Thank You Delta Center!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultravioletluvv

Refugee
I just wanted to show my appreciation for the wonderful staff at the Delta Center in SLC... I arrived at 5 am, full winter gear, ready to freeze my ass off for 13 hours.... and was THRILLED to find out that the good folks at the Delta Center were going to give us numbers and let us leave at 7 am... They did and we were able to get out of the cold for 9 hours.... I think this was a FABULOUS way to handle the GA line... It's too bad more venues don't think about this kind of system beforehand... :up:

I definitely second this motion. When I heard this plan, it was so simple yet so ingenius! I got there at around 5am as well and was at the Salt Lake Roasting Company having a latte and a slice of some heavenly Boston Apple Pie by 7:30am. I was back at the motel for a quick siesta by 10am.

After a nice lunch, I was back in line at 4pm ready to get picked to go into the ellipse. All in all, probably the best Vertigo Tour experience for me.

Now, I just need to figure out a way to cut down the 7-hour drive time to and from Denver... :hmm:

I arrived at the line at 5:30am, and was "Unofficially" #84 in the initial line located on the sidewalk of Delta Arena. First guy in line had a tent with a heater inside. Genius. It was very cold, and snowing at about 5:30am. All I was thinking was I should have put on that extra layer of socks. I got my "Official" Delta Arena number at around 8am, Delta Arena staff divided the "Unofficial" line into the "Official" Fan and Non-Fan Club line. Long story short, I was able to enjoy the rest of the day snowboarding. I came back to line up at about 4:00pm with no problems. The Delta Arena staff extraordinary efforts definately made my trip a lot more enjoyable. Good idea, too bad it's near the last show of the continental US tour to get it about right. The Salt Lake City concert was awesome, there was a lot of energy from the loud Salt Lake fans. I got to shake Adam's hand, when he walked by the left outside rail where I was standing which was very cool. Anyhow, I need to hit the sack, just got back from BWI/Baltimore an hour ago.

I drove out from Denver as well... #90 in line! I'm sure i'd remember some of your faces! It was a great show! LOTS of energy from the crowd and the band! I got a high-5 from Larry and a "Wow" from Bono! Great memories from SLC!!!!

I was also very impressed about how well organized the Delta Center was.

I was #33 and my brother was #34 in the unofficial line. We got in line a little after 10:30 Friday night and camped out overnight with the rest of the 50 or so of you. Even though we were somewhat prepared, I have never been so cold on my life! Still, it a lot of fun, and getting snowed on was a highlight.

I was so grateful to the Delta Center for their numbered ticket system so we could leave the line in the morning and get some sleep.

THANKS!

# 1 here, the heater was amazing! I was so happy that everything worked out the way it did from Delta Center's side. Even with the heater, I was still half frozen. We got there at 8:00 pm on Friday. Anyway, I think I enjoyed the show SO much more due to the added rest I got during the day. Thanks to everyone (well, almost everyone) for helping out with the line. It can be such a pain sometimes.

ahhh... memories...

U2SLC010.jpg

Thanks for keeping things tight and right!

ahhh. It makes me feel cold just to see that. Thanks for posting that picture. Man, what a great show though, there was so much energy in that arena. Especially after Streets. We were also fortunate enough to get into the ellipse so we were front and center. What an experience!

the funny thing is the delta center didn't do as wonderful of a job as everybody thinks.....they didn't check the ga tickets very well because the guy in front of me in the ga (on the rail) had upper tix. he got in the ga line and they didn't even check...just scanned him in.

needless to say i was not too happy about that. (and he was much taller than me and jumped a lot.....but the show was a blast regardless).

shifty24 said:
ahhh. It makes me feel cold just to see that. Thanks for posting that picture. Man, what a great show though, there was so much energy in that arena. Especially after Streets. We were also fortunate enough to get into the ellipse so we were front and center. What an experience!

it really was THAT good, wasn't it? I was even touched by "I Still Haven't Found".. and i'm not usually a big fan of that song... but the crowd was just so together and so loud... it really did look and sound like every single person in that place was clapping and singing in the right spots... Pride into Streets was extra good too! I'm so glad you got into the ellipse... You deserve it!! I'm glad you didn't fall victim to the "random" ellipse system... good for you!

Hey, AdescentMelody! Samneko! Glad you two made the long road trip back home okay to Denver and LA. #90 were you one of the girls next to the Chipotle burrito looking girl in the "Official" line? Thanks for setting up the "Unofficial" GA line Shifty24. I was at work today, and kept thinking what a great a concert that was. I can feel the U2 withdrawal already starting to kick-in...:drool:

HAHAHAHA... Chipotle burrito looking girl... yeah, i was in line next to her... she got in the ellipse... and i didn't... maybe i shoulda worn aluminum foil too! :wink:

sonicsmurf said:
Hey, AdescentMelody! Samneko! Glad you two made the long road trip back home okay to Denver and LA.

Hey Smurf, glad you remembered! You should have told me you were an Interlander. :) Too bad Starbucks didn't open early enough - I was already tasting the hot caramel apple cider as we approached.

I'll post some more vids in the next few days. Ultraviolet's got some great vids as well. Oh, and glad you got some boarding in before the show. That's awesome!

sonicsmurf said:
I can feel the U2 withdrawal already starting to kick-in...:drool:

Hey sonicsmurf, I know what you mean!
BTW- Thanks again for the ride to the Hard Rock Cafe to pick up the ETS tix.

My name is Olivia. I was #60 in the line (approximately 30 deep in the U2.com GA line) and am looking for some people I met there...

...Cami from Pleasant Grove, thank you so much for the hot chocolate and the company! It was great walking around downtown SLC trying to warm up.

...the twins who were somewhere in the upper 70s in line before 7:00 a.m. I was the one behind you reading the Harry Potter book. You ladies cracked me up! It was truly a pleasure meeting you.

...Steve and Tom from Oregon. I can never thank you enough! You guys are awesome and proof that good karma does come back around.

I'd really love to keep up communication with you folks, if you're reading this. Please e-mail me at u2livi@cableone.net!

Also, I agree that the Delta Center's system was among the best I've seen for any GA show. There were flaws (amazing that someone with upper level seats got into GA at all, much less the ellipse!), to be sure...but every system has a couple of glitches.

It was wonderful that they issued line tickets, saving us all from almost certain frostbite and/or hypothermia. The staff were friendly. And I think the crowd there at SLC was one of the best ever. An amazing show and an amazing experience in general.

Until the End of the World,

Olivia

Back
Top Bottom