my boston experience/best birthday ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtungjulie

The Fly
So, a few weeks ago, on December 4, it was my birthday weekend and also the last show of the Vertigo tour that I attended this year (only saw a few). My friend and I managed to get into the ellipse (yay!!), and I have to say, it was possibly the best U2 gig I've been to (apart from Providence in 2001).

We stood on the back side of the ellipse, and it was perfect! We were next to some really sweet young kids. I still can't believe they did three encores and 'Fast Cars'! One thing we saw from standing in the back of the ellipse was Larry's 'cheat sheet' for his keyboard during 'Yahweh' - I'm sure other people have noticed it, but it's just so funny that he has the notes written down that he's playing.... and there are only about 3 different notes :laugh: :eek: but i love him anyway.

Anyway, the next day, we decided to see if we could find the band at their hotel and were lucky enough to see Bono, Adam, and Edge (no Larry, bah!!) Edge was the sweetest! I'm so happy that we finally got to see him so up close, so I decided to share my excitement (which I still have two weeks after the show) by posting some photos from my experience (sorry if they appear really large):

03da6188.jpg

bono7.jpg

larry.jpg

bono5.jpg

larrybono2.jpg

and here are pictures from the hotel:

72ef3119.jpg

edge.jpg

So that's everything!!! It was the best birthday present ever! :heart:

Thank you! :happy:

Someone on here sent me a PM, but I can't read it, since I'm not a premium member. I think I'll sign up for that soon.

u2forlife said:
Happy Belated Birthday AchtungJulie! :applaud:

You took some great photos there. You wouldn't happen to have any of the Boston Flag Ship onstage during "One" would ya?

Sorry for the shameless request :reject:

yes, i have one really horrible quality one of bono and all the flags - unfortunately, it's not very good... but yes, that was one of the best parts of the gig, wasn't it? i can send my bad photo if you really want it - let me know.

Carek1230 said:
Wow! What a birthday. Thanks for sharing the story memories and photos! Edge's face looks a bit frost bitten or sunburned.

yes, it was incredibly cold that day! i don't know how we managed to wait around outside as long as we did, but i'm sure edge was cold too, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom