Piano guy on "Yahweh"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michaelwmitchel

The Fly
This may be old news, but I just never got around to posting it on Interference.

At the December 14th show in St. Louis, I was the guy who got to play Piano during "yahweh". one of if not THE most amazing 5 minutes of my entire life.

This was my 9th U2 show and last for 2005 and to end it by playing on stage with my absolute favorite band was breathtaking. I still think of it almost like it was a dream :)

Everything was great until after the song ended and Bono wanted to keep it going and started telling me to "Play it like a bell". When i was actually up there, and sense i didnt have headphones on, i just could not for the life of me make out what he was saying. I got kinda confused but then Edge saved me.
They both gave me big hugs and Bono even shouted "Thank you Michael" on the microphone as i ran and leaped back down the ellipse.
It was wonderful

Hey, if ANYBODY has photos or video clips of this...PLEASE email me.....I would SO appriciate it!
mikeisi@AOL.com

God bless
Michael Mitchell
(nashville, TN)

michaelwmitchel said:
This may be old news, but I just never got around to posting it on Interference.

At the December 14th show in St. Louis, I was the guy who got to play Piano during "yahweh". one of if not THE most amazing 5 minutes of my entire life.

This was my 9th U2 show and last for 2005 and to end it by playing on stage with my absolute favorite band was breathtaking. I still think of it almost like it was a dream :)

Everything was great until after the song ended and Bono wanted to keep it going and started telling me to "Play it like a bell". When i was actually up there, and sense i didnt have headphones on, i just could not for the life of me make out what he was saying. I got kinda confused but then Edge saved me.
They both gave me big hugs and Bono even shouted "Thank you Michael" on the microphone as i ran and leaped back down the ellipse.
It was wonderful

Hey, if ANYBODY has photos or video clips of this...PLEASE email me.....I would SO appriciate it!
mikeisi@AOL.com

God bless
Michael Mitchell
(nashville, TN)

Awesome story Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BIGGEST CONGRATS TO YOU!!!:wink: Must of been quite surreal to be up there with the biggest and best band on this planet who also happened to be the band you love the most! I can only imagine!

If I run across any pics I will send their your way..

You may want to try this site: http://www.flickr.com/groups/u2log/pool/
Tons of pics from the tour in there!

Michael! You were awesome! No worries about the "bell" thing. My favorite part was you frolicking back to your spot at the end, classic! St. Louis was also my 9th and final U2 show for this tour. I have some pictures of you. Click on the dutchbingo link in my signature and then click My Albums and you'll see a U2 album. I also have more that aren't in that album, but they're on my computer at home so I'll post them for you later.

Hey Dutchbingo guy.
Thanks so much for the pics!! Love them. Defianlty let me know when you get your other's posted.

Hey curious..(sorry to be picky) but u dont happen to have a higher resolution of those do you? or are those the full size?

thanks man!
God bless
Michael
mikeisi@AOL.com

Hey Michael, I know you!

Like I said before, couldn`t have happened to a nicer guy. I am still sooooooo happy for you!

Hope you are doing well!
:hug:

Michael - you were great
there were quite a few people from this site that were in GA that night - I'm sure someone got a couple pictures (not me as the evil security stole my batteries - still bitter :madspit: )

U2Wedge...

how do you know me? someone in syracuse ? my bro used to go to school there? :)

God bless
Michael

Back
Top Bottom