party girl--the 1st hand account

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for sharing your story! That's amazing and soon will be on DVD. Soo cool. I love all the details and you weren't clear did you get to shake Larry's hand??? I know I need help. Just hoping you got to:drool:

WOW Laura! Fantastic! I was so happy when you got up there (I was only there on the 9th). The look on Bono's face when he asked you what you wanted to play and you said "I want to play Party Girl" - it was priceless! You were awesome...and I hope to relive those Chicago memories on the DVD :applaud:

~Alli (the Asian girl who camped out for both the 7th and the 9th shows...and one of the girls who brought the Krispy Kremes :)

Laura, congratulations for doing what you did!!
I think my heart would just stop right there :combust: :wink:

Seeing pics of you here and getting texts from Erin was just amazing. You're such lucky chickas ;)

Btw, I wanna sign up for the "giant girl club", have the height but I can't play guitar though :(

It's amazing how one fan's good fortune brings the rest of us such joy!!! Wonderful story. September seems soooo far away!

:wink: :applaud: :rockon: :yes: Wow Stories/Laura-Thank you for sharing your story!! What an incrediable experince that Must have been-twice!!!!:drool: U Lucky, Lucky Tall girl!!1 ha-lol!:bono: :giggle:

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
WOW Laura! Fantastic! I was so happy when you got up there (I was only there on the 9th). The look on Bono's face when he asked you what you wanted to play and you said "I want to play Party Girl" - it was priceless! You were awesome...and I hope to relive those Chicago memories on the DVD :applaud:

~Alli (the Asian girl who camped out for both the 7th and the 9th shows...and one of the girls who brought the Krispy Kremes :)

that was the best thing EVER. nothing like krispy kreme when you've been outside in the cold for 12 hours NOT sleeping! you rock!

redkat~i did shake larry's hand. we all joked that getting on stage was the only way to meet the man! heh...

Thank you! I am officially green with envy you have had an encounter with each of them. Both Edge and Bono's guitars in your hands alone make that an awesome experience. You're grandchildren will be telling that story:happy:

Hi Laura,

You probably won't remember me but we met in Cleveland when Elevation Canada was playing at the HardRock.

Anyway, that is SOME story. I can't believe it happened to you twice! No way could I have held it together. Amazing! You'd better not go out in a lightening storm! ;)

Catlady said:
I already said this on another thread somewhere but I will say it again--Laura you are the luckiest girl in the world! Great job both nights.

P.S. my brother in law and I were behind you on Saturday night and he kept saying...that girl must be standing on something LOL :)

On the 7th? I remember you. I was in the pink/black shirt, standing on Laura's right.

yep, we were behind you guys (one row back). I was my first GA experience so I had no idea what to expect...and it was SO COOL.

A picture for you

Hello Partygirl, I hope you like the picture. If you want a copy of this let me know.

U2Peace

Attachments

• party girl (3) b.jpg
    party girl (3) b.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom