Off We Go.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
Well,

Thanks to all those that helped. Many on here were of giant consequence. I am on my way to pick up my wife from work. She thinks we are going to a minor league baseball game tonight. Are we? Oh no. Where are we going you ask? Well, after I accidentally get lost and mad and pull into the airport to turn around...she will discover 2 GA tickets for tomorrow night at the United Center. Bags will already be packed in the back, reservations made.

So again, thanks to those that helped for allowing me to give the best anniversary gift to my loving and wonderful wife Laurie. She is everything to me, and I am so glad I can do this for her.

I will see you all Tuesday for the Birthday Party. We are about to get Vertigo.

Aww I'm really happy for you cmb737! That is certainly a most excellent Anniversary surprise :applaud:
Wish I could be joining you at the party on Tue...is it anyone special who's having a birthday? ;)

That is so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

U2NSTLOU said:
WOW! Why can't I find a man like you! I hope you both have a great time. Happy anniversary. :applaud:

She found me in a GA line PHX 2 Elevation. It's all in where you look. :wink:

You better return with full details! We want a report! I'm excited for you!!! You sound like a wonderful guy. Get some pictures too!!!:up:

Well, here I am at 2 in the morning writing on my friends laptop after just getting a bite to eat on the way home from Vertigo Chicago 3.

The wife was absolutely stunned and didn't believe me when I told her what she was really doing last night, not the baseball game after all. She only realized once I pulled into the parking garage! We got into Chicago a bit late (after midnight) and took the train all the way across town to our friends house. Today was filled with swinging by the United Center to meet someone that was selling us a ticket and waiting to see the band. We waited about an hour and fifteen minutes, witnessed everyone singing Happy Birthday for the everpresent DVD filming crew. There were probably 150-200 people waiting to meet the band at the loading dock (at least half of the GA line) and we decided that even if they did stop they would only shake a few hands and bail. We were wrong, we found out after we left that Bono spent about 45 minutes glad handing fans and signing autographs. Oh well, our afternoon was MUCH better spent having a nice late lunch, visiting Navy Pier, the Virgin Megastore, and general sightseeing in downtown Chicago. After the craziest cab ride ever we managed to get into the ellipse (how great!) and are promptly interviewed by the DVD crew. They want to hear about the surprise trip, and how we met at a U2 show...well maybe you will all see us on the DVD. Great show, lousy bomb shelter crowd. I am going on record as saying the crowd is terrible in general inside the bomb shelter. If it weren't for the comfort it provides, it would totally not be worth it. Anyhow...the music was phenomenal (Party Girl, Vertigo twice, Original of the Species), were sprayed by Bono Birthday Champagne. Got tons of great pics...will post when I get home to my own computer.

Well, all for now...Laurie's Day Off in Chicago continues tomorrow with a game at Wrigley Field.

Oh WOW!!! :love: how amazing!!
I'm so happy for you both to have had such an experience and that your present worked out so well.
I bet you'll be featured on the DVD because your story is unique!

:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom