NJ 1 & 2...I'm late...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdragonfly

Acrobat
I know its been 3 weeks already...( I can't believe it). I already had a ticket for the 2nd Jersey show. But something compelled me at the last minute to try for 5/17. After trying E-bay...and all that yadda, yadda, yadda. A co-worker's brother (scalper) had a single seat left. This is now 3 hrs before showtime! I run home from work send him the money and print out the tix.

Now the shuttle bus from NY was new to me, not a bad deal at all. I made it to the Arena in one piece. Great seat, center ice, third row from the floor. The ellipse was surpisingly close. There is more..met another fan who came solo, very cool!

But on to the pics. I apologize, this was the first time using my digital camera.
:ohmy:
521fb150.jpg

nj12.jpg

NJ 2...Awesome view! I got closer to the stage by the end of the show. Gloria and Bad:drool:

Another shuttle experience, I got there as KOL did their thing...Met more good people. Especially afterwards, A girl came from Dublin came just to see them on the East Coast, NJ1&2, MSG, and Philly2. Since I went to the shows alone it was good to bounce ideas off some one else. (My friends were either to concerned with how many 80's songs would be done or could't afford it.) But I was able to rock out so that was cool!:rockon: And she was able to convince me to go to MSG! Three shows in one week. My co-workers thought I had lost it.:eyebrow: On to the pics...
DSCN0225.jpg

DSCN0228.jpg

Sorry for the babbling! I looked over the NY pics, I'll post one. I was at the back of the mixing boards and the VIP area. So most are of the graphics you've seen already. It was a good show. Still think NJ 2 was the best.

However I did get to meet Gavin Friday. He was very sweet. There was a special needs boy in my section and he spent time with him talking about U2 and taking pictures with him and his mom. Gavin even pulled in Guggi to take some pics with him. I didn't get to meet Guggi even though I was 10 inches from him. I had pointed them out to Joanie (the girl from Dublin, NJ 2). She was shocked that I knew who Gavin and Guggi were. I told her about Interference.com, and that's how I know who they are. She couldn't believe anyone outside of Dublin knows about them.:wink: The internet...amazing stuff!

Hope everyone enjoys their shows, past and future. Jess
DSCN0273.jpg

Great pictures - I was at NJ 2 - it really was a great show! Looking forward to three shows at MSG in the fall - Thanks for posting them!:dance:

Great Pictures!!! I was at NJ1, thanks for posting them and allowing me to think about how great the show was, It brightened my day.

Jdragonfly said:

I'm in the bottom left-hand corner holding that whitish sign. It said "People Get Ready C-Am-F ... Bono saw it during LAPOE, pointed at me, and smiled!! He remembered me from the Philly Gig
:wink:

njelevation06 said:
that shot is during streets.

Thanks for that...My mind is blank about that first show. I swear!

Pookybear, I sent an email w/ a pic from NJ2.
Was there one specifically you had in mind? Let me know. BTW: where were you? I was sec 111, row 20....eventually row 3
Jess

Back
Top Bottom