My first show/December 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyMarie

Acrobat
I just got back home, I'm exhausted!! It was my first U2 show, and I was already apprehensive with a pair of tickets I bought off eBay, thankfully they scanned in and our seats were great.

It was a really wonderful experience, I was in awe through the whole show! Hearing Bono sing Pavorotti's part in Miss Sarajevo was awesome. I'm really sad that it's already over.

We stayed at the Park hotel, and when we got back, we were shocked to learn that the band was staying there and had checked in the night before. We saw some of the crew this morning and we hung around for three hours after checkout, but never did see the guys. I did get to see Gavin and meet two others from Institute. They were staying at the Park as well as Dolly Parton. I'd post a pic of me and the Institute guys, but I'm not sure how.

Anyway, if you were at the show and saw two chicks with black shirt with U2 spelled in crystals, that was us. :)

i was there! i saw you too, i remember thinking how cool your shirt was.. hehe

what an AMAZING show!!! i'm stunned its over tho.. won't be able to see them for a long while

They stayed at the Park!?!!! That is 10 minutes from my freakin' house!! So when I was riding around uptown Sunday night peering at the Westin, I only needed to have gone to SouthPark! Holy Cow!!!

MandyMarie said:
I just got back home, I'm exhausted!! It was my first U2 show, and I was already apprehensive with a pair of tickets I bought off eBay, thankfully they scanned in and our seats were great.

It was a really wonderful experience, I was in awe through the whole show! Hearing Bono sing Pavorotti's part in Miss Sarajevo was awesome. I'm really sad that it's already over.

We stayed at the Park hotel, and when we got back, we were shocked to learn that the band was staying there and had checked in the night before. We saw some of the crew this morning and we hung around for three hours after checkout, but never did see the guys. I did get to see Gavin and meet two others from Institute. They were staying at the Park as well as Dolly Parton. I'd post a pic of me and the Institute guys, but I'm not sure how.

Anyway, if you were at the show and saw two chicks with black shirt with U2 spelled in crystals, that was us. :)

Thats cool :D. I was at that show too. Gavin was Purty. Shame that I didn't like the band at all.

Great show all around though.

Thanks for the compliment on the shirt, the damn thing took me four hours to make! :huh:

Yep, the band was at the Park. We checked in the same night as them, but stayed in the room all night to watch the Survivor finale. I could kick myself knowing they were there the whole time. I knew the Park was nice, but I didn't know it was so nice that all the celebs were staying there. We assumed they would be at the Ballantine.

Anyone else going through withdrawls??

Mandy, being this was your first show I would like to offer you a copy of the audio recording I made while I was there. I tried to pm you but I couldn't for some reason. Let me know if you are interested. I generally do not offer up recordings, but you seemed to enjoy your first U2 experience.

rj - i would absolutely do anything for a copy of that recording!!!

well, almost anything.
my email is swapper13 @ hotmail

pretty please??? :)

rjrumfh said:
Mandy, being this was your first show I would like to offer you a copy of the audio recording I made while I was there. I tried to pm you but I couldn't for some reason. Let me know if you are interested. I generally do not offer up recordings, but you seemed to enjoy your first U2 experience.

Oh wow! You do not know how just how badly I was hoping that someone had recorded the show so I could have a memento! With three small kids, the chances of me ever seeing these guys live again are slim. You just made my day. :) I am pretty new to boots, but I will gladly offer up what I do have in exchange.

Many many thanks!!
mandymarie96@aol.com

Back
Top Bottom