People Get Ready!!! Dedicated to Me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njelevation06

War Child
I am still in shock ... every show I go to I bring a sign that says "People Get Ready C-Am-F" ... every show Bono has seen it and given me a wave or a shout. Tonight at the show (Philly 10/17), Bono came on stage and asked "where is the guy with the sign, people get ready ... this one's for you" I was in total shock ... and the Boss came out to play.... it was surreal .... whoever was there so me go crazy at the tip of the ellipse...Bono dedicating a song to me played by the band and Bruce ... unreal ... Thanks U2!!!! I'll be sure to thank him at Penn when he comes Friday (I'm a studen there)

Yes i saw you!.... i was right down the rail.. I posted a clip already in audio video...not great quality but none the less!

I posted a pretty good quality 4 minute clip in Audio/Video ... what an encore!

That's awesome! But ... I really must ask why you have a People Get Ready sign rather than a sign for a U2 tune that hasn't been played in ages. I mean, why not an A Sort Of Homecoming sign or a One Tree Hill sign or a Dirty Day sign?

njelevation06 said:
I am still in shock ... every show I go to I bring a sign that says "People Get Ready C-Am-F" ... every show Bono has seen it and given me a wave or a shout. Tonight at the show (Philly 10/17), Bono came on stage and asked "where is the guy with the sign, people get ready ... this one's for you" I was in total shock ... and the Boss came out to play.... it was surreal .... whoever was there so me go crazy at the tip of the ellipse...Bono dedicating a song to me played by the band and Bruce ... unreal ... Thanks U2!!!! I'll be sure to thank him at Penn when he comes Friday (I'm a studen there)

Congratulations! :hyper: :up:.

NJelevation, were you the guy on the rail in the Joshua Tree tour t-shirt?

Well, even if that wasn't you, all I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH, for your magic sign. This was the only show I'm seeing this leg, and was my first GA concert, and People Get Ready was absolutely the highlight of the show! Thank you, and Thank U2, and THANK BRUCE!

Lancemc said:
NJelevation, were you the guy on the rail in the Joshua Tree tour t-shirt?

Well, even if that wasn't you, all I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH, for your magic sign. This was the only show I'm seeing this leg, and was my first GA concert, and People Get Ready was absolutely the highlight of the show! Thank you, and Thank U2, and THANK BRUCE!

that wasn't me with the Joshua Tree Tour Shirt ... I was wearing a University of Pennsylvania Shirt ... hopefulyl I'll get to thank Bono in person when he comes this Friday , , , still can't believe this happened . amazing!!!

Miroslava said:
Really? :hyper:

Who gave it to him?

Posted by SectionBgirl92 at Zootopia:
Bono was really playful with the crowd, taking a longstem rose from a fan, taking a flag and checking it out, and then saying "we like this" and kept it, takin a blue wristband from someone just to our right and saying "What's this, I'll have to check this out, there are a lot of cults out there you know", big laugh from the crowd. And of course, it was very cool that he brought the Zootopians for Peace banner onstage.

:hmm:

Queen Bee said:

Posted by SectionBgirl92 at Zootopia:

:hmm:
I did some free advertising for the campaign.......I clipped out your signature and taped it and put a pin on the back and wore it.........I shook hands with Bono that Sunday afternoon:yes:
<---------------see avatar
344%3C8%3C2%3B23232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3235%3E78%3A%3E6%3C4%3EWSNRCG%3D323237%3C45%3A65%3Anu0mrj

Awesome NJElevation! :applaud:!!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations! You know that's going to be a memory you cherish for the rest of your life. That show was so amazing, and by the end of Fast Cars, I didn't think it could get any better. Talk about huge surprises!

Hey I seen you with the sign you were like 4 people to the right of me right on the rail. Now as far as the blue bracelet that was the night before and my friend that I was with gave it to him. My friend is a big Rolling Stones fan and their big message board is Shidobbee and it was a Shidoobee wrist band. It was funny because Bono was like "what do we have here this maybe a cult thing Ill have to check on this later" and put it in his back pocket me and my friend were dien laughing. Hey it pays off from sleeping out from saturday night at 11 for both shows. Best 2 nights of my life by far

wow, that is so cool! congratulations, and what an amazing, amazing, show. I am still in shock.

Back
Top Bottom