what did you say?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My dream came true today.Well really it was beyond my wildest dreams.
I waited at the Versace yesterday in the pouring rain. Being a gardener I'd never complain about that. It did mean that at 2 pm they announced U2 would not be coming out of the hotel to greet the fans. I didn't mind as I didn't want Bono or any of the others to risk getting a cold or sore throat before they are about to embark on the next leg of their tour.
I went back there today and waited with the largest crowd that had gathered there by far. Edge came out first and I told him he has the most beautiful hands in the world. He was very sunburned and I got some excellent photos of THE EDGE!! :faint:
I also had a bit of a chat with John, the body guard, thanking him for taking such good care of the boys and arranged to give him gifts for U2 when the meet and greet was over.
Young Larry came out looking as fresh as a daisy. I made him smile by asking if he had re-discovered the fountain of youth. I got excellent photos of LARRY MULLEN Jr :faint:
The Adam appeared. I told him he is one of those people, like Ali who just gets better looking with age. I was getting so awestruck by then I forgot to take photos of Adam.
We then waited at least another hour for Bono to appear. I had made friends with security by then and asked them to go pull the plug out of his bath, presuming that is what Bono was doing. It sure was hot standing outside the hotel. Eventually Bono appeared. I thought I was getting a message from my camera saying the batteries were getting flat. I now know that hand symbol means the camera is moving. Bono was now running very late for rehearsal and had to be very brief in signing autographs. As he signed my beautiful poster picture of him I spoke to him. He moved on to the next couple of people and then he came back and asked me "what did you say?"
So I repeated it.
"You are a ray of light in a dark world. I keep you in my prayers"
He said "Thanks, it's the prayers that keep me going"
:heart:
John then ushered him to his car ( #24, my lucky number).I crossed the road and asked John to take my gift. As they drove off I saw John hand Bono my parcel. I am hoping he took the time during the drive to Brisbane to read my letter to him. I hope he likes my words. I KNOW I like his...that's what it is all about "the best songwriters ever" :)

Every one left immediately but I had to wait half an hour for my son to collect me from the Versace. I sat on a seat at the entrance and tried to ring him on his mobile phone. It was then I realised how much my hands were shaking and that is why the very close up photos of Bono that I took are sadly blurry.
I then wondered if Bono may at that moment reading my letter and considering my words. I couldn't help it I had a great big old cry. The concierge was so sweet and let me sit in the shade and quite a few of the hotel guests asked me about U2. Being the big expert that I am :D I really enjoyed answering their questions.

Oh man, it surely was a beautiful day.
Wonders never cease.
I love U2

Reading that made me smile. :)

I'm glad it turned out so well.

Oh Cass, I'm am so happy for you!!!! :D That sounds so amazing! I'm glad you got to meet them!

Are you going to post your pics??

cass im glad all you dreams came true. we have another thing in common, we both got to meet U2. a story to tell my kids one day. mummy and nanny cass met U2!!!! love ya heaps, your beautiful daughter in law xxx

Cass!!! :hyper:

I am so, so, soooo happy for you! :heart:
Really, words cannot express what I'm feeling at the moment. I think it's strange to talk about 'deserving to meet them' -they are regular blokes and not deities- but the stars definitely had to start shining on you by now. :heart:

I keep you in my thoughts. :hug:

Wow that is a really beautiful story... hope you enjoy coming down from that experience only to realise you'll be up in the air again in less than 48 hours!!!

congratulations cass!!!

i had a similar versaci experience on friday, it was magnificent and the only downer on it was that adam didnt say hi despite the fact that he had 3 opportunities to (leaving for the gym, arriving back from the gym and also leaving the hotel all together)

the edge and bono and larry are magnificent, but sadly bono and larry's time was restricted and we were unable to get a lot of time with them :( but i am still awstruck by my experience, and it truely was the most amazing and special day of my life so far!

i hope to atleast maybe match it some time over the next month :drool:

thnak you for your kind words....especially you beautiful. Fancy meeting you here :wink:
Crikey I don't know much about all this new-fangled technology. I took a beautiful photo of the moon rising over the ocean outside cheffudge's restaurant yesterday evening. This morning when i got up the moon was meeting over the hills. It looked so beautiful. I took a photo of it but it didn't work out , too dark. :ohmy: I deleted all my photos.
I hope I don't get alzhiemers any time soon. I hold my encounter with U2 in my memory.
Did I mention I'm seeing U2 live in concert tomorrow night?
"...touch me, take me to that other place..."

cass said:
thnak you for your kind words....especially you beautiful. Fancy meeting you here :wink:
Crikey I don't know much about all this new-fangled technology. I took a beautiful photo of the moon rising over the ocean outside cheffudge's restaurant yesterday evening. This morning when i got up the moon was meeting over the hills. It looked so beautiful. I took a photo of it but it didn't work out , too dark. :ohmy: I deleted all my photos.
I hope I don't get alzhiemers any time soon. I hold my encounter with U2 in my memory.
Did I mention I'm seeing U2 live in concert tomorrow night?
"...touch me, take me to that other place..."

I am so excited for you! Congrats on meeting the band!
Bono is just the ultimate isn't he? What a great story and isn't great he can say so much with so few words? :)
Can't wait to hear your report from the show!

:drool:

Congratulations Cass!!! Your story put the biggest smile on my face. I am so truly happy for you to meet all the boys and especially Bono. Hes awsome!!!:applaud:

Congratulations cass :applaud: What a wonderful story - I'm very happy for you - it brought tears to my eyes. Love & Peace to you :hug:

"You are a ray of light in a dark world. I keep you in my prayers"

He said "Thanks, it's the prayers that keep me going"

That was probably one of the BEST things that someone could have said to Bono.

