So I'm at the Portland gig......and

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONOVOX2019

Babyface
So I'm at the Portland gig, with about three-quarters of the show done. I went to get a beer in the small GA-only bar.
There is an older blond woman,(55?), there waiting on the left side of the bar. I happened to ask her what she was waiting for, and she said she had gotten a bad beer, or that someone had thrown something into it, and it now smelled like urine.
She said she was waiting for a "REPLACEMENT BEER".
RIGHT, I said; Good luck getting a free beer from these guys.
She told me to wait and see. Just then, an official U2 tour security chief showed up and saw her, then told the bartender to give her what she wanted.
While they poured her beer, she showed me a backstage pass that she had stuck on the inside of her coat.
I then said "Is that real?"
She said " Yes THEY, (meaning her breasts), are real and I can get you backstage if you come back to the Hotel with me later"
She then told me what Hotel she was staying at, and she said the band was staying there too.
I asked her who she was related to in the band, and she said "Maybe Bono". I then pointed out to her that she had an Italian accent, and Bono is Irish.
This must have pissed her off, because she then led me over to the backstage area and they let her right in. She never looked back or said a word to the guard about letting me in.
Like an Idiot, I tried to follow her in saying that I was her son and of course it didn't work. The Security guard got a good laugh out of it though!
I wish I had taken a picture of her so maybe somebody here could identify her.
For all I know, she WAS related to Bono!
Something she said just before she disappeared backstage didn't sound right though.
She said the band was getting on the plane to go to Australia right after the show. Last time I checked those shows aren't until March!
The final question; Would I have "done whatever it took to get backstage?" MAYBE.... But I wasn't THAT drunk yet........

Last edited by a moderator:
Where she went

She went in at the rear of the arena, near the soundboards.
And no, she was nowhere near as hot as Ruffian!

Re: Where she went

BONOVOX2019 said:
She went in at the rear of the arena, near the soundboards.
And no, she was nowhere near as hot as Ruffian!

when chizip said, "sound like ruffian," i think he was referring to your statement:

The final question; Would I have "done whatever it took to get backstage?" MAYBE.... But I wasn't THAT drunk yet........

:wink:

Re: Re: Where she went

bfloxng said:

:tsk:

Classy...

Although my account of what happened is true,
I didn't believe her, and I doubt if she is related to anyone in the band.
She did have an all access pass though.
I guess we will never know who she is or how she got the pass.
My final answer is: No, I would not have...
Class restored and class dismissed.:eyebrow:

Last edited:
BONOVOX2019 said:
Although my account of what happened is true,
I didn't believe her, and I doubt if she is related to anyone in the band.
She did have an all access pass though.
I guess we will never know who she is or how she got the pass.
My final answer is: No, I would not have...
Class restored and class dismissed.:eyebrow:

I would have.

A couple Bacardis and she'd have been a 20 something swimsuit model again.

:ohmy:

BONOVOX2019 said:
So I'm at the Portland gig, with about three-quarters of the show done. I went to get a beer in the small GA-only bar.
There is an older blond woman,(55?), there waiting on the left side of the bar. I happened to ask her what she was waiting for, and she said she had gotten a bad beer, or that someone had thrown something into it, and it now smelled like urine.
She said she was waiting for a "REPLACEMENT BEER".
RIGHT, I said; Good luck getting a free beer from these guys.
She told me to wait and see. Just then, an official U2 tour security chief showed up and saw her, then told the bartender to give her what she wanted.
While they poured her beer, she showed me a backstage pass that she had stuck on the inside of her coat.
I then said "Is that real?"
She said " Yes THEY, (meaning her breasts), are real and I can get you backstage if you come back to the Hotel with me later"
She then told me what Hotel she was staying at, and she said the band was staying there too.
I asked her who she was related to in the band, and she said "Maybe Bono". I then pointed out to her that she had an Italian accent, and Bono is Irish.
This must have pissed her off, because she then led me over to the backstage area and they let her right in. She never looked back or said a word to the guard about letting me in.
Like an Idiot, I tried to follow her in saying that I was her son and of course it didn't work. The Security guard got a good laugh out of it though!
I wish I had taken a picture of her so maybe somebody here could identify her.
For all I know, she WAS related to Bono!
Something she said just before she disappeared backstage didn't sound right though.
She said the band was getting on the plane to go to Australia right after the show. Last time I checked those shows aren't until March!

Beer is more important than the show itself. tsk tsk:laugh:

Beer

No,
But I have seen several other shows this tour, so I wasn't missing too much!
To me, the show experience is much more than just what happens on the stage.
It's the whole night and everything that happens in it.........

Re: Beer

BONOVOX2019 said:
No,
But I have seen several other shows this tour, so I wasn't missing too much!
To me, the show experience is much more than just what happens on the stage.
It's the whole night and everything that happens in it.........
so very true. I actually ran to the bathroom durring SBS in Portland. But not peeing myself in public is more important than the show itself.:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom