Oakland 11-9 - Ellipse Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Phew, I think I'm getting too old for this! I am TIRED!

Had a fabulous time at the show. Got there around 2:30pm or so, met up with Reggie Thee Dog and Diemen. Tried to wait to meet the band, but alas, 5:45pm came and no sign of them so we went back to the line. The line was pretty organized. I watched as about 20 or so people before me got their tickets scanned and no ellipse.. I held my breath and VERTIGO VERTIGO VERTIGO! Weeeeeeeeeeee so I chose the back rail in the ellipse since I've already seen the show from the front row.

Anyway I'll shut up now and post some pics! I'll post the best ones/ones I like, the rest are in the gallery here:

http://forum.interference.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/653

Opening band was not bad at all, I like Reggae so I enjoyed them!

16867dmarley-med.jpg

My view from my spot

16867allfour-med.jpg

16867allfour2-med.jpg

COBL Bono comes out

16867bonocobl1.jpg

16867bonocobl-med.jpg

16867bonoflag.jpg

16867edgedark.jpg

16867edgeclose2.jpg

16867edgeellipse1.jpg

This one is hilarious. Bono got PISSED! Some guy was throwing water at him and all I could see is Bono's lips mouthing at him and pointing going "fuck ________ fucking __________ fucker ________" LOL :yikes:

16867bonopissed.jpg

:
16867bonoellipse1.jpg

Adam's Butt (for neutral)

16867adamback.jpg

16867bonoadamback.jpg

16867bonoadamback2.jpg

16867adamside.jpg

Bono pulls up a girl during WOWY

:
16867wowygirl2.jpg

:
16867wowygirl.jpg

And that's about all I have stamina for tonite! Enjoy!!!

Oh yeah, I also video taped some of Miss Sarajevo with my camera before I got busted :yikes:

I'll try to see if I can get that up tomorrow nite.

WOOHOO!!
Awesome pictures, Sicy!!

I especially :heart: the two below.

Sicy said:
COBL Bono comes out

16867bonocobl1.jpg

16867bonocobl-med.jpg

Yesterday I was in a seat and when the show started, I was looking at all the confetti falling down, then to the the stage and totally missed Bono getting up there.
When I finally turned my attention to the tip of the ellipse, he had already miraculously appeared.

And today from the back of the floor, it looked just like that.
Of course, I know how he gets up there.
Still GREAT to see it captured on film!!!

Sicy said:
This one is hilarious. Bono got PISSED! Some guy was throwing water at him and all I could see is Bono's lips mouthing at him and pointing going "fuck ________ fucking __________ fucker ________" LOL :yikes:

16867bonopissed.jpg

:giggle:

I would have loved to have seen it from the side where you were standing!

Very funny indeed.

wait, youve been to two shows and been in the ellipse both times? im reallly happy for you :mad:

Sicy, lovely photos! But more than that, I love your attitude about where to position yourself at the GA floor. I wish I could be satisfied with having seen them up close once. :reject:

Chizip said:
wait, youve been to two shows and been in the ellipse both times? im reallly happy for you :mad:

Well grumpy butt, yes and its not like I had any control over that! :p I have been a fan for 19 years, seen them 6 times total in those 19 years and have been blessed to be able to be close like that finally after all these years. I've never met the band, nor ever been onstage but I am perfectly happy and content with what I have experienced. :heart: I was prepared to hang out in the back of GA since I feel so lucky to have gotten into the ellipse the first time. *pets you* :hug:

dizzy there was a small spot open in the front row on Adam's side when I got in there but I really wanted to experience the show from a different perspective. It was great to see LARRY that close... I have never ever been that close to Larry and I've had a mad crush on him all these years :drool:

Sicy!! What a great show last night, and what great pictures. Best moments: The stunned look on the girl's face after being pulled up during WOWY, and Adam's general playfulness all night. He was smiling and laughing, and at the end of Elevation (I think) he lifted his bass over his head and plucked the final note, I never laughed so hard!!

I got to see my favorite Sicilian Goddess, and I met Diemen, daafish, U2SJ, Spanish Eyes and hotpepper!!! Great show, great times, great people. I shall not forget this show!

Oh yeah, and Bono getting pissed at the water guy....classic!

Hey Sicy send me the picture from your camera phone gsoria1@yahoo.com. Thanks!!

Awesome pics Sicy!!!! We got in the ellipse too!!! it was a dream come true!!! And they played Bad at the end!! WHOOHOO!
Sicy I saw that whole thing with the water, it was actually a girl who started to wave her water bottle around and it hit Bono, she was towards the back too, I really felt so bad for her, she didnt realize what she was doing was WRONG and I think she was a true fan, when Bono looked so pissed she was devastated...well the next thing we saw was 4 of U2s top security was looking for her, in this time, we had moved around to the front of the ellipse on Adams side by the exit, and I saw her and her husband getting taken out of the ellipse, 2 security was in front of them and 2 behind them, she was hysterically crying, it was very sad...
BUt the show was fricken amazing!! My last show out of 4 and IN THE ELLIPSE!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!

U2SJ said:
Sicy I saw that whole thing with the water, it was actually a girl who started to wave her water bottle around and it hit Bono, she was towards the back too, I really felt so bad for her, she didnt realize what she was doing was WRONG and I think she was a true fan, when Bono looked so pissed she was devastated...well the next thing we saw was 4 of U2s top security was looking for her, in this time, we had moved around to the front of the ellipse on Adams side by the exit, and I saw her and her husband getting taken out of the ellipse, 2 security was in front of them and 2 behind them, she was hysterically crying, it was very sad...

Aah, that's too bad then. The Ellipse was hopping last night for sure. A lot of real fans! And when IWF and Gloria came on I saw a lot of people singing and dancing to those golden oldies!!

Great show.

Nice to meet you finally U2SJ, I'm glad you had a great time too!

U2SJ said:
Awesome pics Sicy!!!! We got in the ellipse too!!! it was a dream come true!!! And they played Bad at the end!! WHOOHOO!
BUt the show was fricken amazing!! My last show out of 4 and IN THE ELLIPSE!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!

:yikes:

That sucks if it was truly an accident... :(

And awesome pics Sicy! :hyper:

Adaaaaaaaam :drool:

Aww I didnt know that's how it went Marisa, that is sad :( It was awesome to see you guys and I was thinking about you during Bad!!! :D

I think the highlight for me was Gloria. I know a lot of people dont care for the song but I LOVE it and was sooo happy to hear it :combust:

Sicy said:
I think the highlight for me was Gloria. I know a lot of people dont care for the song but I LOVE it and was sooo happy to hear it :combust:

I can't tell you how much I've missed hearing that song in concert the past 18 years!! Gloria was great last night, and really Bono was struggling a bit, his voice was a bit fatigued, but he still hit that song like a champ!!

I need this show on for my iPod!!!

WEll dont know it was an "accident" either, I think she thought he would like it:huh: I dont know, but I know she wouldnt have done it if she wouldve realized how pissed off he gets, dont f*** with Bono while hes onstage!!!

Wow, fabulous pictures.:ohmy:

So what happened with the water? Someone was waving their water bottle and the water sprayed Bono or did the water bottle hit Bono??

Back
Top Bottom