The Greatest Ticket Story Ever! (Kinda Long)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2forlife

Refugee
I'm lost between the midnight and the dawning esca
I flew in from Chicago Friday night. No ticket in hand, no chance of even getting into the Garden. Hoping for a ticket drop, I tried ticketmaster online in the morning. Nothing. I went down to MSG, to try my luck at the box office. There was already a line of people who had the same idea as mine. Well, the line was so long that I didn't think there would be enough tickets by the time it was my turn, so I decided not to wait.

Instead, I went around the back to meet the band and hopefully get a picture when they come in for soundcheck. Around 4pm, security starts becoming restless. NYPD is showing their presence. Bono's surburban pulls up and people swarm his truck! Damn amateurs! Don't they know Bono doesn't like that! :mad: Bono stuck his head out the window, people started screaming his name...basically he didn't get out. He has gotten out on so many other occasions that I felt he didn't come out because of all those idiots! Therefore, I now have no tickets, no pictures and not even an autograph for my efforts. :sad:

Larry came in, didn't even roll down the window. Adam came in, he was all smiles. Never got to see Edge. I think he came in earlier, but didn't want anyone to know it was him. Just reinforces why I love Bono so much...but I digress. As I'm waiting with the hope that they would come out after soundcheck, I stike up a conversation with a girl next to me, Megan. I told Megan all about my love for the band and how I don't even have a ticket for tonight's show, but I thought I would come out with the hope that I would get to meet them before soundcheck. She tells me that she kinda has an extra ticket. Her sister, who is not a big fan (what blasphemy), has a ticket but said that if a true U2 fan really wants to go, then she would give up the ticket.

First Megan has to confirm this with her sister who is not picking up her cellphone. :scratch: Megan and I exchange phone numbers and off she went, never to be seen or heard from again. After a couple of hours of standing there, and seeing Ali come in, it was obvious that the band was not coming out. Therefore, I decided that I was going to take one last tour around MSG to see if I could buy a scalper's ticket. There were more buyers than sellers. The line for the box office had now become so extremely long, I felt there was no way I was getting a ticket if I joined the line so late in the game.

I walked the entire perimeter of MSG. If anyone has ever been to NY, you know how damn big that place is. By the time I did a complete circle, it started to pour and I ran for shelter. Well, I ran right into another girl who said that she found someone in line who was trying to give away a ticket. I ask this girl (I'm sorry I forgot your name, but you know who you are) to take me to the person giving away this ticket. She takes me to Megan, the girl I was having a conversation with hours earlier about her sister not really wanting the ticket.

Megan says that she has been calling me. Well, my cellphone battery died so I didn't get her call. She said that her sister doesn't want the ticket so Megan gave me the ticket for FREE!! I just couldn't believe my luck! I flew to NY with no ticket, not even a hope of getting a ticket. Instead I got a ticket for free. Then, I met up with Jamie and Heather, sat in their section, found an empty seat ON THE AISLE and :dancing: the entire night away with a completely UNOBSTRUCTED view of the stage! I just don't know what to say or how to explain it. This is :censored: beyond luck.

I want to thank all the people who made this night happen: Megan, the girl who led me to Megan, Heather, and Jamie. :bow: You girls :rockon:

I finally got to meet Miroslava, our Forum Mod, and Jesse :wave: Hopefully I will see you both in Dublin. However, I have no tickets...yet :wink:

:applaud: wow thats really cool :wink:
i'm thinkin of doin that for 21st sept chicago(i live in england) coz its my birthday, even tho i dont even know any1 in america let alone chicago , hope i have some of your luck :wink:

u2forlife said:
I flew in from Chicago Friday night. No ticket in hand, no chance of even getting into the Garden. Hoping for a ticket drop, I tried ticketmaster online in the morning. Nothing. I went down to MSG, to try my luck at the box office. There was already a line of people who had the same idea as mine. Well, the line was so long that I didn't think there would be enough tickets by the time it was my turn, so I decided not to wait.

Instead, I went around the back to meet the band and hopefully get a picture when they come in for soundcheck. Around 4pm, security starts becoming restless. NYPD is showing their presence. Bono's surburban pulls up and people swarm his truck! Damn amateurs! Don't they know Bono doesn't like that! :mad: Bono stuck his head out the window, people started screaming his name...basically he didn't get out. He has gotten out on so many other occasions that I felt he didn't come out because of all those idiots! Therefore, I now have no tickets, no pictures and not even an autograph for my efforts. :sad:

Larry came in, didn't even roll down the window. Adam came in, he was all smiles. Never got to see Edge. I think he came in earlier, but didn't want anyone to know it was him. Just reinforces why I love Bono so much...but I digress. As I'm waiting with the hope that they would come out after soundcheck, I stike up a conversation with a girl next to me, Megan. I told Megan all about my love for the band and how I don't even have a ticket for tonight's show, but I thought I would come out with the hope that I would get to meet them before soundcheck. She tells me that she kinda has an extra ticket. Her sister, who is not a big fan (what blasphemy), has a ticket but said that if a true U2 fan really wants to go, then she would give up the ticket.

First Megan has to confirm this with her sister who is not picking up her cellphone. :scratch: Megan and I exchange phone numbers and off she went, never to be seen or heard from again. After a couple of hours of standing there, and seeing Ali come in, it was obvious that the band was not coming out. Therefore, I decided that I was going to take one last tour around MSG to see if I could buy a scalper's ticket. There were more buyers than sellers. The line for the box office had now become so extremely long, I felt there was no way I was getting a ticket if I joined the line so late in the game.

I walked the entire perimeter of MSG. If anyone has ever been to NY, you know how damn big that place is. By the time I did a complete circle, it started to pour and I ran for shelter. Well, I ran right into another girl who said that she found someone in line who was trying to give away a ticket. I ask this girl (I'm sorry I forgot your name, but you know who you are) to take me to the person giving away this ticket. She takes me to Megan, the girl I was having a conversation with hours earlier about her sister not really wanting the ticket.

Megan says that she has been calling me. Well, my cellphone battery died so I didn't get her call. She said that her sister doesn't want the ticket so Megan gave me the ticket for FREE!! I just couldn't believe my luck! I flew to NY with no ticket, not even a hope of getting a ticket. Instead I got a ticket for free. Then, I met up with Jamie and Heather, sat in their section, found an empty seat ON THE AISLE and :dancing: the entire night away with a completely UNOBSTRUCTED view of the stage! I just don't know what to say or how to explain it. This is :censored: beyond luck.

I want to thank all the people who made this night happen: Megan, the girl who led me to Megan, Heather, and Jamie. :bow: You girls :rockon:

I finally got to meet Miroslava, our Forum Mod, and Jesse :wave: Hopefully I will see you both in Dublin. However, I have no tickets...yet :wink:

You rule!!!! I can't believe you're awake and posted already! That is the best story EVER and I'm so glad I was apart of it! What a night ! MSG was :faint:

youtwohearts said:
I can't believe we are all awake. We had such a good time with you. I am so glad you got a ticket. Talk about a true fan.

You guys rule :rockon: What an awesome time! Great to hang out with a true fan U2forlife! and a shout out to Miroslava :wave: Thanks for saying I look better in person than in my :bono: pic :D

Back
Top Bottom