Yes, I just met Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2forlife

Refugee
I'm lost between the midnight and the dawning esca
Bono is staying in my hotel. For most of you, you already know where that is, so I'm not going to broadcast it on this forum.

I fly from NY to Chicago. I check into my hotel. I'm hungry. I go to the hotel's restaurant. I say hello to the hotel staff and security. They are like best friends now because I've stayed there for so long. I enter the dining room and there he is! No, I did not go over to him. He was having a Mother's Day dinner with his wife for god's sake! There were other people at the table with him and Ali, as well. Just as I was about to ask my security friend if that was really him, Bono turned around and got up from the table. He walked right up me (well really the security guy), but I still like to think it was me and said, "Goodnight." So I replied, "Goodnight. See you tomorrow." Bono responded, "See you tomorrow!"

I've been in love with him since 1992. To finally get to see him up close and personal is just so....well there aren't any words for it. Also, during my plane ride from NY to Chicago, I listened to only U2 the whole way on my U2 iPod. To finally hear that voice in person, outside of my iPod, was a total out of body experience.

He was not walking right. You know when you have worked out really hard at the gym and the next day your muscles are sore. Well, that's how Bono was walking. Last night's concert must have done a number on him. Well, he is getting old...I mean older! hahahahhahahha..

I also saw 2 out of 4 kids. They also have their own security. What a way to live! Not! Bono left Ali at the table and has retired for the night. It's only 9:30pm in Chicago. Man is getting old.

He seems to have a healthy following of fans waiting for him outside for autographs, pictures or even a glimpse of him. I hope they succeed because it will be a long night.

u2forlife said:
He seems to have a healthy following of fans waiting for him outside for autographs, pictures or even a glimpse of him. I hope they succeed because it will be a long night.

but are you sure its him they're wating for? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom