party girl--the 1st hand account

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laura _ was there both nights and thought you did an amazing - wonderful - the coolest thing in the world job - very proud to be a part of the u2 fan community with you up there :D - great job

This is a *great*, great story and that is a super cool pic of you in Bono's shades! I can't wait until they release the DVD...:drool:

Hey Laura,

During the Monday show, I was standing next to Tim ( to his left), and guess what? I had a camera, and you were right in front of me. You can view some of the photos here (my girlfriend's website):

home.uchicago.edu/~romy

I think I probably have about 6 or 7 high-res pics total. I tried to take some photos as you were being let back into the crowd, but it was very pushy then, so they got blurry, but I can send those to you as well. You did an aweseme job!

also, check out my other webpage:

elevation01.tripod.com (just for fun)

Enjoy!
Louis

Lila64 said:
:applaud: :hyper: :applaud:

Does anyone have video of Laura's 2nd performance? I only saw the first night (and a pic of night 2).

:drool:

check the audio/video section

someone has put a few songs from 5/10 up on torrent, and one of them is party girl, and its awesome

Laura you rock! Thanks for representing all of us tall girls so well. I loved reading your account. It leaves me with a big old grin. :D

cool amazing story...i just can't imagine spending 10 minutes on stage with the band!!!!!

thanks for sharing that with everybody. hopefully we'll all get to see it on the dvd!

"...and next thing I know I’m being hoisted up onto the stage."

Hahaha, that's where I come in. Thank you Laura for my most memorable person hoisting experience.

Seriously though, I was right there and saw it all. Bono loved it! We all loved it in that section! Congrats and SWEEEEEEEEEET!

Hey Laura! It's Bridget from the first 3 shows...I got some pickshas:

13900598_3d30b2a218.jpg

and

13499103_6fbf4a95f1.jpg

The rest are here.

:up: what an amazing experience!!! Thanks for all the glorious details......*waits patiently for the DVD*

Miroslava said:
Tall Girls are best!! :love:

Laura, I was so bummed that I missed your performances as I was only there on the 7th but I was to happy to hear you had gone up!!!! Congratulations and once again, yay for Bono lovin' us tall girls!! :cute:

I'm going to have to practice my guitar for September...I'm already really tall!

Every guitar playing U2 fan is now desperately learning Party Girl, in hopes... ;)

Great job! And congrats on all of it! It's good it was you & not me, cuz I think I'd spontaneously combust if I was getting hugs & kisses from Bono! :ohmy:

Wow, that is the coolest story ever! I wish I had been there on 5/9 and 5/10, I was only there for 5/7... would have loved to have seen ya! You were part of U2 for ten minutes. A part of the greatest band ever and it seems like you were right at home! :rockon: hope you make it on the DVD!

Maybe they should start pulling fans up to play Acrobat... :wink: if you want U2 to play a song, learn how to play it yourself, I guess. :D

Stories For Boys one of the best fan stoies ever posted:up:

She needs to change her name to:
"Stories For The Masses"

db9:wink:

thanks so much, you guys...i seriously keep blushing...

if you have pics, etc, my email is u2babyface9 @ yahoo.com...i'd highly appreciate it. esp the high res ones (so i can print and frame them like the giant dork i am!--and i mean giant ;))

This is my first post, and I just had to make it here. Thank you, Laura (a.k.a. the beautiful giant), for sharing your story of your awesome concert experience. I am so happy for you and amazed at the poise you had to actually remember the chords and play the full song!!! Congratulations. :) I have been living vicariously through others since I am presently out of the country and can't get to any shows. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE for the stories, photos, video footage. You people are great. Keep 'em coming! Muchas gracias mis amigos y amigas. :)

Hey Laura, if you're think you're blushing now, just wait for the DVD, cause if you make it, and I don't see why they wouldn't want to put it on there somewhere, you will be forever immortalized as "PARTY GIRL, providing hope for U2 fans everywhere that they to can play with the band"

I met some people during my visit to Van 1/2 who disliked interference for certain reasons which I won't go into here. But threads like this and the people who post are what make this place special not the past fiascos by others, we make up the interference community and like turt2u, one of our newest members wrote, thanks to everyone for sharing their pictures, experiences and feelings. :hug:

Stories for Boys said:
thanks so much, you guys...i seriously keep blushing...

if you have pics, etc, my email is u2babyface9 @ yahoo.com...i'd highly appreciate it. esp the high res ones (so i can print and frame them like the giant dork i am!--and i mean giant ;))

beautiful giant ;)

Your story was amazing to read. I'm so happy for you and I'm sure it's an experience you'll never forget! Congrats!

Laura - WOW. :ohmy: What more can be said? I hope your performance does make it to DVD, so that A) I can buy a copy & witness your amazing stroke of luck with my own eyes and B) because from what everyone's said, you're a beautiful person who deserves the fame this will bring you!! :cool:
Congratulations on living the dream of at least 18327489172384732840928340 people!!!! :up: :D

I already said this on another thread somewhere but I will say it again--Laura you are the luckiest girl in the world! Great job both nights.

P.S. my brother in law and I were behind you on Saturday night and he kept saying...that girl must be standing on something LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom