My friend got punched in the ellipse last night!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jag0918

Refugee
To make a long story short, my best friend made it into the ellipse last night,in Phila 5/22, he was in the front wearing glasses and a green army hat. I was outside the ellipse with my wife. Anyway, he told me that some a**hole just after '40' punched him in the side of the head in the ear for no reason whatsoever. Tom told me the guy was half his size and was chanting all kinds of crap, and the guy's wife said not to mess with her husband cuz he was a country boy of something stupid. Anyway, my friend who could have easily torn that bastard in 2, didnt and simply walked away as the 2 losers kjept provoking him. He aked the guy why he did it but the idiot never really answered him. I commend my friend for being the bigger man in the situation. A soon to be husband and a father of a beautiful 5 year old daughter, knowing him for 11 years, I know he didnt start anything.
But if that bastard ever reads this, I hope people followed you into the parking lot last night and be you senseless. What kind of fans are we dealing with people? Did anyone else witness this?

what the hell are country boys doing in the ellipse? wow, this lottery thing has gone too far.

Nice, some U2 fans are so damn fantastic :happy: especially the drunken ones

My first time in the heart during Elevation, I was pushed and stepped on so much I had bruises-and there was no need for it. There was plenty of room. There was no need for it period of course. Of course I was a bitch for saying something to these a holes too :happy:

I'm so glad I'll be in my nice comfortable seat tonight.

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :

So sorry to hear about more of these kind of people showing up at U2 shows. I realize there are a certian amount of folks who will always show up at almost any large event , inehbreated, and cause issues; however this type of person seems to be coming to U2 shows way more often than not.

We defenitely are lookinfg into solutions.

No one should have to put up with shite like this.

If any of you have any constructiveideas for resolution, we'd love to hear from you.

Weeeeell it's not really constructive, but I usually find a good jab to the throat will drop just about anyone...plus it gives you time to get the hell outta Dodge while they splutter a little :wink:

Seriously tho, should this happen to anyone and it's possible to get security involved then I would do so. I would also try to secure some independent witnesses, so that your side of the story can be verified. Another thing to consider, especially in light of Bono's "One" cellphone campaigning, is to use yours (or someone's) phone to snap a pic of them if it has a camera on it.

Failing that, quite possibly the smart thing to do is try to relocate yourself. Not easy in the ellipse I'll grant you, but sometimes retreat is the better part of valor.

Sadly U2 'fans' (a term applied loosely to these morons) are human too and as such, that tendency in a minority of people to be an ass is always a possibility.

I had a kinda similar problem at an INXS concert some years ago, but I wouldn't like to suggest that everyone deal with it in the same manner I did (satisfying for me, painful for him). I only considered later on how bad that could have turned out for me.

Hey what an aweful story. I didnt see it, but almost found myself in the same situation. Im not sure if it waqs the same guy or not bu this little spastic dude was so completely over the top. Jumping around like a highschool cheerleader, bumping into everyone around him. Forcing looks from everyone in the area(directl top right where bono emerges in the beginning of the show)

The kicker for me was him on his cell phone talking to a friend in the upper level. Instead of just waiving, dude is screaming and pointing to them with his hand literally 2 inches from my nose. Screaming and ranting after (no joke 20 seconds of this dudes hand in my face I jsut nodded my head slightly and bumped his hand with my forehead. Guy actually ignored my little headbutt and kept talking. That jsut made me and my girlfriend laugh.

I cannot believe some peoples complete disregard for people around them. OK rant over.

Commend your friend for keeping his cool. No need for antics like that especially at a U2 show.

Another thing to consider, especially in light of Bono's "One" cellphone campaigning, is to use yours (or someone's) phone to snap a pic of them if it has a camera on it.

Great idea here, what shall we do with the pix? Police charges I think if the person does violence to someone.

To quote Ozzy Osbourne 'I dont beleive in violence I dont even believe in Defeat'

Hawkmoon04 said:
Hey what an aweful story. I didnt see it, but almost found myself in the same situation. Im not sure if it waqs the same guy or not bu this little spastic dude was so completely over the top. Jumping around like a highschool cheerleader, bumping into everyone around him. Forcing looks from everyone in the area(directl top right where bono emerges in the beginning of the show)

The kicker for me was him on his cell phone talking to a friend in the upper level. Instead of just waiving, dude is screaming and pointing to them with his hand literally 2 inches from my nose. Screaming and ranting after (no joke 20 seconds of this dudes hand in my face I jsut nodded my head slightly and bumped his hand with my forehead. Guy actually ignored my little headbutt and kept talking. That jsut made me and my girlfriend laugh.

I cannot believe some peoples complete disregard for people around them. OK rant over.

Commend your friend for keeping his cool. No need for antics like that especially at a U2 show.

Last edited:
jag0918 said:
To make a long story short, my best friend made it into the ellipse last night,in Phila 5/22, he was in the front wearing glasses and a green army hat. I was outside the ellipse with my wife. Anyway, he told me that some a**hole just after '40' punched him in the side of the head in the ear for no reason whatsoever. Tom told me the guy was half his size and was chanting all kinds of crap, and the guy's wife said not to mess with her husband cuz he was a country boy of something stupid. Anyway, my friend who could have easily torn that bastard in 2, didnt and simply walked away as the 2 losers kjept provoking him. He aked the guy why he did it but the idiot never really answered him. I commend my friend for being the bigger man in the situation. A soon to be husband and a father of a beautiful 5 year old daughter, knowing him for 11 years, I know he didnt start anything.
But if that bastard ever reads this, I hope people followed you into the parking lot last night and be you senseless. What kind of fans are we dealing with people? Did anyone else witness this?

was that TMac? T. McEvoy?!!!?!?!?!?!

that's awful, and he could have pressed charges and the thug would have been arrested. I got punched in London once by a psycho when I was getting a cup of tea at the airport, and I went and got a "bobby" who went and arrested her, it was a her, but since I was flying out I didn't get to see her before a judge. I didn't do anything either, I didn't even see the moron before she did it, and it sure did hurt.

At the ACMs last week, they have a pre and an after party, and some psycho woman who looked like a hooker, slugged me in the back, its apparently a way they use to get people to move out of their way in GA, but I reported her to the security, and I then stepped on her foot as hard as possible. If anyone does violence at you, anywhere, always report it, and get them at the least kicked out, because the next person they might do it to could be seriously injured. Violence is part and parcel btw of borderline personality dx, and is also part and parcel of people that grow up with violence in the home.

Don't ever let anyone get away with that. Violence is always wrong, and your friend may be ok, but the next person that psycho hits might not be.

I was pushed and stepped on so much I had bruises-and there was no need for it.

I had that happen at U2's show in Vegas during Pop, they kicked over all the chairs, and they slammed us with the chairs, and punched all of us in the first rows, and I was covered in bruises, and I went and asked for help from the cops, who said no because they didn't want to get in the mess. Anybody else remember that in Vegas from that, it was horrible.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this. I was at Anaheim 2 and had to put up with a bunch of drunk "friends" sitting behind me yelling at each other, fighting and screaming the whole time and then getting on their cell phones to call people to tell them about the fighting. At least this is my best recollection of how is played out. You couldn't even hear Bono singing over them for about 75% of the concert. No shame these people had. I commend your friend for the dignity and grace he showed dealing with a person with no class.

i really hate that kind of people!
How can that be???I thought u2 fans were only the coolest folk in the world...Well, everyone gets it wrong sometimes, right?

I think one of the problems is that since the band has reached the popularity they have, a lot of people go to U2 concerts because it is the "cool" thing to do rather than because they are a fan of the music. I don't want to get into a debate over the lottery system (I'm actually in favor of it even though it has yet to benefit me :mad: ), but it is a shame that some of these people are the ones to end up with the best "seats". Not sure how to fix the situation, but just an observation.:sigh:

i hate getting punched in the ellipse, but getting punched in the nuts hurts much worse

Chizip said:
i hate getting punched in the ellipse, but getting punched in the nuts hurts much worse

Getting punched in the heart can be fatal, can't it?

Ellay said:

Getting punched in the heart can be fatal, can't it?

Done with a degree of accuracy and strength, a punch to that general area (the solar plexus) can be painful at best, could damage the cardio-respiratory nerves causing unconsciousness, or damage internal organs if rendered with enough force.

A fatal blow would be rare but possible, if done by someone who knew what they were doing. In my experience tho', it's not an area that some drunken idiot would even consider.

Band Wagoneers

lesallimc said:
I think one of the problems is that since the band has reached the popularity they have, a lot of people go to U2 concerts because it is the "cool" thing to do rather than because they are a fan of the music. I don't want to get into a debate over the lottery system (I'm actually in favor of it even though it has yet to benefit me :mad: ), but it is a shame that some of these people are the ones to end up with the best "seats". Not sure how to fix the situation, but just an observation.:sigh:

I agree completely, too many 'Its in Vougr to be at a U2 show"

stevec said:

Done with a degree of accuracy and strength, a punch to that general area (the solar plexus) can be painful at best, could damage the cardio-respiratory nerves causing unconsciousness, or damage internal organs if rendered with enough force.

A fatal blow would be rare but possible, if done by someone who knew what they were doing. In my experience tho', it's not an area that some drunken idiot would even consider.

How about getting punched near the lemon?

In that case you're f*cked!

Ahem..was a bit slow on the uptake re your earlier post. Got my "hearts" mixed up. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom