MY GOSH - Brisbane Concert last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Precious3

The Fly
It was just totally Amazing!!
Words can not descirbe how much i enjoyed it. No other concert/band will top that, thats for sure.
The set list was great, and the special effects and all the rest. Considering this was my first u2 concert, I was just beside myself the whole time, just being in the same room as them!
Anyhow....loved how all the names come up after you text to show ur support to make povity history.

Glad you enjoyed it Precious3.

I've seen U2 countless times inthe UK & Europe and I think the Brisbane show last night ranks up there as one of the best I've seen them play. A couple of minor hiccups such as Edge's guitar dropping out during one song and the mistake at the start of Walk On & SBS, but all in all it was a flawless performance.

Bono was in brilliant spirits and it looked as though he didn't want to get off the stage. His voice was incredible. As for Edge, Adam and Larry, they were on fire!!

They've set the standard for the remaining dates very high and I think in all honesty, they will be hard pressed to top that performance. Absolutely worth the 8 month wait!!!

Last night was the 4th time I have seen U2 since 1989 and it was the most amazing concert.

I agree with everything neilm said. They just looked so happy to be here, Bono didn't miss a thing and it was just magnificent!

I am soooo sad that I am not able to see the rest of the shows. Actually, it makes me a little teary.....

Not to worry, I did get to see the dress rehearsal on Monday night, standing in the rain.... and that was different to the actual concert, I think

Speaking of that, did anyone else who saw the dress rehearsal think that the wall of lights was not working for the first part of the concert????

Like for Beautiful Day on Monday night, they had images of the Sydney skyline and I remember hands that turned into doves and a pregnant woman all in the graphics... is that right?? Cause they weren't there on concert night.

Can anyone who was there confirm that??

Stand out moments for me.

Aussie pictures in hte ZOO TV - Slot Machine Images
Edges solo in Kite
Bonos harmonica solo in Angel of Harlem
The Fly
Bonos opera singing in SYCMIOYO and MS

Angel Of Harlem was awesome. Came as a complete shock to me that they were even playing it. And then Edge was playing it on his Explorer (for first time I'm sure) and then Bono on the harmonica at the end. For me the show went into 'party mode' at this stage.

I thought Kite was a decent closer... again unexpected. But I'm hoping they revert back to the Bad, 40 (full version) combo at one of the remaining shows.

Oh... one more thing... (as you can guess I'm excited)... I'd purposely stayed away from listening to any Vertigo shows so whilst I knew of Bono singing the opera part of Miss Sarajevo hearing it for real was shatteringly good. Bono's voice... WOW.

Blown away & I was actually expecting the show to be average really ( just the pessimst in me I guess:)

Was dazzled with bonos M S. ( Beautiful )

Definitley worth the wait.
On Monday round 10.30am I was free to walk whever I wanted at QSAC & security werevery helpful

Security and seating personal slacked off BIG TIME. on the night though reason I say this is what if some fool wanted to do some serious damage if y know what i mean.

All I can say to you all is get there as early as possible even if you have seats, I had premo seat and was waiting over a hour to be seated!!

Dunno if any of you got bags checked etc , I didn"t and The 1 time I didnt bring a camera.

So many amazing moments , so enjoy all.

What's the "sunflower dance" that Bono made the crowd do? From @u2: "After some initial sound hiccups they launched into "Vertigo" with gusto. Bono then led the crowd in a bizarre dance he called "the sunflower.""Sounds funny whatever it is.

I loved Edge's extended solo on Walk On...It was cool when Bono said "Can't leave you behind, Edge!"

Last edited:
I just saw a clip of them practising Kite and Bono sounded fantastic!

I think he hasnt been that great since a long time.

Ive only seen U2 twice now, and its great to hear that other people rate Tuesday nights show as one of the best ones. I'm seeing them 4 more times this tour, and i can only hope theyre just as good. I dont want to lose that feeling of the brisbane show - it still gives me goose bumps

Hey drifter and all who are awaiting 2 nightsshow and rest of tour, I was I could be there for 1 more show.

Brissie was unreal

But all I wanna say is ENjOY, and take it all in , have a Wonderful time. Im happy for you all :wave:

Back
Top Bottom