the first two shows - the opportunity to see different parts of the country by travelling to different shows was great :) ).

56f01b34.jpg

- meeting lots of u2 fans

- Seeing Larry sing for Elevation :wink:

- Adam smiling at my sister and I (we made a sign :reject: ) in Tampa

Last edited:
-NYC 10/14 with my family when "Everyone" came on. My first U2 show ever. AMAZING.
-Bono driving past us in the GA line and rolling down his window before the first Miami concert. I cried a bit. That was my "omg its really him" moment. :reject:
-Getting inside at Miami, my only GA, and realizing that I was in the front row (outside the ellipse, but still). And then Bono coming up for COBL right in front of us. :faint:
-Of course joining this site when the CD came out. :heart:

--meeting amazing, amazing people at U2 shows and through Interference, many of whom I now count as close friends.

-meeting Bono in San Diego, and a few times after--and finding him to be as charming and genuine as I'd hoped he'd be.

--meeting Edge.

--Hearing "Bad" at Croke Park with everyone singing along :heart:, hearing Electric Co. at the opener and not believing my ears.

--arriving in new cities, showing up at the venue, and seeing those lovely red Upstages trucks!

--hearing Wake Up and having my heart start pounding like crazy, then turning to friends and knowing they are feeling the same thing.

In thinking about all these things I can't believe what an amazing year 2005 turned out to be. I'm so grateful for everything I got to experience!

--being in the ellipse in Atlanta, having Adam smile at us...

--standing less than 2 feet away from Bono while he signed autographs and chatted before the show.

Most bizarre moment:
--Waving at Jesse Helms before the Charlotte show...:huh:

loads of great moments but one of my favorites thus far would have to be standing in the ellipse at the rail with 4 other very cool members of interference (you all know who you are). Being able to experience the show so close to the band with people who are just as big of fans as you are is one of the best experiences of the tour

a close second - at a the night before a show with a bunch of interference people - some of the crew are there as well - the video for Sunday Bloody Sunday come on the screens and the whole place goes just a little bit quite - then you start hearing some snickering and one of the crew members (in an Irish accent) saying quite loudly "what a bunch of bloody idiots" -with love of course

So many good things about the tour

*seeing my 1st U2 show at Manchester and being front rail, then getting front rail again the 2nd night :drool:

*Meeting some of my friends off here and meeting more interferencers along the way :hug:

*Travelling to Toronto and Chicago in September to see the band (and my friends)

*Meeting Edge on the day of my 22nd birthday in Chicago (21st September) :hyper:

Captured2005-09-2000120.jpg

*Seeing The Electric Co, Whos Gonna Ride YOur Wild Horses, Fast Cars, 40, Bad and Discotheque the 2 times they played it :drool:

*Being stood feet away from Bono and Larry :happy: (though sadly not meeting them properly)

*Getting in the ellipse 4 out of 5 times for the Toronto, Chicago and Boston shows :faint: and being front rail on the outside rail of the ellipse the time i didnt scan in

*Going to Boston in December to see them (and friends) and all the meals out/drinks i had with friends on tour

So much fun, thanks to U2 and all the people who helped make my 2005 so great :heart:

a close second - at a the night before a show with a bunch of interference people - some of the crew are there as well - the video for Sunday Bloody Sunday come on the screens and the whole place goes just a little bit quite - then you start hearing some snickering and one of the crew members (in an Irish accent) saying quite loudly "what a bunch of bloody idiots" -with love of course

:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom