Your most exciting tour moments - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2006, 02:58 AM   #16
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:17 AM
1 - Hearing them soundcheck "I Will Follow" outside Manc 1.

2 - When the music to WOWY kicked in at Manc 1

3 - Meeting Bono in London

4 - Meeting Adam in Manchester

And just the whole GA experience in Manc - everyone at the front of gate Y were so so nice and I think loved the fact that 3 U2 tour virgins were going crazy and getting more and more excited as time wore on!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #17
Acrobat

- seeing U2 live the 1st time ever last year

- looking into Bono's eyes during "Sometimes..." and noticing his tears (really intense)

- CROKE PARK! 2 great shows and I saw Bono and Edge outside the Clarence after the 2nd show (unfortunately I was not able to talk to them or get an autograph...)
+ Out of Control live!

- Hundreds of white balloons during "Pride" in Munich

- meeting great people (includig Dallas Schoo), having lots of fun and seeing great cities incl. Dublin, Paris and Munich

Old 03-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #18
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:17 PM
-the first notes of COBL opening night
-meeting Bono before the Houston show
-hearing FC live for the first time on 10/7 in NY
-being 2 row in the Ellipse when they closed 12/4 with FC
-seeing the massive crowd in Barcelona
-the band reaction to the Thank You sign's in Portland
-seeing Bono and Edge in Miami during the Day in the Life of Edge filming and then being first row in the ellipse for that show.

Man, it's been a great tour.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:17 PM
- seeing my first show in Toronto
- hearing Wake Up - every damn time!
- watching Bono emerge at the tip of the ellipse
- seeing Arcade Fire and U2 on stage together
- getting an ellipse wristband in Buffalo
- Electric Co. Twice.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:17 PM
Getting an autograph from Bono outside MSG 11/21 after just being in the city for about 30 minutes... being one person off the rail in Charlotte on 12/11 was also pretty damn good.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Literally waking up to Bono's voice soundchecking Wild Horses and running to Croke from the guest house to this.....

Finally getting Bono's autograph in DC.

Getting in the ellipse in NYC 11/21 & 11/22 and the setlist!

The hostel staff in Aran Islands in Ireland putting me in a room with a photo taken and signed by Bono I didn't say I was a fan, hehe. (not really a Vertigo experience but I clearly I got carried away with this thread).
Old 03-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

More....

Seeing Larry in the ellipse watching Patti Smith - NYC 11/21.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

~Going to my first U2 concert in Chicago
~Hearing the opening notes to Streets and Streets for the first time, LIVE.
~Watching my friends enjoy themselves; by that I mean scream, shout, sing along. They both called a U2 concert the best concert they ever went to
~Meeting Bono and Edge before the Milwaukee concert (also a few interferencers )
~Sunday Bloody Sunday played at Milwaukee concert
~Watching the interaction between Bono and Edge when Who's Gonna Ride.......... was screwed up
Old 03-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:17 PM
Wow, such wonderful posts so far - I have tears of joy here

-Seeing them for the first time this tour in Anaheim, day the Pope died
-Seeing them in L.A. by myself in GA, about 5 people back from the outer ellipse. Bono singing SYCMIOYO right in front of me, sans shades
-Joining Interference at the beginning of the tour and meeting a lot of hardcore fans along the way
-Setlist parties (for the most part )
-Taking my daughter to her first U2 show (seated) in L.A. (when Exit played)
-Lining up in GA with daughter for the last L.A. show, scanning into the ellipse with her and fellow Interference (Amy ). We had a rail spot in front of Adam
-Hearing 'Every One' play, knowing what was to come, and the surrealness of being at the show, on the rail
-Having Adam smile at us numerous times
-Hearing WOWY and just wanting to cry - that song just moves me... and live with 18,000+ people singing
-Show ending with "BAD"
-Watching the S.American show online live

and again friendships made here

Old 03-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Just off the top of my head:

- Seeing the lights light up for COBL the first time

- The Edge and Bono signing autographs in San Diego (having a fangirl "OMG it's really them!" moment ).

