U2 in Lisbon, Alvalade stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squire

The Fly
It was a fantastic concert that i had the pleasure to assist.

The doors opened at 5 PM and Keiser Chiefs entered in action at 9:15 PM . They played for almost 1 hour.

U2 started playing at 22:10 PM. And it was awesome.

They crowd was perfect. I could barely listen Bono singing. I could honestly say that the crowd sang all songs!

Highlights go to:

- Vertigo, the first song in wich the audience went nuts.

- Sunday Bloody Sunday. Straight from the beggining the crowd was chanting "ooooooohhhooooooooohoooo"... you know what a mean :)

- Pride (In The Name Of Love) / Where The Streets Have No Name was in my opinion the highlight of the highlights in terms of mix between audience and music. Everybody was jumping and singing.

- Zoo Station / The Fly. In terms of light show and nostalgic sound... this was the best moment in the concert. It's a pitty that the audience didnt knew or like those songs... (that's why Portugal is what it is...) and they were quiet all the time during those songs. The begining of Zoo Station with that feedback on the background antecipating the thunder-like drums and the ferocious guitar distortion, gave me chills!

It was a very "politic" concert. Declarations of human rights, Bono's speech, he even asked us to send a message to a number, and after that our names would appear on the huge screen.

They finished the concert with "40" wich makes rather sense, since it was the last concert of the European Tour.
They left one by one.

I specially like when they finish the concerts at full throttle... because in that way i leave the concert in a state of happiness and adrenaline.
By finishing the concert with 40 it kind of made me sad... the song is quite melancolic and when it finishes it gives you a nostalgic sense... like "damn... the concert is over. How i wish it wouldn't stop..."

But it was a fantastic show.

The mix between light, music, audience, band was perfect!

Here is the set list:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh

It was a historic concert... wich made in fact history in Portugal.

I will upload photos in the appropriate section soon :)

Here are some of the photos i took:

u22.jpg

u23.jpg

u2aovivoemlisboa.jpg

U2 in Lisbon airport

British Aerospace BAe-146-300 arriving in Lisbon, Flight FLT898, 14-08-2005, 15:12

G-BPNT.jpg

Credits: Miguel Claudio

PICT0241.jpg

PICT0245.jpg

PICT0246.jpg

PICT0247.jpg

PICT0249.jpg

PICT0253.jpg

Credits: Carlos Abreu

Last edited:
Photos of Portugal

See my photos in: h t t p:\\rgranjeia.fotopages.com

Abraços para todos os membros do U2Portugal!!

Back
Top Bottom