Oakland 11-9 - Ellipse Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy - I'm so glad you got into the ellipse. Excellent photos.

It was great meeting you too! :wave:

I ended up about 4 or 5 people back on the other side of the ellipse form - saw you a couple of times in between the shoulders and heads in front of me. I got some decent photos and took some video of Stuck in a Moment. I'll try and get that uploaded one way or another. I'm so glad that song is part of the line-up.

Diemen, Reggie thee Dog and spanisheyes - it was a pleasure meeting you guys! I loved talking about U2 shows gone by. You are all so -->:cool:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Sicy was like the U2 Goddess of Goodwill and Love. It was fun to be around her! No exaggeration either!

Right back at you!! :hug:

Hey hotpepper! Glad you got a good spot!!

I'm with U2SJ, I'm still flying high. My friend, who went with me went home, tried to sleep, was so wired from the show that he just got up and pulled an allnighter into the day! He's begging me for more U2 stuff...oh, he's got the classics, but he wanted to know where he could find Fast Cars and Gloria!

What a great show, and how much damn fun is it to be in the Ellipse? It's a ton of fun!! :yes:

He could have reacted differently. They could have had a water fight.

:lmao:

You never know what is going to set him off! :drool: :yikes:

I'm sorry they threw them out, but I would have loved to hear Bono spew the fuckityfucks. :lmao:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I'm with U2SJ, I'm still flying high.

I'm suffering from concert-withdrawal.
I wish there was one more to go to tonight!

Reggie Thee Dog said:
My friend, who went with me went home, tried to sleep, was so wired from the show that he just got up and pulled an allnighter into the day!

WOW!
Really?!
I slept like a baby.
And was so exhausted that I stayed in bed till 11.30 AM.

Then when I stood up, every bone in my body was sore.
My legs are killing me!
I almost can't walk normal.

:no: :no: :no:
No alcohol, drugs or sex involved.
It's all the blame on Rock 'n' Roll.
Or maybe it was my shoes.

I liked my platform heels yesterday.
'Cause they made me taller, so I could see more.
But they were definitely not made to dance on all night.
Let alone 2 nights in a row.
So today is a whole other story.

Yeah, my ass is still a little sore from sitting on the sidewalk/barricades all day in the GA line.

I love how GOOD it feels to sit down in your car after a concert. :D

You know it's kinda like "you're ruining my muse!!" I think if he was expecting it, or initiated it no problem. When it was done from behind he got pissed, and of course he always likes a good fight too! Makes for a dramatic moment, that's for sure.

I've read other reviews and everyone said it was obvious Bono was still not feeling well at all. He still had a cold, and so the water on him was not good. That's probably why he seemed to overreact.

Last edited:
If I were Bono, I would be concerned that it wasn't water being thrown on me. It could have been anything being thrown on him. Also keep in mind the amount of electronics that he has on his body at any time which could get shorted out by water.

As I was reminded at a tragically hip concert a few years ago by a security guard next to the stage: "Let the band do their thing and everyone goes home in one piece"

-dave

irishdove said:
I've read other reviews and everyone said it was obvious Bono was still not feeling well at all. He still had a cold, and so the water on him was not good. That's probably why he seemed to overreact.

A cold or a hangover from what I heard...:ohmy: He definitely had problems hitting some high notes on Wednesday, but his singing was still incredible.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
He definitely had problems hitting some high notes on Wednesday, but his singing was still incredible.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Hey Diemen he really pushed the woo hoo's in BTBS and Bad. He also missed the high parts on another song, but it is totally escaping me. It wasn't terrible or even all the noticeable to most fans.

I noticed he was struggling with some of those high notes too.
Can't for the life of me remember which other song he was having problems with.
But I do recall him almost giving up somewhere.
Like almost stopping, swallowing and continueing.
I remember holding on to my heart hoping and praying to God that he would survive the opera part in Miss Sarajevo without trouble.

Sicy said:
I heard he was drunk as a skunk the night before :giggle:

U2SJ said:
Yep :lol: Thats what I heard too :wink:

:hmm:
I don't care what you heard.
What I wanna know is:
how come they didn't let me know where the party was at?

Didn't they know: I was READY!!
READY for the PARTY!!

Next time they better not forget to invite me.
O well, their loss!

;)

Last edited:
No, seriously, where did you hear that?
And did you by any chance also hear where they partied at?
That's what I would like to know.

Some-one who went to the LA concerts told me that when they talked to one of the crew there, that crew member had said that they were all (U2 + crew) looking forward to going to SF/Oakland, 'cause it's a good place to party or that they always like to party while here.
Something to that extend.

Oh g-suz Miri, I was so hung over on Wednesday. Never drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol on a mostly empty stomach. Even experienced drinkers like me can't handle it. I haven't been hungover in years.

As for U2 they partied it up at teh 4-Seasons Hotel. Someone in at the show was saying that they saw the motorcade going there and then I think someone else said they ran into the band who looked worse for wear at some point during Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. But that's all I know.

Miri, I'm bummed we all didn't get to meet you. But I had a great time just hangin' Sicy, Diemen and Daafish!

The SF Chronicle's gossip person confirmed in Thursday's edition that they (not sure if all were there or not) were at the Four Seasons tossing a few back with Winona Ryder and Sean Penn on Tuesday night after the show.

Back
Top Bottom