- The amazingly loud crowd at Miami 2 right after WTSHNN (it felt like the building was shaking).

- Shaking The Edge's hand in Miami

- Seeing spinner dolphins ride the bow of the boat on a whale watching trip in San Diego (okay, not really part of the tour - but I would never have seen that if I hadn't gone to the first two shows - the opportunity to see different parts of the country by travelling to different shows was great ).

- meeting lots of u2 fans

- Seeing Larry sing for Elevation

- Adam smiling at my sister and I (we made a sign ) in Tampa
Old 03-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

-NYC 10/14 with my family when "Everyone" came on. My first U2 show ever. AMAZING.
-Bono driving past us in the GA line and rolling down his window before the first Miami concert. I cried a bit. That was my "omg its really him" moment.
-Getting inside at Miami, my only GA, and realizing that I was in the front row (outside the ellipse, but still). And then Bono coming up for COBL right in front of us.
-Of course joining this site when the CD came out.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

--meeting amazing, amazing people at U2 shows and through Interference, many of whom I now count as close friends.

-meeting Bono in San Diego, and a few times after--and finding him to be as charming and genuine as I'd hoped he'd be.

--meeting Edge.

--Hearing "Bad" at Croke Park with everyone singing along , hearing Electric Co. at the opener and not believing my ears.

--arriving in new cities, showing up at the venue, and seeing those lovely red Upstages trucks!

--hearing Wake Up and having my heart start pounding like crazy, then turning to friends and knowing they are feeling the same thing.

In thinking about all these things I can't believe what an amazing year 2005 turned out to be. I'm so grateful for everything I got to experience!
Old 03-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

--being in the ellipse in Atlanta, having Adam smile at us...

--standing less than 2 feet away from Bono while he signed autographs and chatted before the show.

Most bizarre moment:
--Waving at Jesse Helms before the Charlotte show...
Old 03-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:17 PM
loads of great moments but one of my favorites thus far would have to be standing in the ellipse at the rail with 4 other very cool members of interference (you all know who you are). Being able to experience the show so close to the band with people who are just as big of fans as you are is one of the best experiences of the tour

a close second - at a the night before a show with a bunch of interference people - some of the crew are there as well - the video for Sunday Bloody Sunday come on the screens and the whole place goes just a little bit quite - then you start hearing some snickering and one of the crew members (in an Irish accent) saying quite loudly "what a bunch of bloody idiots" -with love of course
Old 03-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #30
Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!

So many good things about the tour

*seeing my 1st U2 show at Manchester and being front rail, then getting front rail again the 2nd night

*Meeting some of my friends off here and meeting more interferencers along the way

*Travelling to Toronto and Chicago in September to see the band (and my friends)

*Meeting Edge on the day of my 22nd birthday in Chicago (21st September)

*Seeing The Electric Co, Whos Gonna Ride YOur Wild Horses, Fast Cars, 40, Bad and Discotheque the 2 times they played it

*Being stood feet away from Bono and Larry (though sadly not meeting them properly)

*Getting in the ellipse 4 out of 5 times for the Toronto, Chicago and Boston shows and being front rail on the outside rail of the ellipse the time i didnt scan in

*Going to Boston in December to see them (and friends) and all the meals out/drinks i had with friends on tour

So much fun, thanks to U2 and all the people who helped make my 2005 so great

Quote:
a close second - at a the night before a show with a bunch of interference people - some of the crew are there as well - the video for Sunday Bloody Sunday come on the screens and the whole place goes just a little bit quite - then you start hearing some snickering and one of the crew members (in an Irish accent) saying quite loudly "what a bunch of bloody idiots" -with love of course

6 countries,11 shows. AMAZING FRIENDS AND MEMORIES = Jem's priceless 360 Tour