rude fans in australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't matter how old you are, but if you want to sit, people shouldn't tell others to sit down. If you go to a concert people should expect others to stand... its not a movie!!!

BTW: I'm 40 and rocked, sang, jumped, screamed and yelled for 2 1/2 hrs. The 2 girls next to me that were like 20 something were dying and sat down quite a few times.

It all about what you feel like doing, but you can't expect others to do the same.

I think there always needs to be some respect shown, it does say in the ticket... to respect others around you and to not stand if you will be blocking other's view, If you had 2 elder ppl behind you.. who came along to enjoy u2, would you still stand infront of them?.. knowing they dont have the stamina to stand for over 2 hrs?.. there is nothing wrong with standing, but not if your going to totally destroy someone's view.. i dont stand if ppl behind me are seated, as its disrespectful... if i want to stand without any worry, i would be on the grass...

alot of ppl who wanted to stand at shows i went to, all went off into the aisles .. which is good manners i feel..

each to their own, but you shouldnt be ignorrant to others around you..

The way I see it is, there's the hard core fans who wait in the GA lines all day to get the good spots and to jump and sing along to the band they love, there's also those who payed good money to do the same in seating and then there is those who got tickets because they know a few of U2's "popular songs" and wanted to be able to say "Oh I saw U2" and then there are those who are lucky enough to get HANDED the tickets and be like.. "Oh... great" You win some you loose some. Some people are lucky enough to be sitting with fans and others with assholes. When I went to Green Day and the majority of fans in the stands were young and wanted to be there, everyone in my area stood and got right into it. Last night when I had a few looks around, you could see some sitting some standing and even in GA there was an older couple just standing there and staring not doing anything, didn't bother me though.

Generally, I ha a good experience. I met some great people in line - its amazing how long you can talk to complete strangers for! In the "inner zone" most people were great. There were a few pushy people. The only thing that annoys me are cameras. Why do you want to stare through a fucking lcd screen for half the night. Download pics of the net, they will be better than you can take. Just dont shove your camera in my way. Sorry to rant, its just a pain!

Yeah, it was annoying to have a camera in your face for a bit but I could see some people taking good photos and hopefully those people will put them online!

-Nikki

my first show in sydney was way at back, it was the only ticket i could get at the time, i was more near the handicap people sit!!!

all the way back, i thought oh well just sit down and watch it, i wouldnt have minded that, i would have seen the show anyway, but the lady in front of me decided to stand up the whole show, which meant i had to do the same anyway!

there was a guyi was 2 pple away from him, think i was sitting next to his gf.

anyway the guy infront jumps up outta the seat, and the guy thats near me, touches him with the walking stick, more or less telling him to sit down, i thought it was a bit unfair, but prehaps this guy couldnt stand for long periods, in the end the guy stood in the aisle and watched. When the show ended the guy with the stick shaked hands as a kind gesture in thanks, which i thought it was sweet.

Saturday i got into the ellipse, and i can tell you one thing, most the people there where fine up until 10mins b4 U2 went on stage, they got very agressive at me, i was being pushed from side to side, from being 2 pple from the front, to 5!! there were 2 lovely girls there they could see i was upset, tried to help me out, and i think one of there boyfriends took some pictures of adam, and the edge, as i was having a hard time. when they did there first goodbyes, most people thought it was finished, and i got closer about 2 pple from the front, but they just stayed on stage, didnt go along the runway, not my side anyway. but in the end i did enjoy myself, but i was exhausted the next day

my monday show was fine, i was on the balcony i could do what i liked, which was standing

i noticed last night a lot of people where sitting i thought, well you do what you like , im going to enjoy myself!!

i only sat down when they had breaks ,, to rest my legs!

U2SJ said:
SOmeone please tell me it wont be like this in Hawaii in section MM ? :wink:
Cuz there is no way in hell Im sitting down. :mad:

I in section NN on the side... NO WAY IN HELL I AM SITTING EITHER!! I'm old too! 42! I will pull people up with me if I have to!!

I'm in row 28 maybe that's the last row of my section... anybody know how many rows on the Orange level?

:rockon: :rockon:

Its a funny thing really the old seating issue. I can understand both sides, I mean if uv payed for the seats and want to/need to sit for some of the show then you should be allowed to and with a clear view too. However this is a rock concert and u should be allowed to stand and get into it out of your seat without people complaining.

This is why I go GA and why I will ABSOLTUELY NEVER pay for a seat at a u2 concert. I want to get into the show with people who want to get into it too. Even if ur working say and cant show up till late u can usually get a decent position and be able to see it. and to think seating tickets are more expensive too :coocoo:

JCOSTER said:
It doesn't matter how old you are, but if you want to sit, people shouldn't tell others to sit down. If you go to a concert people should expect others to stand... its not a movie!!!

BTW: I'm 40 and rocked, sang, jumped, screamed and yelled for 2 1/2 hrs. The 2 girls next to me that were like 20 something were dying and sat down quite a few times.

It all about what you feel like doing, but you can't expect others to do the same.

Right on:yes:

lol i know! Lazy Larry!!!

i didn't have a problem as i just turned arond to the people behind me at the once concert i had seats and said 'just letting you know, i will be dancing to all the songs, but i'll sit down for the slow ones' and they wer elike 'hell yeah we'll be dancing too!!!'

silver_boxster said:
Having seen all the shows in australia so far, I would like to comment on the lame behavior of many people in the stands as well as the peculiar security. In Brisbane, people in the stands wanted to sit down for the most part. Security there enforced that for about half the show. People at the Sydney shows were much cooler, except for the 5000 who tried to constantly get out of the stands and jump into GA, wrecking the view of everyone behind them. Finally in Adelaide, the people in the town itself are very nice. At the concert, they are the saddest bunch. They boo if you stand, even though half the people in stands are standing. Isnt that the most pathetic thing. My fiancee was assaulted by some old drunk guy who came down. The police had to get involved. 3 other people stood in front of me on seats. People were also constandly blocking my view as I had aisle seats near the field. They were trying to talk to the guard to get into GA. Half got in. This didnt happen at the 35 US shows I went to. As much as Americans are criticized for being rude, the Australians at a concert are much ruder. I mean who gets assaulted at a U2 concert for standing? If you want to sit and watch it, get a DVD and stay home.

http://forum.interference.com/t168431.html

I must dissagree with some of the oints made in these posts. I was GA in Adelaide, lined up all day with lovely people, played cards, drank a few beers and generally had a great time. There was a little pushing when the gates opened, but thats to be expected. We got in the elipse, just near B stage on Adams side. No one pushed or shoved, everyone had room to dance and jump around and EVERYONE was totally into the experience!!
At Melbourne 1 we had gold reserve - very back row on the end of the aisle so we could dance and jump around as much as we wanted - initially there was just people in the top couple of rows up on thier feet, but by a few songs in almost everyone around us was up singing and dancing. I only saw 3 people who sat down through the show. I don't know about this perception of aussie audiences as boring - I had two of the best nights of my life, and both nights it looked like everyone around me felt the same!!

I just read this thread title as "nude fans in australia" and I thought hmmm, I wonder if there are pics, so I had to come look. Alas, it's a thread about rude fans. Damn. :mad: :shifty: :D

I went to Melbourne 2 and didnt see or experience one rude person at all. In fact the crowd really got into it. And the security was fantastic and well organised.

Back
Top Bottom