My pics from Atlanta II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2dork

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Here they are:
http://photobucket.com/albums/c91/u2dorku2dork/

I haven't gone through and adjusted any yet. I suppose I'll do that in my own sweet time. Here are a couple of the good ones...

edge7.jpg

adam5.jpg

bono2.jpg

bono3.jpg

bono8.jpg

mysteriousways2.jpg

mysteriousways3.jpg

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:
wow, you were really close. :shocked:

I know! I couldn't believe it!

We arrived at around 7am for the GA line and were numbers 73 and 74. However, something like 20 people put their names on the list and left so those in charge of the list marked them off and told them to go to the end of the line when they came back in the afternoon (thanks Miroslava!). I looked like hell by the time the show started.

The whole day was so exciting. I may have been buzzed from lack of sleep, but so was everyone else. I think by the time the show started, we were all a little punchy.

Around 3:30, I got a call from Dulce de Leche telling me she had made her way down to the entrance of the arena and security was saying the band would show up soon. So, I mosied on down to where she was and sure enough, shortly after 4pm the band showed up. Bono walked the line of fans and I was at the very end. John pointed to the guy on my right, then me and then the girl on my left and said we were the last. I was going to try to get him to sign my fanclub card because it was all I had on me at the time -- dorky I know. He got to talking to the guy on one side of me and signing the girl's picture on the other side and then he said he had to go. He was standing directly in front of me and didn't even look at me. :( Ah, well. It's more than most people get.

Shortly after, I got a message from my friend in line that the people who had put their names on the list and left were starting to come back and try to get their places back. He said tempers were flaring so we rushed back to make sure things weren't going too out of control. I was totally out of breath after going up 3 flights of stairs (I know, I'm weak) and I was trying to tell the story of what had just happened when I heard someone say "she's got the Bono-syndrome!" :lol:

Sometime after 6pm, they finally let us into the building. With the line spit at the door, I was one of the first 30 people wrist banded. Then the computer screen lit up for the floor and I got just a little too excited and started jumping around. I totally twisted my knee out of joint. I can barely walk today but it was soo worth it! We took off running to the floor but were stopped at the portal doors. They split us up into 3 lines, which they totally didn't do the night before, I don't think. We then had to wait for another 5 minutes or so before those doors were opened. It was so frightening when we finally got moving because the people behind us were pushing and shoving. I was so scared that someone was going to trip down the stairs and get trampled. I wound up one person behind the rail just off of center toward Adam's side. Quite a kick-ass spot!

I had a great view of Gavin Rossdale. Oh my, he's a very pretty man! He looks better in person. I really don't like his music, but he's fun to look at. He did some, uh, shall we say, interesting guitar moves directly in front of me. I think he mouthed something at me during one of his guitar shredding sessions, but I couldn't tell what he said.

Then U2 came on and it was just...wow.

Some interesting parts for me:

The pronunciation of "Piedmont Park" was quite funny. The girls in front corrected him. I loved the "I'm from York" comment.

I guess the Happy Birthday song is becoming part of the setlist? Tonight we sang to Ted Turner.

Edge's guitar was not in tune for Sunday, Bloody Sunday. He began the song and made a face like he was in pain. He tried to keep playing, stopped, tried to tune a bit and restarted. The guitar was still not in tune and he was quite pissed. The rest of the band had begun the song so he kept playing. Dallas brought him out another guitar midway through the song.

They also had to restart Stuck in a moment.

Bono repeated the comments about the deal with fans and emphasised that they are only just starting. He also said "We're not going anywhere."

Oh, and Adam's shirt had little sparklies in it. :)

I'm sure I have more to add to this but I'm still so tired after yesterday. Oh, and it was nice meeting fellow Interferencers as well. :wave: to you all.

Last edited:
great pics u2dork! I know the feeling about meeting bono at the meet and greet so close but no dice...it sucked... I was at LA1 and LA2 and at LA1 he came out but there were way too many people and they started to swarm him he said sorry he couldnt stay and had to get in for soundcheck..I was pretty bummed.:sad:

yeah the piedmont thing was pretty funny! I thought he said "I'm from Europe" though...same thing anyway

I must be easy to please cos I didn't even notice his guitar was out of tune during the first part of Sunday Bloody Sunday! I also didn't notice things like Adam played keyboard during COBL apparently. I was far away as it was, and I was too busy looking at Bono and the people in my section, and just listening to the music, that I didn't really pay much attention to the other band members! oops...

I loved it when Bono screwed up the beginning to Stuck. he was sort of like "and then I would say" and restarted it. :lol:

that's cool that you at least semi-met Bono, sorry you didn't get to actually talk to him. since we had seats, we didn't bother trying to do any band-stalking...hopefully next time they tour I'll get GAs and go w/ someone other than my mom. then i can get around to hunting them down. :evil:

Hey, I was at the show and remember u on stage during Mysterious Ways. Great job!!! Of all the people that have the opportunity to get up there you always want people who are true fans and really love the band. Loved the dancing and energy..

Oh, that's not me! That's the lovely girl who was just ahead of us in the GA line. I'm terrible with names but I think her name was Dana? She was very nice and deserved to get up there and dance. I think she did a great job, too.

Oh, and did anybody else check out the Edge foot work, scooting across the stage during during Mysterious Ways? It had me cracking up!

Last edited:
Barbara, I am sorry about missing out on Bono's signing! After that I was sooooooooooo happy for you that you made it in the ellipse. :hug:

I have to say I must be crazy or just the fact that I have met Bono before and actually got to talk to him then and he held my hand the night before on the platform that I wasn't that excited about getting my cd insert signed yesterday. :reject: :crazy: There were just too many damn people down there and I think I was otherwise occupied with that cute boy....hehe yeah not Bono....:flirt:

Those are awesome pictures. I have some good ones from when they were at the tip that I will prob. post in my journal.

Damn I'm in withdrawal :sad:

Thanks for posting these photos U2dork. I'm Chris, Dana's boyfriend. We really appreciate how great everyone's been with the photos. It was a very surreal moment and very different from the night before.
On the 18th we were at 240 in the line and were 3 people from the outside of the ellipse, but 5 people between 6'2" and 6'9" were standing in a row so several rows of people couldn't see anything. Lots of people were crying because these guys absolutely wouldn't move. So we went back by the soundboard and watched from a distance.
So last night was a pleasant change after 4 shows finally getting in the ellipse and then the other part. Afterwards, I turned to Dana and said "I am of no use to you anymore, am I?" She still loves me but is probably never going to be the same...

Thanks again everyone for being so great!

^ :lol:

I have larger files of the pictures if you would like them. My email is u2dork @ yahoo.com. Let me know if you would like them.

Back
Top Bottom