Vegas experiences....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

romi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
post 'em here! It's been a couple of days, and some of you must have returned home by now. How about pictures of our group that snuck unto the floor and into the dressing rooms the day before the first show? I will try to get my pics posted here soon.

yup. Hi Miroslava:wave: Long time no see!

OK, enough chit-chat, how about some experiences!

zoney, can I ask you who you are, I guess I know you in real life but not as a crazy red ball:)

heh, i love the internet. zoney, sorry we didn't get back to you, but after hitting up the ishfwilf video spot on the old strip, it was really late. see you in boston though, right?

and hey all. vegas was awesome...but we didn't get the GA ticket drop love. we definitely sat in that little room for 11 hours and didn't get GAs...but considering how small the venue was, we were still pretty set. but how good was that 2nd show?!?

romi said:

OK, enough chit-chat, how about some experiences!

Okay :), Dallas was right in front of our section before the second show, setting up and showing two guests the area beneath the stage. One of the guys in the section leaned over the railing asked for a pic, so I naturally decided to stick out my hand too :shifty: .

a05be71a.jpg

638a5e38.jpg

I take horrible pictures and didn't have the right speed film in my camera, but I kind of like how this blurry picture turned out:
1cabec4e.jpg

multiple Bonos :wink:

I am lazy, so my pics are getting posted in PLEBA...

http://forum.interference.com/t145426.html

"experience" wise, I guess the most memorable things were the ticket stress which most of you that were there know about and the Adam lovin' :cute:

I posted this in the RSOC thread...

Alright, back from Vegas, and operation Adam was a success!!

:hyper:

Kevin and I were pre-established ellipse buddies. Sadly, since my plane was delayed for night 1, I couldnt really join him in line... Well, I probably COULD have, but chose to go to the back of the line... :( He won the lottery night 1...

Anyway, still got a GREAT spot all things considered 2nd row outside ellipse behind 3 lovely (and height challenged girls). Hi girls! :wave: Dee-dee (not sure if this is how she spells it) was pulled up in LA (not sure which night) and was the girl that wanted to go say hi to Adam! :lol:

For night 2, Kevin won the lottery again, so I did much screaming for the both of us! :D

Was first on the ellipse and grabbed my favoritest spot EVER which is to the right of Bono's mic, after all was said and done I ended up a bit closer to Adam than Bono, but no worries! :love:

So Adam comes out and I think he laughed as soon as he saw me (no signs yet)... Anyway, signage deployed was as follows.... Not sure of what songs or what...

But pretty early on:

"Adam Clayton: El Zorro Plateado"

Also early on

"Ok: I am officiall shameless. Guitar pick?"

He saw it and laughed...

A few songs later (as BD or ISHFWILF was ending?), he came right up and leaned forward to hand me a pick... I think I massaged his fingers... and when I say I think, I mean I did :shifty:

During Love and Peace I deployed the cheekiest part of the operation

"Well, since that worked, how about a kissie" as I pointed to my cheek

He laughed, so I immediately switched to part 3 which was

"Why the laughter? Did I push too far?"

which of course ellicited more laughter and winking etc... :drool:

Much later in the show, I showed him the last one

"So, are you sick of me and my signs yet?"

To which he gave me a mock pensive look... I laughed and pointed at him with a scowl and he laughed and he shook his head effusively saying no... (like he has a choice :lol:)

So operation Vegas Silver Fox was a resounding success...

cool guitar pic... I'm uploading mu pictures from vegas now. gimme about an hour. to see them, you will have to go to imagestation.com and set up a quick acount (just a user name and password) and then do a search for members for romangokhman. There will be three files: Vegas, Vegas 1 and Vegas 2. Vegas has a few shots from the floor and dressing rooms.

we saw him lean down and touch you from our nosebleeds...we were so proud. i'm glad you got a pick...well done. sorry we couldn't hang out more, but...y'know...we just enjoyed the box office line//ballroom so much...:|

congrats!

Stories for Boys said:
we saw him lean down and touch you from our nosebleeds...we were so proud. i'm glad you got a pick...well done. sorry we couldn't hang out more, but...y'know...we just enjoyed the box office line//ballroom so much...:|

congrats!

Well, if I hadnt been having so much fun hunting down my guy that never showed up, I could have come up and visited a bit more!

Ga lines! The fun of it all! :hyper:

"Vegas Experiences......."?

Well, I have one of many.........RedKat, Chizip, Anadgemila and me cruising the strip at 5AM in Mrs RR's car...........good times. :up:

Miroslava said:

So operation Vegas Silver Fox was a resounding success...

:applaud:

I tried but I couldn't see the signs from where I was sitting behind the stage :(. But I did see Adam lean down too :up:.

I might have had an Adam moment for the second show. I think he smiled at me for a second, I pretty sure I felt eye contact for a moment there. :shifty:

Miroslava said:

Well, if I hadnt been having so much fun hunting down my guy that never showed up, I could have come up and visited a bit more!

Ga lines! The fun of it all! :hyper:

did you end up buying from a scalper or what?

Transferring that post over too

My guy never called again, never showed up... NOTHING. Thankfully at 4:45 Vince from NYC called a guy that had tickets (it was very surreal) and offered him $250.00 for it which he accepted. I ran to the main Valet area at the front of the MGM, nervously waited for the guy to show up and exchanged my money for his ticket in about 10 seconds sometime around 5:25 PM :huh: I ran back to the GA line. It was a very close call :scream:

To add to that it was one of these

V: "Hi J, it's Vince. Listen got any tickets for tonight?

V: "You do? Will you take $250.00? Ok, here, talk to this girl, she got screwed"

Ticket guy: "Hi, will you be paying by credit card or chas?"

Me: I got cash

TG: "Ok, I'll meet you at the main valet area. Will you be with Vince?"

Me: "No. Here's my phone number. I'll be the tall desperate looking one"

TG: "Ok, see you in 15 minutes"

In actuality it was longer than that due to traffic, but he called to let me know. Still it was nerve wracking. He pulled up. I ran to his car. He started to shake my hand, but the money was already there and I was snatching the ticket away :lol:

Last edited:
:lmao:

tall and desperate....and it worked. well done. in the end, it was fine cause we met a couple really cool people in the box office line, and we still did have tickets for the show, but it was quite a bummer. had they released maybe 15 or 20 more, we would've gotten them...

Yay for Vince and the mysterious J :up: :).

Speaking of cool people, the first night I sat next to the nicest British guy. He was so into the show and a really cool, funny guy :up:. I feel bad that I didn't get his name, but it's nice when you go to a show by yourself and you wind up next to a cool person :yes:.

Stories for Boys said:
:lmao:

tall and desperate....and it worked. well done. in the end, it was fine cause we met a couple really cool people in the box office line, and we still did have tickets for the show, but it was quite a bummer. had they released maybe 15 or 20 more, we would've gotten them...

He laughed about that too! I was dead serious when I said it. I was desperate after spending all damn day in line and no ticket... :lol:

Do you know how Dee-dee got a ticket? She got in the front rail to the far right. I was so happy when I saw her. Didnt get a chance to talk to her though, so I was hoping you guys had gotten the GAs too since she was right in front of you...

she paid like 225 from a scalper. but seeing as we had also spent $75 each on our seats, there was no way i could afford that...i've long since spent my tour fund, and am digging into groceries and rent...

but hey, now we have 5 shows left and 4 of them are GA, and the seats are really good ones right by adam's side...so i'm psyched for the rest of the tour...no more nosebleeds!!

Yay for no nosebleeds! :applaud:

And yay for Dee-dee too even though she paid less than me! :lol:

Vegas was an expensive little number :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom