The U2 - Philadelphia parking lot DJ , hehehe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jag0918

Refugee
I just got back from the Philly shows...my third of the tour...I had GA but I hung around the back by the soundboard for a different persepective....OMG !!!! the energy coming from the crowd during City of Blinding Lights was undescribable..I was in tears the whole time. Very overwhelmed. Electric Co, the Edge literally exploded @ the edge of the ellipse. He was out of friggin control. During Sometimes You Cant...Bono got very emotional & almost started crying during the song. I can go on for hours but I wont. You all know what its like...
I would like to say special thanks to the fans in the GA line today that let me blast the living shit out of them with my tunes & 250 Watt home stereo today. Many people were coming up to me & thanking me for being the 'U2 parking lot dj' and were very grateful for hearing some live Vertigo bootlegs, etc...
But what really pissed me off was the fact that some people wanted me to play no U2...Im saying to myself, are you guys kidding me? Some complained that it was too loud..made me wanted to just turn louder (f*** 'em) HAHAHAHAAHAA...anyway where was I. Im contemplating on doing this tomorrow. But that will be decided at the last minute. Im just glad for the most part everyone had fun out there today. It was great to see tattoo Dan, Ruth Barohn, Tony from UF, Barb,Bill, etc...
Ok here's the setlist.for the record==>
1. COBL
2. Vertigo (great extended ending)
3. elevation
4. Beautiful Day-Sgt Pepper-Youve Got to Hide Your Love Away
5. I Still Havent...EXODUS - In a Little While (2 verses)
6 Miracle Drug
7 Sometimes
8 LAPOE
9 SBS
10 Bullet the Blue Sky --HIGHLIGHT -->Bono took a small boy on stage with him when he was blinded with his COEXIST bandana while the little boy walked Bono around the ellipse..then at the tip of the ellipse Bono kneel down...took off the banana & gave it to the kid !!!!!
11 Miss Sarajevo
12 pride
13 Streets
14 One + (hear me calling snippet)
15 First Time
16 Stuck
17 Fast Cars
18 WOWY
19 ABOY
20 Yahweh
21 40

So there you have it. See ya'll tomorrow!

Nice post...sounds like you had a blast....and it sounds like you provided some great entertainment.
I have GA's for today, but I cannot get there till about 2pm, I am taking my 16 yr old son and he had to be in school this morning for a lab class... such is the life of a parent waiting to go to a concert...:)
btw..how was the view from where you were??

in the back on the floor? great...the light show & screens look perfect & I think the sound is better than at the ellipse. The ellipse is extremely loud for that matter...plus in the back you can walk around, step out to he bathrooms, etc
i'll be there today around 3-4.

Thanks for the entertainment! I was in the fan GA line right in front of your truck for about 20 minutes. :) I haven't been on Interference much (I'm a WIREling from the "old" days) but I read your post about being at the show before I went so I knew it was you!

I had a plan to head back to the soundboard as well should I not make the ellipse. Of course I didn't get into the ellipse but couldn't resist the side rail on Adam's side (I could lean back on the rail). It was a great show, but I'm still wondering if I should've wandered around, had a little dinner, and hung out in the back.

You are right about the sound in front. Whoa! I brought earplugs for once in my life, but that made things a little TOO muffled. I was fiddling with them all night, but at least I could understand every word Bono said, unlike in May when I was up in 224.

Oh, and I just have to ask . . . . Do you mean Tony the faux-Bono from Unforgettable Fire? If so, I know him . . . sort of. He doesn't know me. My good friend married the former bassist of UF, Dan; they met b/c I used to go to a lot of UF shows when I lived in NYC and Charlie was the frontman. I've met Tony once or twice and he is great as Bono! I'll never forget standing in GA at MSG for Elevation and Tony visited the GA line. There were more than a few gasps and shrieks until people realized that he wasn't in fact Bono. LOL

Thanks again for the good tunes, and have fun tonight!

What a great idea for GA line entertainment! Good job and I am sure it kept spirits high. Great review, thanks so much, I know the feeling as COBL gives me the same......it's so exhiliarating and gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Have fun tomorrow and we'll be waiting and watching for your post.

Youre just lucky that at Philly (first leg) I didnt bring down my big system

Then we woulda had a sound off LOL

instead you got shitty acoustic guitar :wink:

:up: jag for the parking lot entertainment :up:

mucho traffico said:
ive got ga for buffalo, taking my 14 year old down there. not sure if to hang back a bit to

recommendation: hang back by the sound board

unless he's into overly loud music, people pushing and all that, the back is the place to be with a kid

speaking from experience

plus you dont even need earplugs back there, the sound really is impeccable...and you get all the visuals, pretty damn cool..

Back
Top Bottom