our Amsterdam3 experience, our lucky day - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2005, 07:06 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:09 AM
our Amsterdam3 experience, our lucky day

Yersterday,I went with a friend(soul waits) to Amsterdam and try if we would get lucky enough to be able to buy some tix (at a reasonal price)
We were there at about 17.30 but didn't see too many tickets for sale (none really)
After we made a sign, we were approched a couple of times but they asked too high prices (170 and 200€ for 1 GA)
We waited some more (sat on the steps and chatted) and around 19.30 we went for another walk. There were'nt too many ppl around anymore, only a few others who still needed tix, so we ended up near the boxoffice although there was nobody there.
We saw a group of ppl at a door and while we were wondering what they were doing there (did the sell tix over there maybe?).
they had iron cases on the floor (like instrument cases) so I thought maybe they are crew from the opening act

Suddenly a woman comes straight to us and holds out 2 tix, we were pleased with anything at this moment as long as it wasn't too high a price.
So we asked what tix did she have, we figured GA's wouldn't be that great at this time (way in the back of the venue) but as I said at this time anything was welcome.
She sort of pushed these tix even closer under our nose and she said, yeah, these are only just GA's.
We said ok, how much do you want for these? And she said Oh no, you get these for FREE, there are from the recordcompany and we have 2 left overs.
We were like jumping up and down, screaming woohaaa

We just couldn't believe this was happening to us.
We gave this lady a big hug and rushed for the doors.
The other ppl who still had wanted-signs came closer but this was our lucky day

Well the rest is history,one of the best gigs ever (pitty about the bad sound but we couldn't care less)
Ms Sarajevo's first appearance this tour and we got Original which I always wanted to hear live (they didn't play tha t in Brussels or at Croke 1)

i'm still so excited just thinking about what happended to us and what a fabulous day it was, I had a great time (thank you so much soulwaits ) and it will be in my memory for ever!

Old 07-17-2005, 07:09 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: our Amsterdam3 experience, our lucky day

Quote:
Originally posted by greety
Yersterday,I went with a friend(soul waits) to Amsterdam and try if we would get lucky enough to be able to buy some tix (at a reasonal price)
We were there at about 17.30 but didn't see too many tickets for sale (none really)
After we made a sign, we were approched a couple of times but they asked too high prices (170 and 200€ for 1 GA)
We waited some more (sat on the steps and chatted) and around 19.30 we went for another walk. There were'nt too many ppl around anymore, only a few others who still needed tix, so we ended up near the boxoffice although there was nobody there.
We saw a group of ppl at a door and while we were wondering what they were doing there (did the sell tix over there maybe?).
they had iron cases on the floor (like instrument cases) so I thought maybe they are crew from the opening act

Suddenly a woman comes straight to us and holds out 2 tix, we were pleased with anything at this moment as long as it wasn't too high a price.
So we asked what tix did she have, we figured GA's wouldn't be that great at this time (way in the back of the venue) but as I said at this time anything was welcome.
She sort of pushed these tix even closer under our nose and she said, yeah, these are only just GA's.
We said ok, how much do you want for these? And she said Oh no, you get these for FREE, there are from the recordcompany and we have 2 left overs.
We were like jumping up and down, screaming woohaaa

We just couldn't believe this was happening to us.
We gave this lady a big hug and rushed for the doors.
The other ppl who still had wanted-signs came closer but this was our lucky day

Well the rest is history,one of the best gigs ever (pitty about the bad sound but we couldn't care less)
Ms Sarajevo's first appearance this tour and we got Original which I always wanted to hear live (they didn't play tha t in Brussels or at Croke 1)

i'm still so excited just thinking about what happended to us and what a fabulous day it was, I had a great time (thank you so much soulwaits ) and it will be in my memory for ever!
You're one lucky bastard, greety! I'm happy, that you had a great time!

Btw. How was OOTS?

Old 07-17-2005, 07:12 AM   #3
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:09 AM
Make that 2 lucky bastards

OOTS was UN-BE-LIEVABLE! Truly, it sounded so good even though we were at a spot in the standing area where the sound was pretty bad (allthough I had the impression that the sound improved as the evening went on).

The guitars, piano, voice - everything came together so well on this song that I'm genuinly wondering why they're not playing it more often.

Lol, after the song ended (during which I cried, btw, I cried during the last 3 songs) I said "now Bono, was *that* so hard?"
Old 07-17-2005, 07:12 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Nice one Greety....Congrats to Soul Waits too, I know how much u wanted another gig!
Old 07-17-2005, 07:16 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by the soul waits

OOTS was UN-BE-LIEVABLE! Truly, it sounded so good even though we were at a spot in the standing area where the sound was pretty bad (allthough I had the impression that the sound improved as the evening went on).

The guitars, piano, voice - everything came together so well on this song that I'm genuinly wondering why they're not playing it more often.

Lol, after the song ended (during which I cried, btw, I cried during the last 3 songs) I said "now Bono, was *that* so hard?"
Old 07-17-2005, 09:59 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by the soul waits

that is great....what a night what a show
Old 07-17-2005, 10:22 AM   #7
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Wow, that's fantastic!

neutral @ interference.com
Old 07-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:09 PM
yay for you!!!! what a great story
Old 07-18-2005, 02:57 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm really happy for you Greety
Old 07-18-2005, 10:31 AM   #10
War Child

Good for you Greety..
Where the sound was concerned; I was wearing my earplugs (tailormade).. sound was great with the plugs..
Great night, great show... Loved every second of it...
Old 07-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #11
Refugee

great story!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:31 AM   #12
War Child

Wonderful! See, not all people working for record companies are monsters!