My god. Tell me if she isn't the greatest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa1310

War Child
So, I am 16 years old. Low low paying job, just got my license, U2 passed my way almost a month ago. I always wanted to go to the last Portland show, but ticket prices rose WAY too high. So the thought of going was completely erased, especially with 3 days left until the show.

My girlfriend and her mom call me, and tell me they need to tell me something in person (it's 11pm, so I was kinda of suspicious, I thought I was in trouble lol). I drive out to her house (which is 20 miles away, rain, and fog.) They both are excited, so I'm kind of laughing along, having no idea. They tell me to open my present under the tree. It was an envelope that said, "To our dearest Alex..." Inside is a green piece of construciton paper that says "U2 Concert, December 19th, Portland, Oregon."

At this point, your low level maxes out, and all you can do is sit there in shock.

They know how much I love U2, diehard fan... Heres how they got them. Her mom is a journalist for a local entertainment magazine (D.A.T.E.), and she called up months ago saying she wanted to do a story on a U2 concert, and a 16 year old boys experience. My thoughts, reactions, excitement etc etc. And they said it sounded great, and they'd get back to her. a month and a half later, nothing happened. No one called, they didn't return her calls, so she thought it was a done deal. Just something they said to get her to hang up. Last night, they called her and told her they got will call tickets for her, and press passes for her and I.

This, is incredible. Does anyone know what kind of privlidges a press pass holds? What kind of seats they get? (I don't know, but either way... I'M GOING :-D)

This really makes my Christmas gift look bad :lol:

I just had to share my experience.

(And sorry if this is the wrong forum)

I think a press pass allows for SLR (big lens) camera for first few songs, and probably some sort of access to the crew, band, etc.

This is just a guess... but it can't be bad!

Wow! That really is an awesome gift. They must think very highly of you. :)

Have a great time! (and then come back here and post about it!) :yes:

That is just the coolest!! :cool: I know you're going to have the time of your life -- way to go, Girlfriend & Girlfriend's Mom! :up: :D

Wow! That's absolutely fantastic! What a great friend you have!

You're going to have a wonderful time. Make sure when you come back, you tell us all about it!

Wow...that is a really cool gift!

The closest thing I got was three box seats for one of the shows in Chicago....but I had to pay almost $500 for them....that's why I said Closest...but not quite.

Make sure you do something special with your girlfriend and her mother as a thank you gift! :hug:

Don't the press pass people get to go around the area that the bouncers along the inside of the ellipse are? :drool:

Congratulations!!

Zooropa1310 said:
What... Where do you teach?

Ha ha, and you thought all teachers were boring yada yadas, however, that is top secret info., can't let it be known that I have fun too!:wink: Look for me around town, you'll know me when you see me.:eyebrow: Hint: gold. I can't wait to read the article. I bet you thougth everyone in town was a redneck. :ohmy: BTW how was it?

Last edited:
faithingrace said:

Ha ha, and you thought all teachers were boring yada yadas, however, that is top secret info., can't let it be known that I have fun too!:wink: Look for me around town, you'll know me when you see me.:eyebrow: Hint: gold. I can't wait to read the article. I bet you thougth everyone in town was a redneck. :ohmy: BTW how was it?

It was incredible... Hmm... Do you teach in what some people call "The new building?"

Back
Top Bottom