I'm very glad that he heard your words. He definitely seemed to appreciate them.

Thanks for sharing your story. :yes:

cass said:
My dream came true today.Well really it was beyond my wildest dreams.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Cass - I'm just so happy that you got to meet the guys...esp Bono.

Of all the people posting on the threads i so wanted you to meet them. Your enthusiasm for the band is just so fantastic and your words just so refreshing....i knew if you met them we'd get a fantastic report and you did not dissapoint at all. I had the biggest grin on my face when i was reading it.

Have a blast tomorrow night ...i know you will....and report back to interference as quick as you can to tell us all.:D

OMG Cass! Finally! :hug:

I'm so happy for you, darl. You deserve nothing but the best and this meeting is definately an experience to remember.

Now enjoy the gig! :D

quadcaster said:
congratulations cass!!!

i had a similar versaci experience on friday, it was magnificent and the only downer on it was that adam didnt say hi despite the fact that he had 3 opportunities to (leaving for the gym, arriving back from the gym and also leaving the hotel all together)

the edge and bono and larry are magnificent, but sadly bono and larry's time was restricted and we were unable to get a lot of time with them :( but i am still awstruck by my experience, and it truely was the most amazing and special day of my life so far!

i hope to atleast maybe match it some time over the next month :drool:

Yes, I've heard Adam was very 'Un-Adam' like on Friday at the hotel. He was fine the day before. He and Edge quite happily chatted with the handful of us that were there for a few minutes before they left for soundcheck despite being obviously jet lagged.

Larry was awesome on Thursday and came right over to me, Maria and Dil first and he had a chuckle with us. Bono has the patience of a saint. Seriously. It was utter chaos by the time he came out but he took all the pushing. pulling in his stride as well as holding three different conversations at the same time!!

I'm glad I went to the Versace when I did. I was the first fan there on Thursday morning. About 50 people were there when Adam left for the gym that day but most had gone by the time he came back. When Edge and Adam came out there was only about 15 of us there. When Bono came out there was somewhere between 75 & 100. Maria her husband Rob and myself being the only ones who had stayed the entire day, and we were rewarded by getting more than just a few seconds with him.

I'm told by friends there were far more people there from Friday onwards and it was didfficult to get much time at all with the band members who came out. Still it's good that some of the true fans of the band did get to meet their idols even if it was only for a brief second or two. Moments to treasure for sure.

Hooray for Cass!

But don't hold Adam or anyone's behavior against them. Jet lag is a cruel thing -- and hits me hardest a couple of days in, not right at the beginning. So maybe Adam just was having a woozy day on Friday. Plus imagine the pressure everyone is under: they have so much to prove the next few days until they hit their groove.

It sounds like they have all been very generous with their time and gracious despite their physical condition. Lucky all of you who met them!

silvrlvr said:
Hooray for Cass!

But don't hold Adam or anyone's behavior against them. Jet lag is a cruel thing -- and hits me hardest a couple of days in, not right at the beginning. So maybe Adam just was having a woozy day on Friday. Plus imagine the pressure everyone is under: they have so much to prove the next few days until they hit their groove.

It sounds like they have all been very generous with their time and gracious despite their physical condition. Lucky all of you who met them!

Damn right. Jet lag is not pleasant and for them to have given time to fans, is an extremely generous gesture, especially as they are here to work!

To be fair to Adam he said he was very tired when I saw him on Thursday, as did Edge, and they both looked it too.

neilm said:

Yes, I've heard Adam was very 'Un-Adam' like on Friday at the hotel. .....

I'm told by friends there were far more people there from Friday onwards and it was didfficult to get much time at all with the band members who came out.

I was there on Sunday and had a good old chat with John, Bono's bodygaurd, gorgeous man that he is. he set me on point duty. I'd already had words with some of the paparrazi "going to the concert on tuesday are we? been a fan of U2 for a long time have we?"
John asked me and a few of the others who he knew had been there a while to let him know if anyone was trying to snaek in. I felt quite honoured...and smitten. My vibometer was going off big time "Good man , Man to trust" :) John is so wonderful.
What happened on Friday?
Adam was his sauve gorgeous self on Saturday imho. It was pouring with rain. I called out "Adam, hello, welcome. You look beautiful man"
He gave a big smile and a wave. I think the combination of the heavy rain and his natty shorts and RED t shirt prompted him to head for the cover of his waiting vehicle.
This photo was taken on Thursday. You were there Neil. Do you have any idea what Bono was doing in this photograph? stretching his back? tying his shoelace? I'd love to know
TTVersace2-11-06.jpg

Could someone also please tell me who the man in the red shirt is?
who.jpg

he also had an interesting chat with me about James Dean and fast cars and motorbikes. I didn't feel U2 were any less mindful of their fans but then I wasn't there on Thursday. I'd love to know who that bloke is...maybe Larrys' PA? What is his name? anybody?

I am still stunned by the weather U2 have delivered to us :bow:
Check this out
Grafton9-11-06.jpg

the electrical storm activity was so intense they had to cancel the Clarence Valley Jacaranda Cup because of the wild weather.

I am still so in awe of what happened in the past week. I met ANOTHER Irishman early this morning. He has just bought the store near to where I live. he was so interesting and encouraging to me. He's from Belfast. I asked why half of Ireland seems to be living in Australia. he replied "making money"
:)
AND the girls at a new store in Byron bay gave me a picture of a cassowary and LUKA BLOOM :heart:
this much fun should be illegal.

thanks U2

Back
Top Bottom