My first show/December 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:08 AM
My first show/December 12

I just got back home, I'm exhausted!! It was my first U2 show, and I was already apprehensive with a pair of tickets I bought off eBay, thankfully they scanned in and our seats were great.

It was a really wonderful experience, I was in awe through the whole show! Hearing Bono sing Pavorotti's part in Miss Sarajevo was awesome. I'm really sad that it's already over.

We stayed at the Park hotel, and when we got back, we were shocked to learn that the band was staying there and had checked in the night before. We saw some of the crew this morning and we hung around for three hours after checkout, but never did see the guys. I did get to see Gavin and meet two others from Institute. They were staying at the Park as well as Dolly Parton. I'd post a pic of me and the Institute guys, but I'm not sure how.

Anyway, if you were at the show and saw two chicks with black shirt with U2 spelled in crystals, that was us.

Old 12-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #2
The Fly

Local Time: 02:08 PM

i was there! i saw you too, i remember thinking how cool your shirt was.. hehe

what an AMAZING show!!! i'm stunned its over tho.. won't be able to see them for a long while

Old 12-14-2005, 05:23 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 02:08 PM
They stayed at the Park!?!!! That is 10 minutes from my freakin' house!! So when I was riding around uptown Sunday night peering at the Westin, I only needed to have gone to SouthPark! Holy Cow!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:50 PM   #4
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 07:08 AM
Very cool!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #5
Acrobat

Re: My first show/December 12

Quote:
Originally posted by MandyMarie
I just got back home, I'm exhausted!! It was my first U2 show, and I was already apprehensive with a pair of tickets I bought off eBay, thankfully they scanned in and our seats were great.

It was a really wonderful experience, I was in awe through the whole show! Hearing Bono sing Pavorotti's part in Miss Sarajevo was awesome. I'm really sad that it's already over.

We stayed at the Park hotel, and when we got back, we were shocked to learn that the band was staying there and had checked in the night before. We saw some of the crew this morning and we hung around for three hours after checkout, but never did see the guys. I did get to see Gavin and meet two others from Institute. They were staying at the Park as well as Dolly Parton. I'd post a pic of me and the Institute guys, but I'm not sure how.

Anyway, if you were at the show and saw two chicks with black shirt with U2 spelled in crystals, that was us.
Thats cool . I was at that show too. Gavin was Purty. Shame that I didn't like the band at all.

Great show all around though.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:37 PM   #6
Acrobat

Thanks for the compliment on the shirt, the damn thing took me four hours to make!

Yep, the band was at the Park. We checked in the same night as them, but stayed in the room all night to watch the Survivor finale. I could kick myself knowing they were there the whole time. I knew the Park was nice, but I didn't know it was so nice that all the celebs were staying there. We assumed they would be at the Ballantine.

Anyone else going through withdrawls??
Old 12-15-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Babyface

Local Time: 09:08 AM
Mandy, being this was your first show I would like to offer you a copy of the audio recording I made while I was there. I tried to pm you but I couldn't for some reason. Let me know if you are interested. I generally do not offer up recordings, but you seemed to enjoy your first U2 experience.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #8
Babyface

rj - i would absolutely do anything for a copy of that recording!!!

well, almost anything.
my email is swapper13 @ hotmail

pretty please???
Old 12-15-2005, 05:09 PM   #9
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by rjrumfh
Mandy, being this was your first show I would like to offer you a copy of the audio recording I made while I was there. I tried to pm you but I couldn't for some reason. Let me know if you are interested. I generally do not offer up recordings, but you seemed to enjoy your first U2 experience.
Oh wow! You do not know how just how badly I was hoping that someone had recorded the show so I could have a memento! With three small kids, the chances of me ever seeing these guys live again are slim. You just made my day. I am pretty new to boots, but I will gladly offer up what I do have in exchange.

Many many thanks!!
mandymarie96@aol.com