My Auckland 2 pictures & report!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slopsy

Everything happens so much
OH MY GOD!!!! Last night was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE and I would give 15 years of my life to see them again right now!
We got down to Mt Smart at 7.30 am to queue, and at about 11.00 they let us inside into this huge tent and put us in these little pens. We were in the 2nd pen, about the 80th people in.

Me in the pen after sleeping for about an hour
P1000314.jpg

So we waited and waited and waited, and then at 3.00 they locked us in, we weren't allowed to leave our pens. Then FINALLY at 5.00 they began to let us in, row by row!!!!!

We got into the ellipse right on the rail, EDGE SIDE!!! We were also about 4 rows back from the front.

Kanye West started at about 7.30 and played his short set. Then Dallas and Rocko and Sam and everyone started setting up the stage, and Dallas gave me a wave and a smile as he went by!

Then "Wake Up" began to play, and I just went MENTAL and didn't stop for the next 3 hours!! The lights went down and I screamed SO HARD I was nearly sick!!!

The setlist was AMAZING, the played ALL my favourites - nothing I didn't like!!! Edge came down my catwalk so many times, jumping and smiling and skipping and he was SO ADORABLE!!!!

Then, the most INCREDIBLE thing happened!! Edge had a microphone set up RIGHT in front of me in Mysterious Ways, and he was RIGHT THERE, and then just before his slide solo, he must have heard me and turned around, and he gave me the CUTEST smile and HE WINKED AT ME!!!!!!!

I was on a complete high for the rest of the night, and OMG when I left I could hardly stand, I had to rely on Gerry to practically carry me up the stairs!

I also cried 8 times. But I never stopped leaping around and squealing my head off!

Ok, enough talk, it's time for pics!! These could take a while to upload though.

AHRG!!! Wow!!
These pics are talking forever to upload.

OH YES AND ANOTHER ADORABLE THING!!!
After UTEOTW, Bono said "I think The Edge just exploded!" and then he said "And what a beautiful explosion he would make!"

And I went WHAAAAAAUUUURRRGH!!!!!!!! and EVERYONE around me looked at me funny :reject:

Yeah for you Slopsy you cutie...I am so happy for you. Its an incredible feeling being at one of their shows!!! I am so excited that you had such a blast these few days!!!!

yougogirl.gif

Edgie winked and smiled at you?????? WOW!!!!! What ddi you do to make him look at you? :shifty:

I'm not asking for tips, honest. :angel:

Congrats, Slopsy! :hug:

Well I'll show u my pics when they hurry up and upload, but in Mysterious Ways he had a microphone set up RIGHT in front of me, and I was screaming so loudly and he just looked over and I went EDGIIEEEEE!!!! and I think he saw my Music Rising shirt, and he gave me the cutest little smile and wink!! He was ADORABLE!!! :cute:

Here's the set list while I wait!
:heart:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
Angel of Harlem
Walk On (acoustic)
Sometimes...
BAD!!!!!!!!!
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet
Miss Sarajevo
Streets
Pride
One
~~~
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You
Saints
Desire
One Tree Hill!!!!!

WHEEEE!! :hyper: I'm SO happy for you, sweetie :hug: Your pictures are amazing :drool:

I take it you were well behaved and my caption didn't come true :wink::giggle:

He really is ADORABLE...He's much smaller than you might think, he's a compact little guy. He has the CUTEST little face when he smiles!!!!! He also has little hands and feet :cute:

And his jeans were all ripped and you could see some thigh-skin through the rips :drool:

Bono did look awful sad, he was walking back after Sometimes and stopped in front of us and hugged himself, stayed there for some time with his eyes closed. Made me want to cuddle him and say 'everything's fine, just fine ...'

Edge looked really happy and smiley, I think he was having a good time!

High points of the night for me were:
Walk On - acoustic version on B-stage
Bad - OMG awesome
Beautiful Day - NZ lyrics so touching and special
Bono and Edge right in front of us, seems like a dream now

And of course Edge winking and smiling at Slopsy! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom