My FIRST U2 shows - Chicago I and Chicago II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Chicago I was my first U2 show!!! We had rear stage seats in section 226 which were AWESOME, especially for the lights and such. The people around us were all standing and dancing and everyone was totally into it.

Chicago II we had GA. We got up at 4am and were in line by 5:45, numbers 73 and 74. We hung out with a mom and daughter pair from Chile. They had a great time and eventually made it into the ellipse which was awesome for them. When we got in, we were second row along the rail on the outside of the ellipse. I saw some friends from the U2 Midwest group (Laura and Eep) so we stood by them along the rail.

Highlights....

1. During Beautiful Day, Bono grabbed Laura's hand and stepped onto the platform. I couldn't reach him so I was going to take a picture, but then Phil lifted be off the ground, moved me 4 spots over and kept yelling "what are you going? reach! keep reaching!" and I was stretching but couldn't reach Bono. So Phil grabbed by elbow and pulled me up as high as he could and I finally got ahold of Bono's jacket sleeve and touched his hand. :D

2. Laura playing Party Girl was as kick ass as it gets!!!

Pics are coming up.....

Chicago I

chiI1.jpg

chiI2.jpg

chiI3.jpg

chiI4.jpg

chiI5.jpg

chiI6.jpg

chiI7.jpg

chiI8.jpg

Last edited:
Chicago II cont'd...

chiII8.jpg

chiII9.jpg

chiII10.jpg

chiII11.jpg

chiII12.jpg

:bow: The last two are with Laura (Stories For Boys), who I can proudly say I've known since we were 4. I recorded complete audio and some video of Party Girl for her, from right where she was standing before going onstage. I'll post more stuff later...

knox said:
Hey, are you going to be in the GA lineup for today or Thursday?

Great pics, too. :up:

Not unless you know anyone with extra tickets. I'm back in GR today b/c it's my last day of classes. I suppose I could go to the Thursday show, but I never got any tickets :(

Nice pics!!

Do you have any more from behind the stage? My friend is front row and is looking for a good one from behind that stage that you can really recognize him. He's in an orange shirt, just to Bono's right. In the pic with Bono and Edge the top part of his face is showing but that's it.

Last night was my first U2 show too and it was incredible!! the crowd was so excited and the excitement seemed to double when they announced they were going to be filming the show, it was an amazing experience and the best concert I've ever been too that's for sure. :bow::hyper:

OffAxis said:
Nice pics!!

Do you have any more from behind the stage? My friend is front row and is looking for a good one from behind that stage that you can really recognize him. He's in an orange shirt, just to Bono's right. In the pic with Bono and Edge the top part of his face is showing but that's it.

Yeah, sure I'll post more later tonight.

Aaaaaand, here you can download my mp3 of Laura playing Party Girl, and also a video. The first half of the video is messed up. I was so excited and screaming for Laura and thinking I had to record this sound, which I do with the digicam by ripping it out of the video. Then it occured to me that I could get video too so halfway through I start actually filming her. Sorry for the dumb mistakes, hopefully someone got the whole thing!

http://www.nadiacomaneci.com/personal/U2/

If anyone else has pics of this part of the concert, PULEEEEZE PM me or e-mail me! Laura is still in Chicago for the rest of the week, but me and a friend who also knows her mom want to make her mom a disc.

Oh, and if someone could do a YSI for me that would be awesome. I don't want to exceed my bandwidth limit.

Last edited:
Lies that is so great and sweet! :bow: :cute:

I almost have tears in my eyes, and I don't even know Laura :lol:

Bono just has this great smile on his face the whole time :cute: He's like, "Hey, she's even doing the solo! :up: :) "

Thank you for sharing this - I'll try to make some ysi links.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Chicago II cont'd...

:bow: The last two are with Laura (Stories For Boys), who I can proudly say I've known since we were 4. I recorded complete audio and some video of Party Girl for her, from right where she was standing before going onstage. I'll post more stuff later...

I was at that show last night! That is so awesome. Laura did fantastic. I am soooo jealous! hehe. I see I'm going to have to bring my karma back into balance, or sleep with a U2 security guy ... in order to get a GA ticket to one of their shows! hehe. Kidding!

I'm going again on Thursday, but it's nosebleed section once again for moi. I don't care, they still rock!

I'm happy for you and your friend Laura... It was so cool!

Joselle

kellyahern said:
here a link to the video:

http://s49.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3QUWWFUP7SSFD04X4IO5FZWAHJ

Can we post it in Pleba? I think it'd go over great over there too :)

Oh sure of course, but I'd appreciate a YSI link so I don't run out of bandwidth.

That was frickin' awesome! Great job to you both! I didn't read this anywhere yet (who's had time to look). How did she get chosen up and to play guitar as well? And choose 'Party Girl'?:drool:

Lila64 said:
That was frickin' awesome! Great job to you both! I didn't read this anywhere yet (who's had time to look). How did she get chosen up and to play guitar as well? And choose 'Party Girl'?:drool:

She's part of the U2 Midwest group that was also on the rail on Saturday night. Our friend Erin (eep) has a Party Girl banner she brings to every concert (like back during Elevation too). They had Bono sign it on Saturday and asked him to play the song. Last night he saw the banner and came over. He leaned down and asked if Laura could just play the song. I think she also had a sign that said she could play it or something like that. That's why Bono said "you know false advertising is illegal here". Edge put the guitar on her and Bono let her play through the chords once before singing.

I'm so proud and happy for her! She only started playing guitar a few years ago and lately we haven't been as close as we use to, but I know she's put a lot of time and effort into learning. It just makes me so happy to know that one of us, the people I actually know, got to be one of the "ones" up on stage playing with the band.

Thanks Kelly, you're awesome! I'm going to post all my pics in the PLEBA thread as soon as they're done uploading...

I was there and that had to be one awesome, unbelievable moment! I told my sister, MsPurrl, "I wonder if she's a PLEBAN!" Woo-hoo!!!! Can't wait to see the video (will have to wait until I get to work because my dial-up couldn't handle it!) We were behind the stage, so a good distance from seeing Laura, but it was great. I laughed when she said she wanted to play "Party Girl" and laughed harder when Bono sang along! Way to go!

Back
Top Bottom