No Encore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redsox04 said:

You never like to see shit like this, but it basically "parted the sea" and allowed me to me move right up to the base of the ellipse (I know, selfish bastard).

I would have done exactly the same thing. There has got to be a better way to work out a disagreement on the floor than to start a shoving match that turns in a brawl. Their loss is your gain.

And to keep things on topic, no, I don't believe there was an encore, it was more like 2 long sets with a short break in between.

Maybe I can settle this encore thing. I was second row in the Ellipse, right in the middle. Both times when they were going to take an encore, Larry waved them off. Then they asked him something, and he shook his head and said "let's just keep going." Or at least that's what I read on his lips. It was kind of funny because it made it seem like he was the one in charge.

It was very clear from up front that they just skipped the encores. And I actually preferred it.

Just posted this in the review section. As I was sitting in traffic this morning, a guy called in to Mark and Brian radio show to mention that it was indeed technical problems that were behind the band's decision to do one large set without an encore. The 'break' they took, I imagine, was to attempt to fix the technical problems. Apparently, they just wanted to work through it and get done with the show in one swoop. Hence, no traditional enore.

SoCalMusicLover said:
GA Floor Ticket for U2 Concert - $60

Waiting in line All Day to be closer to stage - $0

Getting kicked out for fighting prior to one note being played -

Priceless!

that was YOU! i heard about the fight...i was on the other side of the floor so i couldn't see. what a pity...

oh sorry, my bad...i didn't read the earlier posts. so it wasn't you SoCalMusicLover...sorry.

Which guy were you... the one that got medical attention afterwards or the one that was with the woman?

True, there was no encore. I heard that they get fined for playing past 11pm at the Pond. Just like the Hollywood Bowl. Lame.

Back
Top Bottom