My 2 nights of heaven...with LOTS of pictures (Melb 1 $ 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzlingamy

Refugee
The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - M
At long last, its what you've all been waiting for... ;) my 2 nights of PASSION *falls over*

bonoflag.jpg

Arrive at the Dome around 6.15am. Was a little bit nervous we'd walk around and find 50 billion people in front of us. We were pleasently surprised to see about 50ish people in front of each gate in a "pen" (later to be renamed "PEN A" oh yes!) We settled in for the day which sort of travelled along going 'cold cold, walk to gloria jeans, cup o tea, sit, people get ansty, move a bit, sit some more, sun comes OH NOOOO, Ivan the friendly secuirty guard is happy, then sad, then has mini breakdown, man buy stamp and stamps us all with a target (how appropriate!) wait wait, sit in the sweat den, try to sleep, no sleep, chicken burger, wait some more, hot TOO HOT, get wet from ice, read magazines, pills, stand up, wait wait, some guy smells near us (poor Laura got a fart whiffing past!) wait, feel a bit sick, nervous, gates open, i fucking LEG IT, wind up RIGHT on the barricade, adams side, front row, can't breathe, sit down....all worth it!'
theshow.jpg

Where we were (this pic taken in Sydney) BEST spot EVER!

So we notice cameras set up - find out being shot for IMAX u2 show! Fanstastic i think, then realise I'm front row and better not get my red chubby singing face on the DVD *shudder* But IMAX U2! bring it on! One of the ADs who looked like dDrew Barrymore was chatting to us about it, it already sounds amazing! I can't wait to see it!

So we wait again...there were some slighty deranged fans next to us...quite agressive and freaky! Luckily they didn't pose a problem after u2 started! I think because I was floating on air the whole time and didn't notice a thing!

I kept telling my friends 'ok when I start jumping that when they're going to come on' and also that I'm going to say 'I love this song!!!!!' for nearly every song (i think i did too!) hehehe

So Kanye first...he wasn't bad, but most of the audience looked bored! hehehe

kanye.jpg

Token Kanye picture...

dancinggirl.jpg

His backup singer/dancing girl...she got the moooooves! :D

Then waiting agaaaaaain and suddenly WAKE UP starts blaring and I start shouting and jumping and going omg omgomgomgomgogm to everyone around me - I just love that feeling the anticipation and excitement and love all rushing to your head.

Then BAM they were on stage and Bono is running down the walkway right next to us and City of Blinding Lights is playing and Adam is RIGHT. IN. FRONT. OF. US.

adam1.jpg

looking like this...just grooving out...being the sexy thing he is..

I love jumping along to the chorus pointing and singing 'all you look so beautiful tonight' its one of my favourite moments!

VERTIGO! woooo im still jumping and singing, Bono was sounding brilliant and they all looked SO GOOD on stage

then Adam starts wander over to us, or swaggering as he does...and then HE LOOKS RIGHT AT ME and smiles and plays for me. GUH. I pwas ractically over the fence at him, just looking and smiling and my heart was going 'thumpthumpthumpthump' and the he continues down the catwalk and i get this picture as he stops a little further along

adam2.jpg

OH YEAH....

On to Elevation - Bono said we were swaying 'too cool' but then we were from Melbourne - fashion capital so he understood. ;)

OMG I FUCKING LOVE this song. It so rocks and it was going off - James and I swapped and i was boucning around next to Jenn heheheh probably scaring her :/ wooooooooo!

bono1-1.jpg

I can't sing but I've got sooooooooul

adam4.jpg

Sexy Adam doing what he does best! :D

larry.jpg

Larry at the drums for New Year's Day

bono9.jpg

Beautiful Day

Just the set lists were supurb, i heard songs i never thought i'd hear, and songs it seems like i've been waiting an AGE to hear! :D

adam3.jpg

YUM

bono5.jpg

Stuck in a moment...oh how much do I love this song!!! aaaaaaaaaaaah!

edge2.jpg

Edge during Sometimes

bonolarry.jpg

I need LOVE AND PEEEEEEEEEEEACE

edge1.jpg

Edge during Love and Peace

GAWD do I love Love and Peace....the song is just AMAZING live...it has such a wonderful feel, i love how they pair off on each b stage! :D

Then i took a break from photos, too enjoy Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet and the most BREATHTAKING Miss Sarejevo. Bono's operatic notes and just GORGEOUS! *drool*

bono2.jpg

But I stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill haven't found what I'm loooooooking for...

rockgods.jpg

One Love....One Life....its one need....in the night *siiiiiigh*

amyu2boys.jpg

Just to prove i was there! AHAHAHHAAH (the ONE is for ADAM! :D)

adambono.jpg

Thank You and good night! (not really hehehe) OMG, how fucking BEYOTIFUL is Adam there?!?!

they go off and come back on to.....THE FLY...one of my most favourite songs EVER!!!! WOOOOO
'they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by the moon, you know i dont see you, when you walk into a room... LOOOOOOOOOVE.... shines like a burning star falling from the sky.....toooooooooooooooooonight' *siiiiiiigh*

adambono2-1.jpg

Rock it out boys oh yeah!

Then into Mysterious Ways

bonopurple.jpg

Bono belly danced in front of us! AND sang to our group....oh yes....he wanted us! :D

bono4.jpg

I can't leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve, with or withoooooooout youuuuu

SEXY ADAM!

adamsexy.jpg

WOOOO BONO!

bonoshadow.jpg

and then Saints ROCKED....DESIRE!

bonoadam3.jpg

I have Desire for Adam ;)

....omg omg....and then into Kite...my lovely lovely Kite which i never thought i'd hear live and GOT TO HEAR IT FOUR TIMES. OH YES.

bono3.jpg

bonogreen.jpg

bonokite.jpg

I don't know....which way the wind will blooooooooooow

kite.jpg

I can taste the salt of the sea....there's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze...

u2love.jpg

I love you U2!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Seriously one of the best nights of my life.

The next night, the last australian show was JUST as good, with some ADD ONS!!!

THE. FIRST. TIME. OMG....ogmogmogmogmg I squealed so loudly when i heard the first notes of this...I ADORE That song!

PARTY GIRL!....good party girl too! No one really knew it around us, but im sure i sung loudly enough! HAHAHAHA

BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!IF you twist and turn... omg James and I jumping and screaming at each other! Hilarious! Screaming 'I'm WIIIIIIIIIIIIDE AWAKE' to the sky with Bono is just amazing....

Just two brilliants nights, to cap off four brilliant nights, to let me reach one of my goals, to have Adam play for me, to be there and enjoy it with good friends and just have u2 on fire and wow. IT was everything i thought it could be and more.

I am SO LUCKY.

Wow your photos came out fabulous so crystal clear and what amazing shots.....its an experience never to be forgotten.

Do you mind if I save a photo or 2?

So Amy, you haven't really said, did you like the shows or what??? Did you have a good time? Are you sure??? :eyebrow:

:D

(Great pics! :thumbsup: )

dazzlingamy said:

I have Desire for Adam ;)

gawwd, you crack me up :laugh:

Thankyou, thankyou so much for your beautiful photo's and your excitable re-telling of your U2 experience!

:D Fantastic stuff, put a big smile on my face!

Glad you had such a terrific time, reading your posts brought it all back for me again. They are definitely still the world's greatest band! Wish I could go to Hawaii!

Back
Top Bottom