New GA Information regarding ellipse from Philly - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 07:36 AM
New GA Information regarding ellipse from Philly

I went to Philly last night and was able to get 2 GA's with no problem for face value and then had trouble selling my 2 lower levels for face value. I thought these tickets were so impossible, not last night. I stayed in the parking lot until around 8 with friends and 3 of us went into the arena with GA's and they would not scan our tickets. They said the ellipse was full and they were shutting down the labtops. This is B-Shit, they have a statement that this system allows everyone a fair chance, not the case for me and 2 others. They know how many GA's are sold, ever ticket should be scanned. Also, the back of the floor was clearing out after Mysterious Ways. This was my 3rd show of the tour and the band needs to improve on their standard 1 night set, it is so predictable and the flow of the concert can be so much better. They have the arena going crazy and then the air is let out by playing Yaweah then 40. I will never complain about the which songs are played, that is a no win situation, but make the setlist flow to keep up with the fans. I tailgated with around 20 people and after the concert everyone said the same thing, the concert really slowed down and almost became very boring. I love U2 and have seen them numerous times and they are so great live but this tour lacks the consistent energy throughout the concert vs Elevation or any other tour. There are so many highlights and Bono sounded awesome but fix the flow of the setlist. I will probably give it another shot this week, but last night was the first time I left a U2 concert a little hungry for more energy and excitement from the band. The reviews of Chicago 4 are awesome, why do they need to play 4 shows in 1 city to get that great concert. They have the ability every night and we are paying the ticket prices, make it happen night after night. A little variety and not so much predictability will give the band more energy. It seems that last night they are a little bored with the set, switch it up and this tour will go down in the history books. I think Chicago 4 is the perfect example. Everyone is going nuts with excitement and there are no compaints about that show, I have not read one!! Why? Not so predictable and the flow of the setlist was amazing! Gives the band and fans lots of energy, including the die-hards and the casual fans.

Old 05-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:36 AM
95% of the fans going to the shows dont know the setlist beforehand, "mixing it up" really only interests the diehards

they should play their best possible setlist as much as they can

it only slows down for the last 2 songs, Yahweh and 40. U2 has always like to have a concert end with slower songs, with the only exception being the Elevation Tour, and its not like Walk On is a huge rocker.

Anybody that leaves a concert during mysterious ways really isnt a fan anyway.

Old 05-15-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 02:36 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that they can't be 100% perfect and "on" every night? Seriously, they're human beings and not every show is going to be exactly what you want. Who cares about what the crowd is like. I go there for my enjoyment and if the band is a little off, so what. I wouldn't want to be the one to have to get on stage 5 days a week for a year. I could never do it, but they do it and I know that they do their best at every show. They're not perfect, they're people who just happen to create amazing music.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:20 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

due... the doors opened at 6:00... kings of leon started at exactly 7:30... you walked in the door at 8, and you expect sympathy for not getting a chance to get into the ellipse? yea ok... i'll feel sorry for you once the massive sunburn i got from sitting outside the arena for 10 hours goes away.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:43 PM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 03:36 AM
yeah i don't feel bad for you. you don't deserve to get into the ellipse if you don't try.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:36 AM
i never got fans who moaned about setlists.

its u2's art-all their songs.
they should present their art their way.

db9
Old 05-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #7
Babyface

I've been critical of the lottery before but last night was my first night watching the system at work. The highs and the lows of it are amazing. I had a friend at the front of the line and she got lucky and got in with a friend who got selected, so she ended up right in front of the main stage. She called me and was so happy and I was so happy for her.

I was in 123 right by the door to the ellipse. I think 30-40 people walked out of the ellipse before the show was over. There was a big exodus right before ABOY. These people knew the show was not over, but I guess beating the traffic was more important. The whole thing was just awful. It made me so angry I wanted to throw my beer cup at them.

I felt so bad for everyone right in front of the ellipse. People who had probably been in line all day. I watched towards the end of the show everyone in that area a singing every word of Yahweh, thinking to myself why aren't these people inside?!?!

I'll save my review of the show as a whole for another time, but watching the whole lottery spectacle at work really affected my night. I really admire all of you who are still willing to line up all day just for a CHANCE to be in the front.

BTW, the u2.com line was a fan club line, not a presale line. All you needed to get in it was a membership card or profile. You did not need a presale ticket despite the fact that there was a presale for this show.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:44 PM   #8
Refugee

i dont think this slowed down compared to elevation tour. that tour had an acoustic set, thats slowing it down...this had 20 rocking songs staright thru....i dont know why people are so negative, the shows are awesome!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:46 PM   #9
The Fly

Sorry 'bout going beyond the main point here, but when did you get GAs at the box office? Early morning, late afternoon? I am going to Philly 2 but I have no ticket yet.

Any scoop on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:58 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 04:36 AM
Did anyone see that tsll drunkrn guy with the straw hat and Vertigo glasses walking around the Wach parking lot? IT WAS ME !!!
http://photobucket.com/albums/v92/uf2fan/?start=40
Old 05-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #11
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by jag0918
Did anyone see that tsll drunkrn guy with the straw hat and Vertigo glasses walking around the Wach parking lot? IT WAS ME !!!
haha, yes i saw you. i was outside walking around.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #12
Refugee

Did you see my stereo blasting?
Old 05-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #13
Refugee

well a lot of people had there stereo blasting, but we did walk by eachother. i took notice of that hat and shades
Old 05-15-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
Acrobat

Yeah I saw you. At the corner of my eye, I thought you were Bono for a split second.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #15
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by PatrickM
Sorry 'bout going beyond the main point here, but when did you get GAs at the box office? Early morning, late afternoon? I am going to Philly 2 but I have no ticket yet.

Any scoop on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
A guy purchased a GA at the box office around 2:00-2:30 on Saturday. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:36 PM   #16
The Fly

Thanks! I will give it a shot.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:18 PM   #17
Refugee

ok fixed my avatar pic, lol..man was I trashed in that pic
Old 05-16-2005, 06:11 AM   #18
Acrobat

Re: New GA Information regarding ellipse from Philly

Quote:
Originally posted by fielder31
I went to Philly last night and was able to get 2 GA's with no problem for face value and then had trouble selling my 2 lower levels for face value. I thought these tickets were so impossible, not last night. I stayed in the parking lot until around 8 with friends and 3 of us went into the arena with GA's and they would not scan our tickets. They said the ellipse was full and they were shutting down the labtops. This is B-Shit, they have a statement that this system allows everyone a fair chance, not the case for me and 2 others. They know how many GA's are sold, ever ticket should be scanned. Also, the back of the floor was clearing out after Mysterious Ways. This was my 3rd show of the tour and the band needs to improve on their standard 1 night set, it is so predictable and the flow of the concert can be so much better. They have the arena going crazy and then the air is let out by playing Yaweah then 40. I will never complain about the which songs are played, that is a no win situation, but make the setlist flow to keep up with the fans. I tailgated with around 20 people and after the concert everyone said the same thing, the concert really slowed down and almost became very boring. I love U2 and have seen them numerous times and they are so great live but this tour lacks the consistent energy throughout the concert vs Elevation or any other tour. There are so many highlights and Bono sounded awesome but fix the flow of the setlist. I will probably give it another shot this week, but last night was the first time I left a U2 concert a little hungry for more energy and excitement from the band. The reviews of Chicago 4 are awesome, why do they need to play 4 shows in 1 city to get that great concert. They have the ability every night and we are paying the ticket prices, make it happen night after night. A little variety and not so much predictability will give the band more energy. It seems that last night they are a little bored with the set, switch it up and this tour will go down in the history books. I think Chicago 4 is the perfect example. Everyone is going nuts with excitement and there are no compaints about that show, I have not read one!! Why? Not so predictable and the flow of the setlist was amazing! Gives the band and fans lots of energy, including the die-hards and the casual fans.
You think Chicago 4 rocked!! You should have seen Chicago 3, OH THE ENERGY!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:44 AM   #19
jbj
The Fly

Quote:
ok fixed my avatar pic, lol..man was I trashed in that pic
I saw you rockin out in the entrance to my section 207A pretty much the whole night. People were scared of you. Did you see the guys with the video cam get busted in the first row of that section?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:04 AM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
yea i think everyone outside saw ya